Don't have an account? Create one!

Bob Leaves My Chemical Romance

AuthorMessage
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 8th, 2010 at 01:39pm
Kyelinn:

Massive props. I completely agree with what you're saying. How about we give them time, space and faith?
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 8th, 2010 at 02:25pm
Kyelinn:

I agree with you, even though I'm still a little worried about them. You make a lot of sense.
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
March 9th, 2010 at 12:32pm
I had a dream last night that I was riding in a cab with Lindsey last night and we were whispering about Bob. Apparently he left because a fight over sandwiches. Even though that's highly unlikely it did but a little humor into the situation.

I hope Bob's doing okay - whereever he is. (:
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 9th, 2010 at 05:50pm
Once again. I know several of you have posted something like this.
But I felt the need, to ad my two cents, again.

I posted this on the thread on the mibba forums.

I'd rather not discuss this, But let me say something.

Yes, it is absolutely heartbreaking that Bob left, and I will forever miss him, however. This is not the end of the world. It is not the end of MCR. The boys will adapt and carry on. The album will be released, and it will be sucessful.
Those of us who honestly believe in the boys and don't care what they look like, or whatever - will prevail with them.

yes, they've done this before, when Matt left. And Matt is not an enemy. It was a mutual disagreement, much like this one. Frank, Ray, Gerard and Mikey will be together untill it feels right to end this. They're going to get a new drummer; and if you care about the boys you'll accept whoever this is. Smile

And, if im' wrong and they stop making music. At least you got from them what you did. Would it have been better if they'd never existed at all?
Plus you need to look at this from their persepctive. They are greiving too. But it wasn't an easy process. They're missing him too. But its not like he died, its not that anyone died. Bob is simply goin on his own path; which he's entitled too. Bob has a life.

My point is:

The band will continue as long as needed. Maybe not as long as YOU need them, or your friend needs them. But as long as they feel nessicary. The band can only last so long.

Thanks. Just felt the need to have a mature say at this.

But yes, of coures, I will miss Bobbert.

Don't loose faith in them because of one desicion, that ulitmatly will make it better off.

Keep the faith, beauties.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 9th, 2010 at 07:35pm
^this.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 9th, 2010 at 08:06pm
GAGA:
I mean its fair enough saying he wasn't a musical genius on the drums but I doubt Mikey is claiming to be a musical maestro on the brass ect for each member. But a line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise everyone in the band could literally be replaced. Each person brings something different. Its like a puzzle you start removing the pieces you lose the picture.

To be honest, I think you could replace everyone except Gee and Toro and they'd still sound the same. Frank is my favourite simply because of the energy he has on stage (and cause he's fricken funny), and live without him you do lose that energy (I know first hand because I've been unfortunate enough to have had to have seen them without Frank more than once). Live, you don't really miss many of the other guys because they're quite shy in their performance. Gee and Frank are the on-stage extroverts, where as the other guys stick to doing what they do best and aren't particularly flamboyant in their performance. But as far as the sound of the music itself, Gee's vocals (as is always the case with vocalists) and Toro's melt-your-face-off-geetar-riffs are pretty much the only uniqueness. You could replace the other members and they'd still sound the same.

If any of the other band members go, they'd mostly be missed because of their personality, not because of what sound they bring to the band. Given that their fanbase is so young, that's what most appreciate them for. It's the minority who think about their musical talents. Yes, the albums wouldn't have turned out the same without them, but they're not the type of musicians you sit back and go, "Holy shit, this guy is insanely talented!"

When Bob took the break due to his wrists, live they sounded no different. Nor was their energy much different. I missed Bob because of who he is as a person and I love him to death, but to be realistic the band will be fine without him. They'll (and we'll) just be missing their brother, that's all.
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
March 9th, 2010 at 08:14pm
^perfectly stated! agreed, 110%
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
March 9th, 2010 at 08:49pm
Kyelinn:

AMEN! You are my new hero.

Come on people, if they were breaking up, they would have told us. Bob may not be permanently gone, remember back during the recording of the Black Parade Mikey left? Guess what that resulted to? Even more amazing material. And he returned, like the Little Puppy Lost storybook.

I said this with Gerard's vocals andd I'll say this about Bob, shit happens. But our boys are big, can take care of themselves and as far as I know use the bathroom without pullups. They aren't gonna break up anytime soon, it might be alittle difficult, but their working on another masterpiece. If MCR ever really meant anything to you, then you should calm down, not be completely devastated by this news, keep the faith and move on with your lives. Seriously, that's what MCR would want you to do, they made thier music to help others, and to grieve over them and freak out about them breaking up isn't apart of thier intensions. Besides they need us to be strong for them.

P.S. They lost a drummer before and came back even stronger.
MCR_Charlie
Killjoy
MCR_Charlie
March 10th, 2010 at 02:40pm
My Dear Delirious:

Come on people, if they were breaking up, they would have told us. Bob may not be permanently gone, remember back during the recording of the Black Parade Mikey left? Guess what that resulted to? Even more amazing material. And he returned, like the Little Puppy Lost storybook.

I said this with Gerard's vocals andd I'll say this about Bob, shit happens. But our boys are big, can take care of themselves and as far as I know use the bathroom without pullups. They aren't gonna break up anytime soon, it might be alittle difficult, but their working on another masterpiece. If MCR ever really meant anything to you, then you should calm down, not be completely devastated by this news, keep the faith and move on with your lives. Seriously, that's what MCR would want you to do, they made thier music to help others, and to grieve over them and freak out about them breaking up isn't apart of thier intensions. Besides they need us to be strong for them.

P.S. They lost a drummer before and came back even stronger.

This is true, and MCR will always be heros, but MCR won't be the same without Bob. I wonder who will be the new drummer. And also, why did Bob leave the band?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 10th, 2010 at 05:47pm
My Dear Delirious:

That wasn't announced though, was it? I mean, didn't we only find out about that after the album was released? Or is my memory just clogged up by the insane biology assignment I just did?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 10th, 2010 at 06:00pm
My Dear Delirious:
Kyelinn:

AMEN! You are my new hero.

I'm not here to pick a fight.
But I was a bit offended by your comparison from Mikey to A lost puppy.

Mikey left because he was suicidal. He has a medical condition. It is not just him being stupid and wandering off. He has a emotional, disabilty of sorts. Please respect this.

And this descion is final. They have thought about this. Its not brash.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
March 11th, 2010 at 04:41pm
Michael Way.:

I'm not here to pick a fight.
But I was a bit offended by your comparison from Mikey to A lost puppy.

Mikey left because he was suicidal. He has a medical condition. It is not just him being stupid and wandering off. He has a emotional, disabilty of sorts. Please respect this.

And this descion is final. They have thought about this. Its not brash.
Oh I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. As someone who suffers from a mental disorder I empathize with him leaving MCR. What I meant was that before Mikey left, did what he had to do and returned to MCR during the recording of an album. I was referring to a child's book about a puppy that leaves his home, finds what he needed out in the world and returned to his home safe and sound. I really didn't mean to come across as disrespectful.

It might be final now, but you can never make a statement like that and have it be infinite. The guys might have stated it as permanent, but things could happen and change you just never know. Again I'm sorry for offending you with the Mikey comment.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 11th, 2010 at 05:57pm
My Dear Delirious:

]Oh I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. As someone who suffers from a mental disorder I empathize with him leaving MCR. What I meant was that before Mikey left, did what he had to do and returned to MCR during the recording of an album. I was referring to a child's book about a puppy that leaves his home, finds what he needed out in the world and returned to his home safe and sound. I really didn't mean to come across as disrespectful.

It might be final now, but you can never make a statement like that and have it be infinite. The guys might have stated it as permanent, but things could happen and change you just never know. Again I'm sorry for offending you with the Mikey comment.

Oh, don't apologize that much hon. I was just concerned with your intentions... i'm a bit hostile anyway. XD

Its fine.
And yes, I understand your point... I appreciate your hope. Smile
ChemicalKisses
Killjoy
ChemicalKisses
March 11th, 2010 at 09:21pm
I didn't see this coming at all. I wonder what the reason he left was? To quote my friend it's not exactly like you go solo to play drums. XD
It's just so depressing.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 12th, 2010 at 03:52am
ChemicalKisses:
To quote my friend it's not exactly like you go solo to play drums. XD

Maybe he's decided to go big with Gerardalopoly.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 12th, 2010 at 07:45am
The Rumor:
ChemicalKisses:
To quote my friend it's not exactly like you go solo to play drums. XD

Maybe he's decided to go big with Gerardalopoly.

True that.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
March 12th, 2010 at 08:01pm
Brian just tweeted this:
iamjustbrian Proof that Bob is in talks with The Jonas Brothers camp. http://twitpic.com/18766j

i thought itd lighten the mood. and it made me LOL ;D
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
March 12th, 2010 at 11:47pm
Boyd.:
Brian just tweeted this:
iamjustbrian Proof that Bob is in talks with The Jonas Brothers camp. http://twitpic.com/18766j

i thought itd lighten the mood. and it made me LOL ;D

How do people find these things?

But at first I thought Bob was the guy that had kind of a girlish figure walking to the Jonas Brother wearing glasses (I don't know which one of them is which) and I spazzed out. //had to share
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 13th, 2010 at 10:41am
LMFAO! Thta made my life. Smile

...Another intersting theroy, What if Bob went back to doing sound mixing and stuff - like he has training to do?
What if he was MCR or some other "Favorite bands"'s Sound guy? Wouldn't that be amazing?

Idk, anyone else think this?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 13th, 2010 at 12:27pm
^ I just posted something similar on Mibba. Tehe