Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

AuthorMessage
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
January 7th, 2011 at 06:37am
fabulous killjoy.:
Evil_Alice:
Posting copyrighted files is illegal and against site rules. I edited the link out of your post linking to downloads of TMG&MKK. Thanks!

- Lycia

Whoopsie, lol, guess I should have realised that. Sorry! Embarassed
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
January 7th, 2011 at 12:21pm
StillNoUsername:
I loved Danger Days, to me it felt personal and well more real. Their past albums were so dark and it was a great change. I love that they are happier now and they put all of that into Danger Days.
I loved the whole idea of a corporation and well trying to survive. That's something we don't see these days. As an artist, I think Gerard's idea as a whole was genius.
It has a comic feeling yet it's music. The songs stay true to who they are. As for sing, I think the lyrics are simple, but they mean a lot more than they mean. It's about creating something, doing things that others don't want you to do and proving them wrong. Create something beautiful, so beautiful enough to destroy it, basically what
the single artwork had. I thought Vampire money was just hilarious, it's so true
that everyone is wanting all these vampires and that's the new thing. I think that MCR just wanted to share their views on it. How times have change, it's a very modern album. I like that.

As for them playing live, sure sometimes they just stand there, but they have
been touring a lot. They do interviews and shows, I wouldn't be surprised. They
sometimes seem exhausted, but they do it anyway because they love their fans.
I've been to two shows, and they seemed full of energy to me. They are great live, if anything, sometimes it's the fans that are dead. That aren't too into it, but of course, sometimes it is to rock hard on songs that are like ballads, the quiet songs. When Na Na Na comes on, everyone goes crazy. It's a fast-beat song that gets everyone going.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 7th, 2011 at 04:12pm
AdrenalineRevolver:
Ah, thanks. That helps a lot. So when the song makes scarecrow seem like a boogey man, they really mean the company, not a single character.

Yeah, S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W is the name of the police department in Danger Days' world.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 8th, 2011 at 02:17am
And now ladies and gents, another idiot question from the newbiest newb.

I've heard bits about fans making and submitting their own killjoy videos somewhere that might be included in future transmissions. I have no idea how to find out if this is 1) true, 2) still ongoing, or 3) ever really happened

If it's true and ongoing, I want to do it. If it's over, are there links to the vids?
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
January 8th, 2011 at 02:52am
AdrenalineRevolver:
And now ladies and gents, another idiot question from the newbiest newb.

I've heard bits about fans making and submitting their own killjoy videos somewhere that might be included in future transmissions. I have no idea how to find out if this is 1) true, 2) still ongoing, or 3) ever really happened

If it's true and ongoing, I want to do it. If it's over, are there links to the vids?

It's true and they've added several to the transmissions over the last months. You can find them in the transmission page, on the WKIL 'channel' (click on that channel's dial over and over to browse through videos -not all videos there are fan made of course).

You can submit your video here: http://www.mychemicalromance.com/transmissions/form.php
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
January 8th, 2011 at 05:58pm
^ wow, that's pretty awesome! Oh damn now I want to make a video...good thing I know so many film students...
paradox;
Demolition Lover
paradox;
January 9th, 2011 at 03:45pm
some of the videos were also added to the Dr. DD radio transmission video that they put on their youtube a few days before the album was officially released Very Happy
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
January 17th, 2011 at 09:47pm
so, this may seem somewhat...random.
but, from one of frank's tweets today he had a picture of himself, and he has cut his hair.

here's something from the wayt about what it could mean in terms of the next video:

dull shrubs:
Chemical Catastrophe:
So... if Frank cut his hair does that mean that the third video has been filmed... or that he isn't going to be in it... or that Fun Ghoul got a haircut as well...
or they all cut their hair short and in the third video BLI has kidnapped them and cut all their hair off and turned them into short-haired zombies Shocked
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
January 17th, 2011 at 10:14pm
I told a friend the same "Doesn't that ruin the videos continuity?", and also thought "maybe BL/ind cut all the guys' hair!" too...

Or...he'll just get a wig for the video. xD Or...it'll be a long while until they record that video (since Gerard said there will be a non-story-related one first). Frank's hair always grows very fast.
MCR!
Motor Baby
MCR!
January 18th, 2011 at 11:11am
..And if they were going to take a pause on the story and do another video (that's not a part of the "story" ) for the next single, maybe it'll take awhile for them to do the 3rd video and his hair will grow back out until then. ^^

But they don't even know themselves what they are going to do next.
em's lil baby girl
Banned
em's lil baby girl
January 18th, 2011 at 03:29pm
I love this album, it's definitely their best yet. Anyone else agree with me?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 18th, 2011 at 03:42pm
Jellyboat:
I love this album, it's definitely their best yet. Anyone else agree with me?
Instrumentally, maybe? But for me, no.
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
January 18th, 2011 at 03:57pm
It's hard for me to answer that. See, my favorite is still Three Cheers. Then, even though it's my least favorite because of personal music-taste, I think TBP is their best musically. The new one is pretty good if we talk about experimentation, but for moments I feel like it could have had a little more guitars, for example. It was great that they tried some new stuff, but I personally love to hear them play their instruments and for moments all the electronic stuff muffles it.

So...not sure anyone can say which album is their best as a sure thing, 'cause it depends on what every person likes, what every person was expecting or wanting to hear from them. I love the album, I enjoy it more than I did TBP but not as much as I enjoy Three Cheers. It's kind of a tie with Bullets, though they're completely different from each other. But this is only what I feel about the albums, I guess I'm no one to say which one is actually their best. Maybe other professional musicians could...but still, personal taste would maybe influence them too.
em's lil baby girl
Banned
em's lil baby girl
January 18th, 2011 at 04:50pm
OK. I still think it's the best.
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
January 18th, 2011 at 08:56pm
ignore~
M.I.
Killjoy
M.I.
January 18th, 2011 at 11:16pm
I wish they would stop playing Sing live. Gerard always sounds horrible on that song. They keep playing my least favorite songs from the album. Save yourself would be great live. Party Poison too. I do think Gerard needs vocal training. He hasn't improved in years. It's kinda sad.
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
January 18th, 2011 at 11:19pm
I also don't like how SING sounds live. I don't like the backup singers, and I don't like how strained Gerard's voice sounds at the beginning, or during the chorus.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 18th, 2011 at 11:22pm
Agreed. Though to be honest, I'd be happy if they just played ANYTHING around here. It's all Top 40 and country.

@ Jellyboat: I agree. It's my favorite album so far.
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
January 19th, 2011 at 12:43am
Back when he was drunk and sang live, he was terrible.
He has improved greatly actually.~
As for the backup singers in sing, I love them, I think it adds more to the song Sing.
I'm sure they will get around to playing other songs, but of course, it's their playlist.
They get to choose what songs they want to play. Not to mention that they will play
more songs that they took as singles.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 19th, 2011 at 12:49am
idg why they'd play something else on national television when they need to advertise the current single, which is Sing. When have bands actually gone on late night TV without playing their single. It would be silly of them not to...

Sing will probably remain as a live song for a while, as I said it is one of the Danger Days single. Like it or not, it's gonna be here for a bit.