Don't have an account? Create one!

General Q&A

AuthorMessage
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
January 23rd, 2011 at 08:19am
Oh, right.
Yeah, anything similar to Hot Topic would be OK too I guess.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 24th, 2011 at 11:47am
Would anyone know where I could find shoes like Chibi's in this picture? (she's the girl.)
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 24th, 2011 at 12:27pm
^ Have a look at the shoes here. I've ordered from them loads of times and they're really reliable (and lovely).
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 24th, 2011 at 12:31pm
The Rumor:
^ Have a look at the shoes here. I've ordered from them loads of times and they're really reliable (and lovely).

thank you!
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 24th, 2011 at 01:14pm
^ No problem. :]
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
January 25th, 2011 at 05:16pm
is there a type of makeup that would cover up a tattoo on the neck?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 25th, 2011 at 06:51pm
^ I know there are tattoo cover-ups that you can get. MAC do one that I found (here). If you found a stage make-up type cover up/foundation, that might work too. What's the tattoo like? If it's only small, light or with thin lines then a good-enough normal foundation could work.
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
January 26th, 2011 at 03:08pm
^it's about 1.5" by 1.5" and it's a star. kinda thick lines.
and thank you!
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 26th, 2011 at 06:01pm
^ Yeah, if I were you I'd try going to a good make-up department and just trying various foundations to see how they work. If you can find a place to try something like that MAC stuff, obviously that'd be awesome.

No problem. :]
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
January 27th, 2011 at 12:59am
are there any plans to reopen the wayt or is it just going to stay closed? it's been nearly a month so I'm kind of curious since I was under the impression that it was closed as "damage limitation" to avoid backlash, but this seems longer than would make sense for that, so I'm wondering what the rationale behind keeping it closed is.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 27th, 2011 at 06:39pm
snow at christmas.:
are there any plans to reopen the wayt or is it just going to stay closed? it's been nearly a month so I'm kind of curious since I was under the impression that it was closed as "damage limitation" to avoid backlash, but this seems longer than would make sense for that, so I'm wondering what the rationale behind keeping it closed is.

"When it comes back will be at the discretion of the staff. No pestering them to unlock it, it will be unlocked when we think it's ready.
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
January 28th, 2011 at 01:26am
"wondering about the rationale behind keeping it closed" is not the same thing as "pestering them to unlock it", just saying.
He asked a legitimate question, and if a mod wants to come in here and just say the same thing again, that's fine, but a lot of us are under the impression that it's not going to be unlocked, and we're looking for some answers.
Jenny.
Jenny.
January 28th, 2011 at 12:59pm
colin meloy.:
"wondering about the rationale behind keeping it closed" is not the same thing as "pestering them to unlock it", just saying.
He asked a legitimate question, and if a mod wants to come in here and just say the same thing again, that's fine, but a lot of us are under the impression that it's not going to be unlocked, and we're looking for some answers.

There's no need to be so sharp. I believe we do plan to unlock it in the future.
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
January 28th, 2011 at 02:58pm
I honestly wasn't trying to be ~sharp or whatever, if that's the way it came across.
It's just that a lot of the other people who posted in there and myself have been wondering the same thing, and I didn't want to see Ian's question go unanswered, or rather, just get the same answer we already had.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 28th, 2011 at 03:57pm
It's never been in the plan to permanently lock it at all, and we never thought about doing it like that.

It will be reopened unless shit goes down...
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 28th, 2011 at 10:36pm
Does cracking your knuckles actually make them get bigger?
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
January 30th, 2011 at 12:28am
I don't think so. From what I know, it's just air bubbles, so I don't see why they should. : )
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 30th, 2011 at 06:14am
quiet knees;:
Does cracking your knuckles actually make them get bigger?

"When you "crack" your knuckles, you are actually pushing the joint either back into or out of its normal position. In either case, when you do this, gas(es), primarily nitrogen, is displaced and escapes from the joint space. This displacement of gas causes the characteristic "popping" and "cracking" sound of knuckles, and a few other joints. Not all joint "popping" sounds are caused by escaping gases. In some joints, most notably the hip, the sound is made by ligaments moving over the bone.

On the other hand, escaping gas seems pretty innocuous, right? Wrong. Mom wasn't too far off when she told you that cracking your knuckles would make them big. By cracking your knuckles, what you are doing is pushing the joint beyond its physiological stop sign, or further than its range of motion would normally allow for. This puts undue stress on the ligaments and tendons that hold the joint together and in place. Ligaments behave a little like rubber bands---you can pull and stretch them a lot; but, eventually they won't return to their original shape and length.

After years of pushing your joint past its normal range of motion, it may become "hypermobile." If the joint is very mobile (as in the hand), the joint surfaces might wear out. If this happens, the body responds by laying down more bone. Although this sounds like the body healing itself, in reality, matters are made worse. Usually, the bone is not laid down smoothly and the joint surfaces become rough. Worst case scenario - spurring or sharp spots will develop in the bone of the joint in question. Eventually, you may have rough surfaces moving against each other, to which the body might respond by swelling, increasing the amount of fluid and blood in the area. Talk about unpleasant friction! In the end, you could have a joint ("arthro"Wink that is inflamed ("-itis"Wink.

Of course, little research has been carried out in this area, so it's difficult to say with a high degree of certainty that knuckle and other joint cracking will lead to arthritis or other joint diseases. But it's fairly safe to say that repeatedly pushing a joint beyond its normal physical range is not a good thing to do. And years down the road, you could possibly end up with big problems, not just big knuckles like mom said! "

Clicky.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 30th, 2011 at 09:50am
Thanks to both of you.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 30th, 2011 at 08:05pm
If you take a screencap of a picture on flickr to make an avatar out of it, is it considered copyright infringement or anything like that?