Don't have an account? Create one!

Letters to Anyone

AuthorMessage
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
June 2nd, 2014 at 02:30am
j,
thank you for an incredible trip. you exposed me to so many new things and pushed me to do things i never thought i would do. i hiked up a mountain, like what the hell? i would have never even wanted to hike a mountain until you pushed everyone to do it. thank you for that.
you showed me the world, or at least a small part of it. a country i had never been to before, and now i've seen so much of it. you exposed me to a new culture and way of life and taught me so much along the way, not only about the country but about life. i'm glad that i got close with you on this trip. i wasn't expecting for my life to be changed to drastically and you were a big, big part of that. you have opened my eyes. thank you
- h
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
June 5th, 2014 at 11:12am
s,

i really don't understand you at all. you've messed with my head for well over a year now, and i can't handle it anymore. i tell you that i like you. you tell me that you don't feel the same way. two months later, when i have moved on to someone else, you tell me that you miss me. but it was too late. then my relationship ends and i try to reconnect with you as friends. you act super excited and hint that you have feelings for me. we hang out once. you still talk to me, but whenever i say "we need to hang out sometime soon," you immediately stop talking to me. i'm done. i mean it. i've put up with your shit for a long time. you are too old to be acting this way. i'm tired of wasting time on you.

- mandy
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
June 7th, 2014 at 12:37am
j,

i miss you so much. i wish you could take me with you to all the places you go--i know you were on your way to italy when we all parted ways. or just let me stay at your apartment and take care of your cats while you're gone. anything. i miss your friendship and your presence. you're just one of those super unique and interesting people that you only come across a couple of times. i can't wait till you come down here to visit, or until i make it back to greece and we can see each other again. thank you for everything that you did for us over there, i can't wait to see you again.

me
stereo typical.
Tragic With a Capital T
stereo typical.
June 8th, 2014 at 01:13am
Dear everyone,
I feel like I have come leaps and bounds in the last year or so, and I'm going to use this post to thank a heap of individual people for how I feel they have helped me. So thank you anyone who's been there for me <3
- Nicola.

Band WAYT,
You are my internet home full of the most beautiful, genuine, supportive & insightful people I could ever surround myself with. Every single member of this amazing community has stuck by all my ups & downs, helped me through the hard times and been there with me to celebrate the good ones. It's such an esteem boost to know I have such a great groups of friends to talk to, even when I'm alone. I love you guys hug

Mum,
We fight a lot less now that I'm never home, which seems somehow mean of me to say but I'm thankful I'm too busy now because it's brought us a lot closer. And I'm glad we see more eye to eye now because having you agree with my decisions has made them so much easier to make. Thank you.

Lachlan,
You're my brother and my best friend. I take it as a compliment when people say we seem like twins because I'm so thankful for the great bond we've formed. You and I are practically the same sport obsessed annoying shithead of a person and I wouldn't have us any other way.

Mitch,
I met you a year ago and I was an average swimmer, a year on and I'm in the top ten in the state. You're the first coach to look at my problems and say "we're going to fix this." And instead of just being my coach you became a friend. Your efforts in improving my attitude not only towards my swimming but towards my life have brought my confidence and outlook on life up 110%. Thank you for being the first to believe in me when I wasn't even ready to believe in myself. I think I do a lot more now, or at least I'm on the way now.

Mrs F,
I'd list you as my favourite teacher, not just because you teach PE which I love, but because you care for me. You talking to me the other day congratulating me on challenging myself and saying how far you had seen me come in the past year was so nice to hear, because I feel that I have come miles aswell. It's nice to see that was noticed. That was the sort of encouragement I needed to keep my head up and keep trying to be the person I want to be.

Daniel,
I walked home with you today and we talked about some deep shit and it was really nice. I'd usually never open up like that to someone I don't know that well but I feel like I've made a good friend in you. Which is a boost to me, knowing I have extended my friendship circle because my social skills aren't too crash hot. And you're patient when I stumble on my sentences or don't know what to say because you understand it can be a struggle for me and you're genuinely happy to see me growing in confidence and ability. You're a top guy.

Billy & Harrison,
A year ago I didn't even have the balls to say hello to you guys, and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to call you friends now. I always thought you were better at everything than me, and that I wasn't worth any of your time and I don't think you ever really noticed me, but since starting am squads with you two and now working with you I've seen we have remarkable amounts in common and sure we aren't best mates by any measure, but I love having such energetic, happy people in my life.

Amy,
You inspire me so much girl. Everyday I watch you ignore the constant put-downs, the people who stare, the pain you're in and push through the day with a smile and a great attitude. You've made the best of your struggle and your dedication to everything you do makes you a real champion in my eyes. The world needs more people as strong as you. I'm so glad you're my friend.

Matt,
The note you left in my diary for me was probably the nicest thing anybody has ever done for me. Having one person notice & appreciate my effort means the world to me. Thanks for being there for me when I'm stressed or struggling and being the first to try and bring me back up. Also, your willingness and genuine intrest in talking football with me means a lot. Not many people can listen to my babbling and passion and add to it like you can and it makes me beyond happy to have someone to voice my opinions about something I care so much about to someone.

I know there are so many great people in my life that didn't get a mention in this post/ essay
but here's my list of shoutouts to the people who I think have made a huge impact on me and who've helped me to get where I am today. I've never been happier with myself.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
June 13th, 2014 at 12:54am
J

I'm glad you ended up in my life. Hopefully I don't ginx it by writing this, but it's nice to have a friend who is in real life, and not just on the internet. Someone I could potentially hang out with. I'm glad that you'll say things that let me know I'm not bothering you, like "we should go to the mall sometime." Not me asking if I can go.
I don't know where I was going with this. But yeah, you have a habit of turning my sour moods a little less sour.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
June 13th, 2014 at 11:44pm
envy on the coast,

i've been missing you boys so much. please come back. i love you.

hollie
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
June 14th, 2014 at 03:50pm
Universe,
Please let me get through Monday
I can do this, can't I?

Megan
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
June 14th, 2014 at 08:39pm
Work,
Sorry I suck. Despite knowing I literally fail at everything I try, I still try my hardest. I understand it's frustrating, and I need to do better, but I don't know how. I'm doing the best I can. I truly thought I was doing a good enough job, but I suppose not. Maybe I'll get better as time goes on. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow.
Vanessa
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
June 18th, 2014 at 05:56pm
Mom and Dad,
I'm about sick and tired of it. Mom, stop getting so irritated every time dad does some stupid thing. Dad, quit doing stupid things and expecting mom to change. You both sicken me sometimes. Stop fucking arguing all the damn time.
Vanessa
cricket.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
cricket.
June 23rd, 2014 at 11:11pm

P-

I can't even express how much I appreciate and like you. Yet part of me is still terrified that you don't like me as much as I like you. If you were reading this it would probably sound silly to you, and you'd probably assure me that it's not true. you are so so so good to me and I feel like I don't deserve your kindness, or your friendship, or your lust, or whatever the hell is going on between us. It's not your fault, but after all the emotional manipulation I've been put through by other, lesser people, I sometimes I don't feel like I deserve someone so wonderfully kind.

L
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
June 25th, 2014 at 04:21am
dear future me,

i hope you never again forget how good music makes you feel. i hope you never lose the feeling of ceasing to exist while you're in front of a stage with a hundred other people who have been through so many different things than you have, but somehow you've all gotten to this point and felt the same emotions. i hope you never lose that. always remember how the environment of being at a show makes you feel. that special feeling that you might actually belong somewhere isn't just a coincidence. that feeling of "this is where i'm meant to be," isn't just your head talking, it's your soul. you are meant to be there. think about it: you've always gone back to music. everything you've been through and all the different interests you've had, music is always what you come home to. even after almost a year of not playing music at all, you fell back on it once your life fell apart. that's not just coincidence or timing either.
you are meant to do this. work your ass off and never lose your passion again. you'll regret it if you do.
never forget this.

- present me
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
June 27th, 2014 at 08:41am
c,
it's been over a year and i still haven't gotten over you.
you'll always be my "what if..."

-j
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 30th, 2014 at 06:18pm
Lydia,

I know you don't remember me but I remember you and I know you won't read this because you're too small.
Lydia, I am your mother and you are my first born child, I could never forget you. I think about you every day and wonder if you're ever told about where you really come from, because I tell everyone about you. I believe you are my angel and that because of you I am being saved. I carry diseases I wish you never have to hold.
Please look at my life from afar and make the choice to never dance with these
demons I chose to dance with. These demons were my friends.
I was introduced to these demons not by someone on the outside but by something that manifested itself inside me. I sought out these demons for comfort from the very thing that chose to live inside me and haunt me.
Schizophrenia pierced a tiny hole in the front of my head and buried itself in my brain. It was quite a distraction as it took away a lot of the time I needed to find myself. Schizophrenia created many images only I could see and voices only I could hear.
These images were sometimes people and along with the voices they would taunt me. They would tell me untruthful stories about my past and the people around me and I would believe them. I spent too long with this illness through the years i tried many times to escape what I believed to be my reality in all the wrong directions.
I wound up on a strange road filled with these demons that were all too inviting. Schizophrenia will always be with me and was there when you were born.
I didn't let the doctor tame the schizophrenia because I didn't believe he could. When you came along I was still dancing and had to let you leave my life for a little while. We will find each other, we just have to let time pass.
Our separation is hard to explain but i want you to know that I am on the right path this time and it's because of you. I am finding myself and will bring you good stories the next time we meet.
Please know that I love you more than you realize and anticipate spending long days with you in the future.

Love always, mommy. xox
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 30th, 2014 at 06:19pm
Lydia,

I know you don't remember me but I remember you and I know you won't read this because you're too small.
Lydia, I am your mother and you are my first born child, I could never forget you. I think about you every day and wonder if you're ever told about where you really come from, because I tell everyone about you. I believe you are my angel and that because of you I am being saved. I carry diseases I wish you never have to hold.
Please look at my life from afar and make the choice to never dance with these
demons I chose to dance with. These demons were my friends.
I was introduced to these demons not by someone on the outside but by something that manifested itself inside me. I sought out these demons for comfort from the very thing that chose to live inside me and haunt me.
Schizophrenia pierced a tiny hole in the front of my head and buried itself in my brain. It was quite a distraction as it took away a lot of the time I needed to find myself. Schizophrenia created many images only I could see and voices only I could hear.
These images were sometimes people and along with the voices they would taunt me. They would tell me untruthful stories about my past and the people around me and I would believe them. I spent too long with this illness through the years i tried many times to escape what I believed to be my reality in all the wrong directions.
I wound up on a strange road filled with these demons that were all too inviting. Schizophrenia will always be with me and was there when you were born.
I didn't let the doctor tame the schizophrenia because I didn't believe he could. When you came along I was still dancing and had to let you leave my life for a little while. We will find each other, we just have to let time pass.
Our separation is hard to explain but i want you to know that I am on the right path this time and it's because of you. I am finding myself and will bring you good stories the next time we meet.
Please know that I love you more than you realize and anticipate spending long days with you in the future.

Love always, mommy. xox
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
July 2nd, 2014 at 06:49pm
C,
You were raised to hate your mom. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Ever since your parents divorced, you have been raised to hate her. You were young at the time, I was too, we only have two years difference. It was subtle at first. As you got older, they (your dad's side) started buying you lots of new, expensive things. Remember the expensive shoes? The expensive truck? You think they did that out of the kindness of their hearts? Sorry sweetie, they didn't. They knew your mom couldn't financially compete with them, and you were a very naive little boy, so of course you'd wanna spend time with them more. But, now you're 19, and you've completely cut her off. You're now to the age where "I was raised this way" is no longer an excuse. Even now though, you don't see it. You went from seeing all of us one year, to having nothing to do with us the next. That wasn't random. It was built up over many years. You've deeply hurt her, and you can't see it. You're my cousin, I love you, but you need to seriously evaluate your life. I wish you knew what really happened. I've tried telling you, I don't want you learning your lesson before it's too late.
Vanessa
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
July 4th, 2014 at 03:52pm
Dad,
Something we both agree on for once. I know I need a full time job. That would be nice. You were incredibly unhappy and, well, rude to me when I didn't have any work not too long ago. You and mom are both fortunate enough to have full time jobs. Be thankful. I have two jobs, and the hours of both combined isn't anywhere near full time, but I'm still grateful. Without them I'd be literally nowhere. I'm not making much money, but I'm saving it all up so I can keep paying my bills. I know my hours are pitiful and my pay is lagging, but bear with me, some people would jump at the chance to be where I am. If I can find a full time job I can excel at and not be fired a few weeks later cause I'm that bad, I promise I'll take it. Until then, be glad I found what I did when I did. I could still be nowhere.
Vanessa

K,
You're not too bad of a boss, really. You treat me as shitty as you treat the rest of your employees, so I don't feel like it's solely me fucking up. I mean, I wouldn't stay there if I didn't have to, but you're not the worst boss I've ever had. Maybe I'll still be there in a years time, maybe not. We'll have to see. So far I haven't made any crucial mistakes that would cost me my job, at least not that I've been told of. Then again, that's probably because all I do is clean tables and help carry out food when needed. It sucks, I honestly hate the job most of the time, but it's a job I'm thankful for. The hours aren't ideal, the pay isn't ideal either, but its better than nothing.
Vanessa

N,
You're not a terrible boss either, you just have no idea how to run your business. I don't get enough hours as is, so it sucks you're always closed, or sending me home early, or considering cutting my hours MORE. I actually like being there for the most part. I can do my job fairly well. I just wish I had more hours. Me and A both, since he's out of school now. You and S are the only full-time employees. And S isn't even planning on staying there much longer anyway. I can understand sending me home a bit early on slow days, but you're only open 4 days a week, I cant afford all this constant not being there or being sent home super early. I used to go in at 8:30, then it got cut down to 9:30, which was fine, but then you started sending me home at 1 instead of 2. I guess I just want more hours, even if it is just for one day a week or something, Keep me til 2 on Thursday. It'd help a lot.
Vanessa
cricket.
cricket.
July 6th, 2014 at 09:23pm

P-

You are so incredibly wonderful and I am so thankful that I took a chance and talked to you. You are the nicest most understanding guy person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, and it is so nice to know that you like me as much as I like you.

L
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
July 6th, 2014 at 10:28pm
Dear Self,

Listen to that physic. She was right. You doubt yourself so much. Just have a little faith.
"Give it a little gas and ease into the curve"\

Me

Dear M,

I like you.
that is all.

Megan
cricket.
cricket.
July 7th, 2014 at 03:44pm

Dear idiots on tumblr-

1. I hate you.
2. Stop being racist pieces of shit.
3. Y'all need to enter the real world where no one is gonna coddle you. It'll do you some good, trust me.

L
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
July 8th, 2014 at 12:44am
Dear Frank Iero

i wish i had the right words to appropritatly say this,but I don't believe there is any, in any language that exists.
The best I can do is, Thank You eternally and I love you.
Your support, vision and story have been the inspiration I needed to get myself together, live, and work significantly on my dreams.
I would not be here, litterally, without you.
I used to think I owed my life to some of your band mates, or to other musicians, and they have helped. But compared to my stories with them, no one compares.
The way you have inspired me to feel these past few weeks is something I doubt i'll ever find in any other outlet.
from the very bottom of my stitched together, black, little heart, T H A N K Y O U.

You're rise from "scum" to "someone" is too heroic for me not to do the same.

All the ever blessed love in the world,
Megan