Don't have an account? Create one!

24/10/2010 O2 Apollo Manchester

AuthorMessage
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 26th, 2010 at 10:26am
I really didn't think the crowd was good... I'm used to gigs where everyone helps each other out and helps if they fall. I was at the front of the crowd (5th row back) and before MCR came on, the surging of people was so stupid. I nearly fainted from just that, and it was before the band were even on. When they started playing, I couldn't move at all and got kicked in the face by a guy who was being lifted up by people, have a black eye from it >_< I was trying to just focus on the music and enjoy myself but it was totally impossible. After a few songs I told my boyfriend we had to move because I was going to pass out, so we went to the right side of the stage where there was room to breathe.

I had a good time there for a little bit, there were two people having an argument near me, one of them was being an ass I think. I just wanted to dance but no one around me was :< then I went to the fire exit and the lovely security lady gave me a drink and took me outside where I fainted. The ambulance crew and security were really helpful, and there was a lady of about 30 who was really kind to me as well, asking if I wanted something to eat and so on. They were great, and I really appreciated them after being in the crowd where no one seemed to care for anyone else. I still can't believe how shitty the crowd were near me. They really didn't seem to care much, I tried to start a chant of MCR before they came on, no one picked it up, and the SHRIEKING in my ears... >___< come on, be considerate! >_<

I'm sure you guys are all lovely Very Happy but the people around me have really made me lose some faith in people.

BUT. MCR was awesome. The team was awesome, and the St Johns people were awesome. I'm really glad I saw them. <3
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 26th, 2010 at 10:30am
To continue my rant... Anyone here people shouting at twin atlantic? They were saying "You're shit!" and "Get off!" and stuff. I thought that was despicable really.
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
October 26th, 2010 at 10:56am
I was there! I was there!! It was amazing and so fucking intense! I got so crushed it was unbelievable but it was so fucking worth it!
SynysterDreams
Salute You in Your Grave
SynysterDreams
October 26th, 2010 at 01:18pm
To continue a conversation from the previous page :') I have no problem with new fans, I think it's great how well they are doing, I just don't get like any fan that judges you on what you are wearing and such. I used to do the wearing shit loads of black and stuff but it just didn't work for me.
I think everyone can agree the crowd was awful for the most part, but I just thank all those lovley people who helped me and my friend out before we faited. Smile I do think alot of it was just that they hadn't played for so long and people were just excited.
Also I didn't hear anyone being horrid to Twin Atlantic, but I really liked them, I'm actually listening to them now Very Happy
Serenity
Fabulous Killjoy
Serenity
October 26th, 2010 at 01:56pm
Some idiots right behind me had a chant for several minutes during twin atlantic of "get off". Ignorant as all hell (I don't think Twin Atlantic are that good but I would never do that). And the crowd surges were ridiculous.
I don't particularly like crowd surfers either but idiots around me were deliberately dropping them. And no one was helping anyone.
The number of people who put their hands up saying they hadn't been to an MCR show before shows why all the idiocy was happening.
Edinburgh the next day had a way better crowd (although the surges were still happening but mostly during the actual show, not for the whole 30 mins before).

Saying all that, I will be at the next UK show Smile The show itself was EPIC.
the_lovecats
Killjoy
the_lovecats
October 26th, 2010 at 02:00pm
Anyone know if they came out to meet the fans after this show?

-x-
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
October 26th, 2010 at 02:19pm
Totally agree with the stuff about the crowd surges! I was off to the left on Franks side and at the beginning i was so crushed it was insane! By the middle of the set, so many people had been pulled out I actually had room to breathe but I think people were just being stupid.
Sweet Pandemonium.
Bleeding on the Floor
Sweet Pandemonium.
October 26th, 2010 at 02:26pm
the_lovecats:
Anyone know if they came out to meet the fans after this show?

-x-

Yeah they all came out, my friend met them. Insanely jealous to say the least haha.
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 26th, 2010 at 03:17pm
PrinceArthur.:

Aww, good for you meeting him! Did you meet him after the show?

No we met him in the afternoon it was totally random and so lucky I can't believe it. We don't know Manchester very well and we'd just had something to eat then were wandering about in what we didn't know was the opposite direction to the venue. Then I just saw some black cars on the other side of the road and Gerard was there talking to two fans and nobody else was about. I think they were just about to get driven to the venue because Mikey wandered out of the hotel too and there were two driver/security type men there. He was so polite and lovely.

On to the crowd, it sucks that the crowd was so bad, I love how Twin Atlantic took it though. In London everyone was up for it and gave them a really good reception. But in Manchester I love how he sarcastically said 'well I'm sorry we came first'meaning before MCR on stage hahaha and I think it totally went over people's heads. I love Twin Atlantic and I don't care if people don't like them, don't be f*ing rude, MCR did choose them.

The mosh pit I was in, everyone was awesome tbh, everyone was helping each other up and there were all sorts of people like young guys and older men etc, but as much as they were all into it, as soon as someone went down they stopped to help.
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
October 27th, 2010 at 05:37am
I agree with you Serenity, I didn't really like their music but I felt so bad for them when those idiots were shouting at them... >< I think maybe most of the crowd should learn some gig etiquette Wink I loved the performance of prison! I got the start and end on video, and I love the part where Gerard told the boys to take off their shirts... xD great showmanship right there! XD
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 27th, 2010 at 08:02am
Just found these awesome videos for anyone interested, really good quality:

Nanana

Planetary

Welcome To The Black Parade

The Only Hope For Me Is You
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
October 27th, 2010 at 12:54pm
Hi everyone , i've been recovering for the past thew days , i'm still recovering now lol . So i had an awesome time , i really got into it and was singing at the top of my lungs in my incredibly bad voice lol, i was in the front circle seating but even i nearly passed out a thew times it got so hot only two songs in . I have to agree with the rest of you about the crowd , they were awful ( apart from the thew of you who actually went to see the concert and not get into a fight) , it was just ridiculous , in the queue was where i really struggled , most of you probably saw the drunk idiots who were in the queue , especially this one guy who was throwing things to his friends down the line , i ended up with a dirty blanket being thrown on me , i have OCD and a real big fear of germs so to have this dirty blanket thrown on top of me really freaked me out , luckily i managed to calm down and enjoy MCR , when i was seated all i could here were fights going on in the standing area and i saw two girls get dragged out before mcr even came on , i was shocked as to how most of these so called fans had no respect for anyone , the booing and jibing at twin atlantic was unnecessery , i felt so sorry for them . Focusing on when MCR came on , well the balcony was actually moving up and down cause of how crazy everyone went , like i said i had a wicked time and it was my first MCR concert so i was determined to not let anybody or anything ruin this moment , luckily me and my dad were sitting by alot of other dads and moms with there kids so there was noone drunk around us , my favourite song would have to be prison as it was highly amusing seeing the look on my dads face when Gerard told the guys to take of there shirts lol Smile , i told him he didn't have to do it which he looked highly relieved for , i don't know whether it was just me but i'm sure i saw someone throw something at gerard and i'm pretty sure it hit him which annoyed me a little bit . But all in all it was a brilliant concert , mcr were amazing and i had a wicked time Smile
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 27th, 2010 at 02:21pm
Haha bless your dad. Pretty much all of the guys around me took their shirts off, I wish us girls could take them off without it being a bit erm pervy, I felt left out haha. There was a guy next to me who took his shirt off and when the song finished he put it straight back on and said 'yayy I can feel comfortable again now!' haha bless him, I love how into it people get. I can't believe there were so many fights, I must've been in a good part of the crowd because everyone was lovely and helping each other up. But yes, there were some right dick heads in the queue, there was a certain group right in front of me and one guy just thought he was the absolute shit and was being really rude to some girls, I was ready to smack him.
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
October 27th, 2010 at 02:25pm
You should of smacked him , we could of beaten him up together lol Smile
miss california.
Bleeding on the Floor
miss california.
October 29th, 2010 at 12:17pm
Fucking incredible gig, their shows are always so much fun. I have to agree with the crowd though, that was the one thing that disappointed me. I was 4-5 rows from the front at the start during all the pushing - of course at a gig you expect that, but not to the extent that this was. There was a guy who was actively encouraging the pushing, who was really pissing me off. And I also agree with how some people were acting towards Twin Atlantic, there was one girl in particular near me who was like 'you're shit, fuck off now, you've done you're song' who was annoying quite a few people around us. It's like, if you don't like them, be quiet and let the people who do enjoy them, listen. It's the one thing that annoys me at shows.

HOWEVER, the boys were incredible, such a good setlist, loved that they played sorrows and honey and venom haha! and I really fucking love the new songs, I can't wait for this album! Completely worth the wait in the freezing cold all day!

Really hoping that they come back next year.
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
October 30th, 2010 at 08:15pm
miss california.:

I know the guy you were talking about if he was to the right of the crowd! Me and my sister were seating and you will be happy to know we shouted some not very nice thing at him in an attempt to stop him being a tool Smile
Don't think it worked but we freaked him out at least!

Can't stand everyone who was hating on TA, they're such sweet boys as well Sad
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
October 30th, 2010 at 09:24pm
I loved the way the one guy from TA got out some sort of big violin out and began playing it Smile
FiveByFiveX
Killjoy
FiveByFiveX
October 31st, 2010 at 02:22pm
I was there, T'was amazing. <3
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
November 1st, 2010 at 06:05pm
Me too! I'm a sucker for a string section Razz
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
November 4th, 2010 at 11:24am
punkchick18:
I loved the way the one guy from TA got out some sort of big violin out and began playing it Smile

It was a cello Very Happy

I am not overly familiar with Twin Atlantic but as with any support band I am unfamiliar with, I took advantage of the situation to embrace something new. I was disappointed by all the hate they were getting, because they're actually very talented. I understand that everyone was so excited for MCR and didn't want to wait through a support but seriously, some people's behaviour was appalling. I however, thought they were awesome.