March 17th, 2011 at 03:55pm
how would i open a .rar file?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 18th, 2011 at 12:42pm
aj mclean.:
how would i open a .rar file?
winrar

says you need to pay when you install it after 30 days, I think... but ignore it because you really don't
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
March 20th, 2011 at 03:43am
^thank you!
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 4th, 2011 at 01:55pm
I doubt I'll get an answer, but whatever. This is the question:

Oil based clays and water based clays have many things in common. Name them. How might it be possible to combine modeling clay and ceramic clay into one form?
someone you're not.
Salute You in Your Grave
someone you're not.
April 9th, 2011 at 10:44pm
my mom and i are looking for an all-inclusive vacation spot down south.
any good places to go (specific if possible)? but not dominican please.
she is thinking turks and caicos but i wanted to see if anyone else had any other suggestions!
thanks in advance.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 2nd, 2011 at 12:21am
so, I've come back to ask once more about the WAYT.
I've now found out this.
so I just want an answer.

why did you lie to us?

I was on INO for so many years, and would have liked to have it remain so, and I'm extremely displeased that the staff site has turned so nasty and dishonest because I've even sympathized with the mods and admins in many situations regarding my friends and their actions but this is the limit.

I don't understand why you didn't bother to even give us an honest answer about your plans for the WAYT, and I instead find out from my friends who bother to check the other threads every once in a while. and I find it extremely disturbing that an administrator is openly prejudiced against a certain group of users.

I never was banned, but apparently I've been kicked out anyway, under the guise of "preventing more bannings". I just wish I'd been told months ago that I was unwelcome because it would have saved me time.

it's a damn shame it had to go like this, and I figure I'll be demonized and insulted for posting this farewell, but I hope I'll at least get an answer.

why were we not told.
why weren't you open with us?
as staff, why were you so petty as to keep us in the dark and insult us after we'd left the board?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 2nd, 2011 at 02:46am
Ok Ian, let's weigh this up.

You personally were never involved in the problems that thread brought. You have always been friendly, polite and helpful.

However, I regularly had to come on this site and read insults and downright rude personal comments about me and the other members of staff from the wayt. These have range from calling us dictators (for applying the rules) being told to fuck off, being called pathetic, ugly, a bitch, etc and even being told I was a bad parent and that they felt sorry for my daughter having me as a mother. Apparently by coming on here in the evenings (when she was asleep) I was neglecting her. There have been vile commets made about me on twitter and tumblr (other uses show us these things) and why? Because Ive asked people to be polite or to stop spamming or whatever. I have never resorted to public insults on the site - there is nothing I said in the band wayt that wasnt the truth. The other staff have been given similar insults - the only person who used to escape this abuse was Steff. We had more complaints over the wayt than any other thread, users were made to feel unwelcome there and were often scared and intimidated by the regulars.

This has gone on for over 2 years.

To be fair all we do is run the site. When I give up my spare time to keep this place running the last thing I need to feel is unwelcome. I'm sure I'm speaking for the other staff too.

When I closed the thread it was intended to be temporary. I had every intention of reopening it but as time has gone on there has been a much friendlier, more welcome feeling on the site. Those users of the wayt who have remained have found new friends inthe noobs/band wayt and have been welcomed.

Like I said at the start this was never an issue with you. You were always friendly and approachable.

Sadly, you were the minority.
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
May 2nd, 2011 at 07:19am
I agree with what Lulah has said 100%. While we appreciate that you are unhappy with the decision not to bring the thread back it was not a decision that was made with the intention of making a few people unhappy and to be honest it is a decision that only effects a handful of people since the majority of people who posted in chamber wayt who weren't banned left after it was locked anyway. It was not a decision that was made months ago and you were kept hanging on waiting for a thread that was never going to come back - the decision is a very recent one.

No-one is kicking you out of INO, there are many other threads for you to post in, just because the chamber doesn't have a wayt anymore doesn't mean that you have to leave INO - though it seems from the last line of your post that you had already left INO before this decision was made.
alaska 5000
Tragic With a Capital T
alaska 5000
May 2nd, 2011 at 04:03pm
why is it that the band/noobs lot can have a wayt, but the chamber can't? i don't feel welcome - or rather, i feel out of place - in the band wayt, and noob wayt is so slow that i'm gone by the time anyone's replied. (i suppose that could/would happen with a new chamber wayt, but that's not my point)

there are many other threads for you to post in
trivial threads, conversational threads that people don't reply to much (general media etc), art threads. not another social one that's comfortable like chamber wayt. i don't feel there's anywhere i can converse about anything, or simply write the way i'm feeling. only chamber wayt let me do that - write down my stressors, talk about my day, ask a trivial question, write down something that's bugging me.

because there's not a chamber wayt, we don't have that. that's why a lot of people left. you say we didn't have to leave, and no, we didn't. but what was the point of staying when there was nothing for us? when we went to the band wayt, or the noob wayt, they told us to piss off (not in those words, but to the effect of them) and complained about us. everyone wanted us gone.

and again, you saying we didn't have to leave. no-one's kicking you out of INO.
then you go and say, behind all of our backs, that we are mean and it's better without us. you're obviously pleased that we're gone. you cannot expect to not be told to fuck off.
When I give up my spare time to keep this place running the last thing I need to feel is unwelcome.
we deserve to feel welcome as well. the admins/mods don't deserve special treatment, so to speak, if standard users don't get the same.

the people who say something about this, "it wasn't your fault". then what's your problem? if it's a handful of people who are being shite, then you deal with those people and let the ones who are 'innocent' get the thread back. i believe you've dealt with the shites (they are shites for the sake of this because i don't know what to call them) by banning them, so what's stopping you from remaking the thread?

i know i'm wasting my time, and i'm fighting a losing battle, but for god's sake, you try to excuse yourself on problems you could solve really quite easily and may i say effectively.

at least, if you're not going to bring the thread back, treat us as equals. which would probably work by bringing back the thread but still
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
May 2nd, 2011 at 05:10pm
Rachel, why do you feel out of place in the band wayt? From what you are saying it doesn't seem like it was the actual thread you felt comfortable posting in, it was the people in the thread that you were comfortable with. Seeing as most of the regular chamber wayt posters either got themselves banned or have left, I have no idea why there is such annoyance that a thread is not coming back. There is nothing stopping you posting any of the things you mentioned in your post in any of the wayts that there are now, other than of course you not wanting to.

I find it ironic that a chamber wayt regular is complaining about being made to feel unwelcome in a thread. There is a difference between going to other threads to join in with the conversation and going into a thread with the intention to mock the users in it - go into band wayt or noob wayt and join in the conversation, i think you'll find the people in the threads will treat you the same as the other people in the thread.

Staff don't expect special treatment, just to be respected if as staff one of us posts a warning about breaking the rules etc - otherwise we are the same as everyone else, but doing a job at the same time as being INO members - I think a lot of people forget that we're people as well as mods/admins!
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 2nd, 2011 at 05:19pm
As I said to Ian, sadly Rachel you were kind of caught the crossfire of others in the thread. I dont want to keep going over and over this and I am truly sorry that you feel that you dont have a "home" here on INO. I would urge you to try and talk to people on the band/noobs wayt and see if you could find a way of fitting in there. I have always found them to be welcoming and friendly.

The reason those threads have remained is simple, they havent caused major trouble for the site. I'll be totally honest, I am pleased that the thread has gone. Every time I logged in there was some issue to do with the users who regularly used that thread. Either people were falling out, they were bullying others or there had been big rows - some users even used to laugh at users who supported MCR or wrote about them - this is an MCR fansite for goodness sake!? Without that thread the stress here has dramatically reduced.

The thread will not be returning.
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
May 2nd, 2011 at 06:07pm
Not sure if anyone will know the answer but its worth a shot, I have uploaded a video on to Youtube which features clips from The Office(US) and so therefore Youtube is not letting my clip be shown in certain countries due to copyright laws of NBC. I was wondering if there was any way to get past this because I can see plently other fan made videos of The Office on Youtube. Any answers would be useful. Thanks Smile
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
May 3rd, 2011 at 01:26am
exterminate.:
Not sure if anyone will know the answer but its worth a shot, I have uploaded a video on to Youtube which features clips from The Office(US) and so therefore Youtube is not letting my clip be shown in certain countries due to copyright laws of NBC. I was wondering if there was any way to get past this because I can see plently other fan made videos of The Office on Youtube. Any answers would be useful. Thanks Smile
idk if this is allowed to be posted.
but i'll go ahead.
you can always try doing a mirror image type thing of it.
as in, take the video and make it seem like it's a reflection of it.
i know that's how i've seen some of the copyrighted Glee videos being posted.

and I'm not trying to butt in with the Mods/Admins things above.
but i used to be a regular in the chamber wayt up until it was locked.
i ended up moving into the band wayt and yes, at first it was kinda uncomfortable, but after awhile, i got used to it.
and now all of the regular band wayt posters are some of my really good friends.
in a way, i am glad the chamber wayt got locked, otherwise, i wouldn't have met them and realized how amazing they are.
just adding my two cents in there. :]
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 3rd, 2011 at 02:17am
i'm not sure if this is a question worth answering, but it's been a real head-scratcher for me. Does anyone know any way in which I can put a file over 4GB into a FAT32 HDD without splitting it? I have a .bin file that, if i split it, does not seem to work. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks <3
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
May 3rd, 2011 at 02:50pm
aj mclean.:
idk if this is allowed to be posted.
but i'll go ahead.
you can always try doing a mirror image type thing of it.
as in, take the video and make it seem like it's a reflection of it.
i know that's how i've seen some of the copyrighted Glee videos being posted.

thank you for replying. i've seen people do that too. maybe i'll try it. thanks again!

~sorry if it was bad to ask! :/
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
May 4th, 2011 at 05:30pm
Where would we post questions about the new INO layout?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 4th, 2011 at 05:40pm
in the suggestions and feedback section - questions for moderators - or you can pm me directly. Smile
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
May 5th, 2011 at 04:30pm
Im 18 and I just passed my driving test, sadly insurance is sky high, but i was wondering if anyone has found any insurance companies who offered them cheaper quotes for someone my age?
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 5th, 2011 at 06:29pm
John St. John:
Im 18 and I just passed my driving test, sadly insurance is sky high, but i was wondering if anyone has found any insurance companies who offered them cheaper quotes for someone my age?
I heard that Aviva is the best deal for new drivers. I'm not sure, because I don't drive yet, but most of my friends do and they said Aviva is the cheapest.
Doodles
Demolition Lover
Doodles
May 5th, 2011 at 08:27pm
John St. John:
I'm with Elephant and that works out pretty cheap for me. I passed my test last month and it's just under £1000 for a year, which isn't bad for a new driver.
I just tried price comparison sites and things, but that worked out the cheapest. Your insurance will also depend on the car and stuff so yeah, hope that helps.