Don't have an account? Create one!

Bob Leaves My Chemical Romance

AuthorMessage
Kurt Coboner.
In the Cannibal Glow
Kurt Coboner.
March 5th, 2010 at 06:29pm
i didn't know what to do when i heard this . i didn't want to believe it , but i had to , considering it came right from frank . my heart sank , right as i read the words " My Chemical Romance and Bob Bryar parted ways.." i had this odd feeling in my stomach , as if i were almost broken . i can't see my chem without our beloved bob bryar . he was always apart of them , and to me , he always will . we'll miss you bob-cam .
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
March 5th, 2010 at 07:26pm

was speechless when i heard, still am.
it fucking sucks and i don't even know what to feel at the moment.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
March 5th, 2010 at 07:41pm
lycia.:
ngl, since I heard he's out, I'm not interested in hearing the new album at the moment. I could care less if they never release it right now, and I'm more worried about the fact of them lasting as a band now. Something with them doesn't feel right to me, I feel like they're becoming more distant and more interested in other aspects of their lives. I'm more angry and disappointed than sad, I know they're not completely entitled to tell us, but I think we deserve to know more. I want to believe that the above from chemicalromance is true, but there's a tiny little voice that says "oh, everybody lies, they lied to the fans about soundwave". even though soundwave doesn't affect me, I feel like there's something off.... idk

this.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
March 5th, 2010 at 07:48pm
Fleur-de-lis:
And this probably sounds silly, but does anyone think this might have to do with the weird circumstances of the death of Bob's dog? I mean, we havn't heard from him since then. That's like when he went quiet. I think what happened really hurt him and changed him...Things like that do sometimes. I honestly think that was the "breaking point" for him. =/

honestly, that's what i first thought of.
since he basically disappeared after that, we have no idea of his mental state.
everyone deals with things differently. some people are workaholics.
when they're upset, they work to keep themselves busy and away from reality.
other people go into a depression and lose interest in everything.
i'm not saying bob is any of that, but honestly we have no idea.
i know if the same thing happened to my cat, i would be DEVASTATED.
and with dogs you are able to grow a much stronger relationship.
maybe it does have something to do with it, but i don't really think we'll ever know.
we know the band is private and i wouldn't be surprized if we never got an explaination.
and if we don't, i'm sure fans will ask after shows or things like that...
but once again they won't give details, and maybe its for the best.
if they did "fire" him like people are saying, they aren't going to be like,
"bob was showing up to late for practice and his drumming was horrible so we fired him" (okay bad example)
but bob, and the rest of the band are entitled to their privacy.
it just sucks being so invested in something and not knowing the details, even if they aren't ours to know.
/random ramble
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 5th, 2010 at 07:59pm
I know it's hitting a lot of people hard, but the constant speculating is just gonna make it worse. Not just for us, but for them. They hear the shit that fans say, y'know? even if they don;t come across it themselves, and interviewer will be all "So what do you think of the such-and-such rumour?" I'm sure they'll want the fans to keep faith rather than calling them liars.

It's like Fleur-de-lis said, this happens a lot. Maybe for me it's not such a big deal since I went through this with Matt (even thought My Chem never came to Aus back when he was drumming, I was on board back then and got to "see" him through videos an American friend sent me) and as much as I love Bob I'm so used to bands losing drummers. Some of my favourite bands completely broke up over the last year, and two others went on an "indefinite hiatus", so I'm just happy they'll still be playing. I'm happy that they'll actually come back to Australia. Around the time of Soundave, the rumour mill said they were cancelling because they'd broken up. I'm glad we know that's not true.

We know My Chem are like brothers. As Frank said in the blog, it wasn't a light decision and I'm sure they all agonised over it for a long while. It sounds as though there's no bad blood between them. We can all be happy for them for that reason.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 5th, 2010 at 10:08pm
What I am thinking right now is, theyre smart guys, if they say that Gerard's voice is gone, and they can't play soundwave. then after soundwave come out with this, saying bob left 4 weeks ago, Atleast one of them will go: 'Hey guys, fans are gonna start thinking we lied to them' or 'Hey guys, fans are going to start coming up with rumours'.

So, I believe that they know rumours are going to fly, so they'll be ready if interviewers throw them questions relating to this. and they know fans will be shitty without an explanation. So they'll know what they're going to expect.

yaknow?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 6th, 2010 at 06:11am
lycia.:
I could care less if they never release it right now, and I'm more worried about the fact of them lasting as a band now. Something with them doesn't feel right to me, I feel like they're becoming more distant and more interested in other aspects of their lives.

Agreed.

They've been so closed and distant lately that I'm concerned that they won't be able to last as a band for much longer.
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
March 6th, 2010 at 09:28am
Lovesick Melody.:
lycia.:
I could care less if they never release it right now, and I'm more worried about the fact of them lasting as a band now. Something with them doesn't feel right to me, I feel like they're becoming more distant and more interested in other aspects of their lives.

Agreed.

They've been so closed and distant lately that I'm concerned that they won't be able to last as a band for much longer.

I agree D:
Chemical Catastrophe
Awake and Unafraid
Chemical Catastrophe
March 6th, 2010 at 11:27am
I hope that they can hold on... I don't want My Chem breaking up because of this. Yes, it will be hard and, yes, My Chem won't be complete without Bob, but I don't want that to cause them to stop sharing their music and their talent with the world...
Fleur-de-lis
Killjoy
Fleur-de-lis
March 6th, 2010 at 11:49am
Guys, Bob only played on one of their three albums. There's already been an MCR without Bob, and they managed.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 6th, 2010 at 12:17pm
Fleur-de-lis:
Guys, Bob only played on one of their three albums. There's already been an MCR without Bob, and they managed.
lycia.:
It's not the fact of albums, it's a fact that a good majority of the fans started their fan-ness with bob.
Fleur-de-lis
Killjoy
Fleur-de-lis
March 6th, 2010 at 02:24pm
Yeah sure, most fans have always known Bob as a part of MCR. But my point is, it's possible to have an MCR without Bob, because there already HAS been an MCR without Bob.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 6th, 2010 at 02:49pm
You're missing the point still. Bob was in the band for a majority of the bands career. Many fans weren't fans until after revenge was released, a good few months after Matt left is when the band took off.

Sure there was an mcr pre-bob, but many are attached to the mcr with bob in it. I don't think anybody on here thinks that because bob is gone the band is done. More of this is the beginning of the rest of the band persuing other options and breaking up because it feels like they're going in opposite directions
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
March 6th, 2010 at 03:16pm
Fleur-de-lis:
Yeah sure, most fans have always known Bob as a part of MCR. But my point is, it's possible to have an MCR without Bob, because there already HAS been an MCR without Bob.
I think that is a good point.

Yes I can't believe he is no longer in the band.

Bob is a good drummer and general all round good decent bloke but he didn't made me think "whoa that sounds awesome".
I can listen to Avenged Sevenfold albums and be stunned by what The Rev did on drums and in my eyes Bob was never in the same league so I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to find a drummer of the same standard and I am not trying to put him down any by saying so.

I do think that the most likely reason for his leaving was to do with his wrists, maybe he was convinced he could go on and the others noticed that his playing style was different and the guys had to do something to prevent him from doing himself anymore harm. I mean he said it himself ages ago that he would not be able to play the way he used to.

Lyc - Most of the other members already have side projects (Leathermouth/comics etc) and yet the band still exists. I don't think it is the beginning of the end of the band.

The only MCR i've known had Bob in it, but without him it is not the end of the world.
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
March 6th, 2010 at 08:19pm
I think the persona of the band will change. I mean its fair enough saying he wasn't a musical genius on the drums but I doubt Mikey is claiming to be a musical maestro on the brass ect for each member. But a line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise everyone in the band could literally be replaced. Each person brings something different. Its like a puzzle you start removing the pieces you lose the picture.

Then again maybe where the guys have been going in opposite directions (art, music, families) for a while now they are finding it harder to gel as a band as they once did. It just might be taking them a while to find themselves but when losing drums its like "losing your backbone." I'm sure Gerard stated in LOTMS.

Its not impossible for the band to carry on without him, but it is impossible for some one to fill his place in the eyes of the fans.
youkillher
Killjoy
youkillher
March 7th, 2010 at 02:30pm
IT KILLED ME! i was so distraught and beside myself that i couldn't stop crying . . I even had to go outside to stop from crying Sad it put me in the worst mood for the rest of the night. I will miss him sooo much..this doesn't even cover everything going on in my head about this...
I really wish the best for bob
and hope that he goes into another band or starts a solo project..it's so hard to imagine my chemical romance without him but i know it'll be alright, at least the whole band isn't breaking up, right?

*sigh*
Ahead of the Curve
Always Born a Crime
Ahead of the Curve
March 7th, 2010 at 03:15pm
I haven't been on here for nearly a year but as soon as I heard the news I had to log in, MCR used to be a massieve part of my life and I still like to keep updated with them even though I listen ot different music now.

I'm seriously really shocked about this. He was always my favourite as he always seemed like the funniest, and as I said I'm just really shocked. I've always known MCR with him in...
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
March 7th, 2010 at 09:56pm
i cried for an hour Sad i miss him already. i wish the best for bob though.

i feel bad, i haven't listened to their music in sooooo long and now it's like this is what i get, even though it's not my fault.

MCR FOREVER.
Kyelinn
Killjoy
Kyelinn
March 8th, 2010 at 09:33am
Rh!annon:
I know it's hitting a lot of people hard, but the constant speculating is just gonna make it worse. Not just for us, but for them. They hear the shit that fans say, y'know? even if they don;t come across it themselves, and interviewer will be all "So what do you think of the such-and-such rumour?" I'm sure they'll want the fans to keep faith rather than calling them liars.

It's like Fleur-de-lis said, this happens a lot. Maybe for me it's not such a big deal since I went through this with Matt (even thought My Chem never came to Aus back when he was drumming, I was on board back then and got to "see" him through videos an American friend sent me) and as much as I love Bob I'm so used to bands losing drummers. Some of my favourite bands completely broke up over the last year, and two others went on an "indefinite hiatus", so I'm just happy they'll still be playing. I'm happy that they'll actually come back to Australia. Around the time of Soundave, the rumour mill said they were cancelling because they'd broken up. I'm glad we know that's not true.

We know My Chem are like brothers. As Frank said in the blog, it wasn't a light decision and I'm sure they all agonised over it for a long while. It sounds as though there's no bad blood between them. We can all be happy for them for that reason.

This

And I really wish people would stop jumping to conclusions. None of us know the real reason why Bob left/was removed from the band. It could be his wrist. Even if you have surgery for something like that it may not always take the problem away. Bob may have personal things going on in his life. To sit there and accuse the guys of being liars...I'm sorry but it's just wrong. Why would Frank come and tell us Gee is struggling with voice problems if it weren't true?

I can't see the guys as the type to come up with some elaborate lie to cover up the fact that Bob was leaving. Gee is a smoker and is evidently screaming a lot more on this album, right? If he's not used to screaming so much plus the smoking on top of it, naturally that's going to cause a vocalist some vocal issues. Why on earth would they lie about that? They DO hear about this stuff. How do you think it makes them feel to hear their beloved fans calling them liars? Don't call them liars until you have substantial proof that they did lie.

Another thing, people are spazzing about them lasting as a band. They've done two records without Bob, people. Seriously. While it really is terribly heartbreaking we've lost him this doesn't spell the end for MCR. Their new album hasn't even been released yet. I don't know why you guys are jumping to these conclusions. Yes, a large part of the fanbase made up Bob, but I think if Gee were the one that was to leave or Frank or even Mikey, I think people would be freaking out a lot worse than this. Each guy in the band has their own fanbase. Bob had (and still has) a large one. So does Gee, so does Mikey, so does Ray and so does Frank. In fact, I think Frank's may even be bigger than Bob's with the amount of fanfiction and fanart that constantly pops up about him.

So seriously, I doubt that Bob's unfortunate departure is going to be the end of the band as we know it. I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath and calm down. The guys need your support now as their fans more than anything. Instead, you're freaking out saying it's gonna be the end of the band and that Bob was who MADE the band as well as accusing them of being liars. I'd be gutted if I knew my fans thought that about me if I were in MCR. So seriously, step back, think about what you're saying, stop overreacting and support these guys. We all love them, right? We've been through two albums without Bob. What makes you all think they can't do it again?
madditilda
Killjoy
madditilda
March 8th, 2010 at 12:33pm
Fleur-de-lis:

They managed to swap from Matt to Bob, so why not from Bob to someone else?
Hopefully they will continue as they planned...
Wink