Don't have an account? Create one!

24/10/2010 O2 Apollo Manchester

AuthorMessage
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
October 24th, 2010 at 04:12am
Hey just waiting for the coach Smile not gonna bother queuing but will be in Manchester at half 12. Yesterday didn't queue (was too busy listening to the TEN song soundcheck!) and just strolled straight down to the front when I got in and was 2nd row back from the start. So I'm gona stay warm all day and hope it's just as easy again lol Smile
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 24th, 2010 at 04:31am
Yeah I think I will be hitting aflecks for some shopping today! I am so excited, o feel like a kid on Christmas eve! Very Happy are you getting dropped off at the Apollo? I still need to figure out how to get there xD anyone know if the metro goes there?
yelyahwilliams
Tragic With a Capital T
yelyahwilliams
October 24th, 2010 at 10:16am
someone i follow on twitter has just met gerard, so take it he's out and about! get involved guys!
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 24th, 2010 at 10:40am
Hmm I should leave the hotel soon, but feeling really dizzy >< hope it passesss
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 24th, 2010 at 07:00pm
MCR and the security and ambulance crew were awesome but the crowd were not. I fainted, and got kicked in the eye by another fainted guy. What did you guys,think? Something felt off about the crowd to me, but mcr were fabulous Smile
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
October 25th, 2010 at 06:34am
I know what you mean about the crowd. When they went off I was surprised they bothered coming out again for an encore because the crowd were deathly quiet. Two chants of MCR and We Want More and they pretty much shut up. No wonder James ran out pretty quickly, otherwise the crowd might have given up.
The band were outstanding though, I forgot how much I missed them.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
October 25th, 2010 at 06:36am
Loved Kieran on stage for Honey. Anyone know him? I couldn't stop laughing how he kept starting the song really early and Gee kept stopping him lol
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 25th, 2010 at 07:20am
That guy was awesome, he was totally into it and even pointing the mic at the crowd hahaha!

Me and my friend met Gerard, we got lost and were walking the opposite way to the venue, like wayy into Manchester, and I just saw him on the other side of the road outside a hotel with some security guys talking to two fans. There was literally nobody there I couldn't believe it! I looked like a tramp as I hadn't slept or showered from the London show haha and didn't know what to say, I just basically said hi and he said thanks for coming out, then my friend had no idea what to say so she asked him for directions hahaha. Mikey was also there but I didn't see him. He was really nice and polite.

We had a really great spot at the gig, we had like this little mosh pit going on so there was plenty of room and more and more people kept joining, it was just so much fun. I think I preferred the London show just for the general banter from the bands, but this was still all kinds of awesome!

So much to say and I can't even remember arghhhhhhhhhh. Going to youtube now to freak out!
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
October 25th, 2010 at 10:11am
The crowd DID seem rather... Bleh. Worst MCR crowd I've eer been in, but I was seating and could see some people getting really into it which was fab Smile
Absolutely AMAZING gig!
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
October 25th, 2010 at 12:16pm
the crowd around where i was were amazing, much cooler than the london crowd, i guess it must have been a placement thing! though the london crowd were louder. kieron was fantastic, coming forward to take his rockstar bow! i thought the show was much better in manchester than london though, it looked and felt like the band were having the time of their lives up there! i think they might have been nervous in london, first show back and all that, but by manchester they were firing on all cylinders Very Happy

anyone else think that mikey is such a pimp nowadays, with his sparkly bass, flicky hair and pout?
SynysterDreams
Salute You in Your Grave
SynysterDreams
October 25th, 2010 at 01:42pm
I found the crowed so weird, before Twin Atlantic came on me and my friend spent an absolute age talking to these two really nice people and even when the crowed got really rough they were still checking on us and asking if we could see and if we were okay. And even when we had to get out due to the fact that we couldn't physically breathe anymore everyone we asked to help us get out was more than happy to help, telling to people move and making room. I guess there will always been some lovley people to the not so lovely.
But all that aside MCR were unbelivable, I saw them twice on the Black Parade tour and last night was FAR better than that. I turley loved it, it was perfect. Can't wait for them to be back Very Happy
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 25th, 2010 at 01:50pm
The crowd was awesome around me, I stayed right on the edge of a pit, there was only 3 or 4 guys in it at first but by the end it had opened up into a bigger one as people had moved to find it haha. But I saw a lot of swaying/surging and screaming down the front before the band came on.

I loved the way they ended it going off stage one by one just leaving Mikey, they all just seem so happy to be doing it now.
SynysterDreams
Salute You in Your Grave
SynysterDreams
October 25th, 2010 at 02:33pm
hahah yeah I totally know what you mean, they really looked like they were enjoying themselves. Smile
The crowd around me to start off was horrid, we were right in the middle 4 or 5 rows from the font. It's not like i'm not used to the big gig squish but that really did take the piss! When we got to the side we ended up being like 2 or 3 rows back and had a much better view too, i'm glad we moved.
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 25th, 2010 at 02:49pm
Yeh I could tell straight away the crowd was full of idiots, to be honest the whole vibe of some people in the queue was just stupid compared to the London show. But I guess that's because I love them for the music and not the way they look or whatever it is stupid people like them for. I heard some things on the train home that made me so angry. Meh, I just get annoyed with idiots.

But I was pretty far back when the crowd was surging before MCR came on and it was still hitting us pretty hard so I imagine it can't have been nice stuck in it. I can deal with anything in a crowd, but I absolutely hate that moment when your legs won't move but the rest of your body is completely gone with everyone else and you can't breathe ha, give me a nice open mosh pit any day. Planetary was the best thing ever, we had a full on dance pit going on hahaha. Nobody was moshing at all, just dancing.
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
October 25th, 2010 at 06:14pm
Well, I'm glad people were still having the Ol' MCR crowd attitude Smile
Must have just been where I was sat! I could see all the troublemakers ! ... God that made me sound old Razz
SynysterDreams
Salute You in Your Grave
SynysterDreams
October 25th, 2010 at 06:24pm
I do get mad with fans sometimes, I've loved them since I was about 12 and the way I see it is Gerard's undeinable good looks are just a wonderful added bonous. Smile Although I did feel quite odd waiting outside in the que, in the 6 hours we were there I just felt like I wasn't wearing enough black and red Neutral I do think it's rather crap when people judge how much of a fan you are by what you wear or how much you fancy they band!
I'm rubbish in crowds really, I get really clostrophobic when my face gets covered and I was fine right untill a really tall person was infront of my and i was shoved in to him. Probably not the best idea for me to be standing, but I just love the atmosphere so much more than seated. But when Plantary was on we were all dancing too, it was crazy!
There were too many trouble makers!I think we all sound rather old to be honest haha
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
October 25th, 2010 at 07:04pm
I wish I had been dancing at Planetary (Sp?) ! But I've got an inner ear infection, which the bass has KILLED and I started dancing and fell over XD
Balance = Crap.
I love that we're all old now Razz We're like MCR veterans !
SynysterDreams
Salute You in Your Grave
SynysterDreams
October 26th, 2010 at 05:05am
Oh man, that just suck! My dancinglooked like I was about to fall down simply due to the fact that even with the amount of dance lessons my mum made me go to when I was little, I still can't dance! haha
That is so weird, I said the extact thing to my friends outside in the que, we were sat saying 'You weren't there man! You weren't there!' hahahaha!
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 26th, 2010 at 06:10am
Hahaha, I try not to judge, I don't care if people have liked them from the start or only heard them last week, if they're a fan then that's great. But when people get really personal, scream in their faces and are disgustingly rude about certain band members wives, then I just don't see what the point is? I understand people are curious but their personal lives are nothing to do with us, we don't know them at all.
And I hate the whole fan jealousy thing, when that guy got up on stage for Honey there was one or two people around me who were just slagging him off, I just don't get it, I was really happy for him.

Gahh.
End rant.

But I love love loved these shows, I think they have been my favourite MCR shows ever! And I met Gerard for the first time ever, which was pretty awesome although I wish I'd said something more than 'I just wanted to say hi', hahaha.
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
October 26th, 2010 at 10:21am
Oh noo! Don't get me wrong! I love that they have new fans, it's just funny the way some people can go "In MY day!" It just makes me chuckle Razz
I can't stand the jealousy thing either, it's like if they're happy, that's the main thing! Plus, Kieran was a LEGEND I wanted to hug him !
Aww, good for you meeting him! Did you meet him after the show?

@Synyster Dancing in general I'm awful at as well, it just makes life funnier though, right ? Razz
We can't all have G's moves Wink