Don't have an account? Create one!

24/10/2010 O2 Apollo Manchester

AuthorMessage
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
September 23rd, 2010 at 10:17am
So, who's attending? INO seems pretty dead recently but maybe it'll liven up soon. I'm travelling from the other end of the country to see them, anyone else travelling a long way? Anyone who's seen them before know if they come out afterwards to sign stuff at all?
Serenity
Fabulous Killjoy
Serenity
September 23rd, 2010 at 11:16am
I am! And I'm going to all 3 UK gigs so a lot of travel for me. Frank used to come out a lot but he is a dad now and maybe he will have his family with him and want to spend his time with them? On the other hand they are smaller venues than last couple of times so who knows. IDK. Just happy to see them play Smile
ScreamingRevenge
Joining The Black Parade
ScreamingRevenge
September 23rd, 2010 at 09:51pm
Assuming I manage to get tickets I will be at this date and I really can't wait Very Happy

EDIT: Got my ticket Very Happy BRING IT ON Very Happy
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
September 24th, 2010 at 04:58am
I got tickets! Hurrah! The standing tickets were all gone within 5 minutes on the site linked from the MCR website. D; Found standing elsewhere though, think the site was UKU, and they have a special limited edition shirt designed by Gerard or something for sale too, but it's pricey (£19!) D;

I can't wait to see them! Very Happy it will be my first time.

Serenity that's a lot of travelling Surprised how are you getting about?
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
September 24th, 2010 at 02:04pm
I'll be there and at London too Very Happy
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
September 24th, 2010 at 04:38pm
I am beyond excited. It's going to amazing at the Apollo, it's so small compared to where they usually play.
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
September 24th, 2010 at 05:46pm
I'll be there seating cos I'm at Doctor Who live in the MEN that day as well Very Happy
Can't wait!
Three years is too long for them to have been out the country!
Oh, there is a little smoking area around the back where the buses park that has a barrier, I managed to meet Bert from The Used there once, so chances are MCR will go there for a Cig Smile
EmGuitarGoof
Killjoy
EmGuitarGoof
September 24th, 2010 at 06:56pm
I've just missed out on tickets
(it would have been awesome too, my 21'st this year and i went to see them there on my 16th [that makes me feel old, i'm currently under 21 ..i shouldn't feel old] so it would have been 5 years since last time ,almost)
so can you guys do me a favor and have twice as much fun for me Smile
(missed out on thrice as well in london cause going to see dir en grey 2 weeks before skinted me , why do i keep missing amazing gigs?)
not much of a favor to ask right? cheers!
miss california.
Bleeding on the Floor
miss california.
September 24th, 2010 at 08:24pm
I'll be there! There's no way I could have missed this. The Apollo is such a lovely venue as well, i can't wait!
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
September 26th, 2010 at 01:22pm
i'll be here and london (just posted this on londons page but whatever lol)

slightly gutted i went to all the effort of getting up early and spending all the money i did on tickets - i work at the o2 academy in birmingham and my manager told me after that i could have got free tickets. tad late now dude!

excited! i'll be there with my boyfriend, my mom and her work mate lol. love it.
AmyyGoesRawr
Killjoy
AmyyGoesRawr
September 26th, 2010 at 03:09pm
So jealous of all you lucky bitches that got tickets. i tried to get em 5 minutes after they'd gone on sale and they'd sold out D:

hope they do another big tour soon
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
September 29th, 2010 at 04:45pm
Hmmm I'd love to meet them! I'll be there with my boyfriend. I've not been to the apollo, what's the size like? I have no idea about venues really, the biggest I've been to was probably the o2 in Bristol if that's a good reference...

Maybe I should bring my cigarettes so I have a chance of meeting them and not looking like a creepy stalker-fan >.> do you think they'd be there before or after?

And when is a good time to get there? xD Would be nice to meet some of you guys beforehand! :3
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
September 29th, 2010 at 06:16pm
depends where you wana stand as to what time you get there!
if you wana be on the barrier.... night before = definately will be, morning = probably

if you're taking the laid back approach like me lol, then whenever : )
i'll be around from midday, duno what time i'll start queuing though.
i was at work the other day and just was thinking how the manchester gig is like a tad smaller than the venue i work out, and knowing how easy it is to get to the front at birmingham academy given how small it is, and how even if im not at the front i can get a decent view... its a tad pointless freezing my ass off to get on the barrier... so im not gona bother this time =o

its not a massive venue... ive never been to bristol, but i think manchester apollo is about twice the capacity (my guess looking at the capacity is bristol doesnt have much of a balcony, if they even have a balcony, so standing area is probably about the same)

and as its just a small venue im guessing it will be fairly easy to meet them - though the fact everyone will probably try and meet them may be a problem =/

if you're gona be there all day and not bother queuing for the gig then meeting them before the gig is probably gona be much much easier! their tour buses im guessing will be easy to find given that its just a small venue (i know at the o2 venue i work at theyre just on the sideroad behind the venue so you can easily see the band walking on and off it...) probably gona be near on impossible afterwards...so if you can get there midday and find the tour bus then... may increase your chances ; )

sorry..essay much?

and yeah, definately up for meeting people : )
my coach back home isnt till about 1:30am so i'll be around for a while before and after the gig lol.
Easy Tiger!
Killjoy
Easy Tiger!
October 1st, 2010 at 04:49am
Just incase it makes a difference to anyone, the Apollo isn't an O2 venue. I think its just become standard to whack 'O2' infront of venue names.

Anyways, I will be there! Is it a little to early to start speculating on support? I cant wait to see them in an intimate venue, it seems so long since I saw them there on the Three Cheers tour (circa 2005!)
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
October 1st, 2010 at 08:29am
um..it is an o2 venue... ?

http://www.o2apollomanchester.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=2746610448#!/O2ApolloManchester?ref=search

and every ticket website etc...could go on.

not really standard to call all venues o2 something... just a fact they own a fairly large proportion of venues at the moment, so a lot are actually now called o2 something. they only recently took over...
Easy Tiger!
Killjoy
Easy Tiger!
October 1st, 2010 at 08:44am
I went about two months ago and it wasn't the O2? Sorry, haven't been to Manchester for a while, living over in Leeds now. Ahh well.
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 1st, 2010 at 11:33am
Looks like o2 have bought the apollo then, but the venue is still the same place. :p

I do not know what to wear, so I can't say what I'll be wearing if you want to find me... xD But I will probably still have bright red hair.
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
October 3rd, 2010 at 09:07pm
Sadly the O2 has bought the Apollo and turned it into one of their venues. (I have issues with O2 Smile)
The Apollo is a 5,000 people capacity venue I think, but the good news is it's kind of sloped so when you stand at the back you can still see the stage because you're slightly on line with it... Sorry if that made no sense!

AmyyGoesRawr; They'll probably do an Arena tour sometime next year Smile
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 6th, 2010 at 05:36am
Oh nice Smile I am pretty short... Hopefully the one really tall guy that stands in front of you won't be there to stand in front of me! Really doubt I'd go to the front as I can't really justify queuing all night when I'm paying so much for a hotel. xD
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
October 7th, 2010 at 07:02am
I really hope he doesn't for your sake Razz

The Central Travelodge in Manchester is quite cheap if you book it in advance, just to save you money Smile