Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

AuthorMessage
M.I.
Killjoy
M.I.
January 22nd, 2011 at 03:24pm
fabulous killjoy.:
M.I.:
It was foolish of me to bring their faults up on an MCR forum lol..... I guess most of their fans will hail anything they do as golden and that's probably part of the problem.
Most of the people who responded to you, I'm sure, do not feel like the band shits rainbows and unicorns. You came on an MCR forum publicly speaking your opinion and everyone else who frequents this forum spoke theirs. What more did you want people to do, agree with you? idgi. Nobody attacked you, just said what they thought about his voice.

Lol I don't feel attacked. It's just reminiscent of youtube comments on their videos/songs. Varied opinions are best to me. Some things just aren't that subjective in my eyes. Eh. I thought I was just having a healthy debate. Not trying to change anybody's opinion. Just trying to present mine in a way which it can be understood.
M.I.
Killjoy
M.I.
January 22nd, 2011 at 03:28pm
Party_Chemicals:
I hear burns too, but people have heard different. One girl wrote the lyrics down on a lyrics website as: Hey bitch, my skin!

So your guess isn't the worst XD

Lmaooooo. I just hear a distinct "ch" sound at the end of the word. Ah gotta love his obscure delivery lol.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 22nd, 2011 at 10:37pm
I hear "heat burns" instead of "he burns"
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
January 22nd, 2011 at 10:37pm
it says "he burns" in the lyric booklet

but then again, the lyrics for "summertime" are wrong in the booklet.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 22nd, 2011 at 11:20pm
they had a few typos in the lyric booklet, I think. >.<
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 23rd, 2011 at 02:07am
They had to have, because no matter how many times I listen to Bulletproof Heart, I can never hear "too much talking with a laser beam." I only ever hear "do our talking"
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
January 23rd, 2011 at 07:12am
i wonder who proof read the booklet.
whoever it was did not do a very good job.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 23rd, 2011 at 09:56am
Royal.Boom:
I hear "heat burns" instead of "he burns"

I've always heard "he burns"
besides i like "he burns" better cause the other one is like... well, duh
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
January 23rd, 2011 at 02:12pm
Has anyone else noticed that BL/ind is possibly Bandit Lee industries?

Maybe i'm slow, but I just figured that out.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 23rd, 2011 at 02:16pm
Michael Way.:

Better Living Industries.
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
January 23rd, 2011 at 03:07pm
Royal.Boom:
They had to have, because no matter how many times I listen to Bulletproof Heart, I can never hear "too much talking with a laser beam." I only ever hear "do our talking"

Even worse, in the booklet it says "too much talking with a laser BLADE"!" xD In an interview, Gerard mentioned that part of the lyrics (and that's what I think can be heard) as "I do my talking with a laser beam".
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 23rd, 2011 at 06:20pm
Yekith:
Royal.Boom:

Even worse, in the booklet it says "too much talking with a laser BLADE"!" xD In an interview, Gerard mentioned that part of the lyrics (and that's what I think can be heard) as "I do my talking with a laser beam".

Perhaps they messed up the booklet on purpose, just to screw with us.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 23rd, 2011 at 07:39pm
^ I think that quite often, booklets are put together from the lyricists notes/written lyrics and they can sometimes differ if the lyrics are changed during recording. I remember this happening before (I think with Green Day, not sure).
M.I.
Killjoy
M.I.
January 24th, 2011 at 10:04pm
I'm just now understanding Zero Percent's greatness. Lyrics & energy of that caliber would have made the album 10 times better. We Don't Need Another Song About California sounds like something from bullets, vocally. It's surprisingly raw. The verses and chorus kinda sound like they clash though. Save Yourself, Bulletproof Heart and those two songs have to be my favorite from the new MCR songs.
paradox;
Demolition Lover
paradox;
January 25th, 2011 at 02:19pm
So, I posted this in the Band WAYT just to make sure I didn't sound like an idiot, so I figured I'd post it here ~

i was listening to DESTROYA the other day, and was thinking about the part near the end where it breaks off into two different versions of Gerard singing (one for each headphone)

one side is the same as the chorus, but the other side is very...pessimistic? I dunno if that's the right word but it's like "you don't believe in god, you don't believe in luck, i don't believe in you, i just believe in the enemy"

so maybe, if they were to use this for their 4th video (after the supposed break from the storyline for the 3rd video), it would be like BL/ind didn't kill them but was trying to brainwash them and they were resisting (which would explain the conflicting lines before the last chorus)

plausible?
M.I.
Killjoy
M.I.
January 25th, 2011 at 02:47pm
Replace "you" with "I" and that's what he said. Doesn't make much sense that THAT would be a bl/ind brainwashing. Doesn't really have anything to do with conforming. Just an interesting juxtaposition/paradox. But it's always plausible since they're making it all up as they go.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
January 27th, 2011 at 09:26pm
fabulous killjoy.:
Michael Way.:

Better Living Industries.

Yes... But... I just, I just think maybe it could be both? Becuase that would be cute.
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
January 27th, 2011 at 09:42pm
theory: frank, and gerard cut their hair for the new video

yes? no?
how does that affects the plot?

are we 9999% sure the next video is away from the storyline?
maybe it doesnt follow them after they all get killed.
maybe the new video is about the killjoys back in the mysterious past they have with korse.

maybe when they were good friends with korse, they had shorter hair, but then they became enemies and they grew their hair out to piss him off.

anyway.
discuss.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 28th, 2011 at 07:57am
Michael Way.:
Yes... But... I just, I just think maybe it could be both? Becuase that would be cute.

I doubt it. It'd be kind of weird if they only did something for Gerard's baby and nothing for Frank's twins (despite their names written on the Farewell mailbox).
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 28th, 2011 at 11:15am
I would like to agree with you, Bradny, and also add that it's a very well known fact Gerard likes to keep his personal life and family out of the band and career, besides when writing songs... which is perfectly acceptable due to the emotion, as that's how songs should be written.