Don't have an account? Create one!

General Q&A

AuthorMessage
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
December 21st, 2010 at 04:27pm
I have a job interview tomorrow for my first job ever. Are there any tips on how I should act, what I should do, etc.? I'm really nervous.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 21st, 2010 at 05:55pm
heartstrings.:
I have a job interview tomorrow for my first job ever. Are there any tips on how I should act, what I should do, etc.? I'm really nervous.
Make sure you're dressed appropriately for where you're interviewed... you don't have to be too dressy but don't show up in jeans, a tank top, and flip flops. If you don't dress nicely, then the person interviewing won't take you seriously. My boss hired this one girl and when she got fired he told me he was wondering how long she would last and he never really took her seriously due to what she showed up in for her interview (the aforementioned outfit).

If you're getting an app at that time, make sure it's filled out neatly. If a resume is involved make sure it's neat as well.

Answer the questions they ask politely, as honestly as possible, and don't ramble too much when answering. Don't show that you're nervous... make eye contact. I would also say to not be afraid to show a little bit of personality, but don't overdo it.

Show up on time, maybe a bit earlier. We also had this one girl show up 10/15 mins late for her interview and my boss wasn't happy. It should be pretty obvious about that though.
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
December 21st, 2010 at 05:56pm
heartstrings.:

i've only been to several interviews myself, but maybe i could offer some helpful advice. the key is to make yourself look good without sounding conceited. depending on what type of job it is, stress how well you'd think you would be at the job. for example, i once had an interview with Best Buy, and i told them about how i'm an avid movie person and music person, and then went into detail about different types of genres i'm interested in, and how i'd be able to help out customers find what they are looking for. the main thing to do is just to focus on your strengths, and show them that you would be a valuable asset to their business. most places also look for someone who is extremely friendly and outgoing, and they also like people who will be team players. so, don't be afraid to talk about how you would be able to work well with others in order to achieve a goal. most businesses like teamwork, and people who are able to interact with others well. if you will be dealing with customers a lot, it might be beneficial to stress the idea that you would be able to handle complaints in an orderly manner. a lot of times, they will give you a scenario and then ask how you would handle it. the best thing to do is just to answer them honestly, and within a timely manner. remember to smile a lot, and just try your best to not get too nervous. i know it's hard, but if you just show them that you have a wonderful personality, and would be a valuable employee to their company, then you have a good shot.

i hope this helps. it's kind of sporadically written, haha.
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
December 26th, 2010 at 01:22pm
fabulous killjoy.:

helena bonham carter:
Thanks so much, you two. I got the job. (:
out of use.
Shotgun Sinner
out of use.
December 27th, 2010 at 01:24pm
Does anyone know if listening to stuff while you sleep actually helps you take it in?
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
December 27th, 2010 at 03:33pm
the pretty reckless.:
Does anyone know if listening to stuff while you sleep actually helps you take it in?
There's no real evidence to back that up. There have been studies that say it doesn't help at all.
out of use.
Shotgun Sinner
out of use.
December 27th, 2010 at 04:06pm
Thank you.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 27th, 2010 at 06:53pm
heartstrings:
Thanks so much, you two. I got the job. (:
you're welcome and congrats! =D
filthy hands.
Shotgun Sinner
filthy hands.
December 31st, 2010 at 07:29am
nevermind :\
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
December 31st, 2010 at 02:04pm
you're not allowed to ask for illegal download links on INO.
filthy hands.
Shotgun Sinner
filthy hands.
December 31st, 2010 at 08:28pm
oh, sorry. i didn't realize that had changed..back when i used to get on here every day i'd see people asking for ipod format stuff all the time...guess the rules on here changed a bit?
Jenny.
Jenny.
January 1st, 2011 at 04:28pm
yeah, INO's likely to get into trouble if it were allowed, so...
filthy hands.
Shotgun Sinner
filthy hands.
January 1st, 2011 at 05:24pm
yeah, i understand...it's cool (:
severus.
Awake and Unafraid
severus.
January 11th, 2011 at 11:04pm
What happened to the What Are You Thinking thread? Sorry, I haven't been around too much the past few weeks. :\
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 12th, 2011 at 03:12am
a town without pity.:
What happened to the What Are You Thinking thread? Sorry, I haven't been around too much the past few weeks. :\

Click.
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
January 12th, 2011 at 12:05pm
Does anyone know if there's an acoustic version of A Little More Us by Stereo Skyline? Other than the one by Christina Grimmie. Or tabs for A Little More Us? I haven't been able to dig any up.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 18th, 2011 at 07:12pm
heartstrings.:
Does anyone know if there's an acoustic version of A Little More Us by Stereo Skyline? Other than the one by Christina Grimmie. Or tabs for A Little More Us? I haven't been able to dig any up.

A Little More Us Acoustic
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
January 19th, 2011 at 03:42pm
I'm going to London in March and I would like to visit Hot Topic, but I have no idea where it is.
Help?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
January 22nd, 2011 at 04:42am
Paint It Black:
I'm going to London in March and I would like to visit Hot Topic, but I have no idea where it is.
Help?

Im pretty sure there is no Hot Topic in London. Sorry.

Your best bet is finding Camden Market and looking around there.
Jenny.
Jenny.
January 22nd, 2011 at 08:16pm
Paint It Black:
Help?

As far as I know there isn't one. There IS a Punkyfish though if it helps?