Don't have an account? Create one!

Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 9th, 2011 at 09:39pm
SING was featured at the end of American Idol tonight. I think once it hits Glee it's gonna get a bit bigger....
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
February 10th, 2011 at 09:43pm
so, ideas about the planetary video

i'm thinking it'll be a mad gear and missle kid version of desolation row

like, they're playing a huge show as TMGMK and its all crazy and wild and out in the desert with lots of colors and stuff
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 11th, 2011 at 03:56pm
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
February 11th, 2011 at 03:58pm
I think they did a good job. it's not my favorite kind of music, but they kept the spirit of the song, and they are talent.

people are going to like this. a lot.
The Fab Four
Always Born a Crime
The Fab Four
February 11th, 2011 at 04:06pm
It's weird because I really hate Sing, it's my least favourite song on the album but I like this a lot more.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
February 12th, 2011 at 01:30am
wow. that's a LOT better than i imagined it would be.
i like how thier voices are much smoother than gerard's...though they're autotuned to death, and it sounds so strange coming from someone else's mouth, i guess it's just because it's them (mcr) and so that's who i'm expecting to hear, who i want to hear i guess, haha.
but yeah. they did a pretty good job i must say. and i'm not a fan of glee, whatsoever.
BornToQuit
Joining The Black Parade
BornToQuit
February 12th, 2011 at 06:27am
I really don't like this version of Sing... I didn't expect to (not a Glee fan) but really? The guitar and the voices are so whiney and autotuned to shit...

There was an interview with Gerard on T4 a few minutes ago, only saw half but it was good, talked about the NMEs and got Gerard red as HELL when they talked about Valentines day. Anyone know where I can watch the whole thing?
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
February 13th, 2011 at 03:37pm
Ok, I was saying before how I wasn't sure that Gerard had the voice to pull off Sing, but I take it back, last night he absolutely nailed it.

ANd I love that Glee version. But I love Glee!
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
February 13th, 2011 at 09:16pm
So, in the recent AP, Gerard says "you'll see in the future that the killjoys are NOT good people"

this is what i've been saying since the day the art is the weapon trailer came out. that the video is a snapshot of the rebellious attitude, and the band doesn't necessarily conform to it.
and in the kerrang! issue, gerard said that they're going to do the opposite of what people what (granted, he WAS talking about Frerard...), and that seemed pretty obvious as a bunch of people on the comments of Art is the Weapon were saying that it's stupid, it's promoting drug use and all that shit.

BUT THATS JUST IT.
i feel like i've had an epiphany, but it's really just that i love the fact that what i've figured out since the day the trailer was released is 100% true.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
February 14th, 2011 at 04:32pm
The boys performed a live session with XFM radio in London last week, and you can see some of the photos from the performance here .

There will also be a video up on the site soon of the band performing, so keep checking back!
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
February 14th, 2011 at 08:11pm
It won't be a video but audio it seems, sadly! (that's what they have up for previous sessions) Anyway, they broadcasted the session earlier today on the radio and I recorded it: http://www.mediafire.com/?1nvh9v3myqjdm6n

Like with the AOL sessions, it's all songs from the new album.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
February 14th, 2011 at 08:41pm
Really? Because the presenter during the show said that there'd be a video on the website, didn't he?
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
February 14th, 2011 at 10:54pm
Party_Chemicals:
Really? Because the presenter during the show said that there'd be a video on the website, didn't he?

Oh, not sure about that 'cause I couldn't understand the guy very well (I'm pretty bad with British English). Razz All I know is that in MCR's twitter they only talked about it being broadcasted today, and I checked the radio's site and they just have audios from previous sessions. *Shrugs* It'd be great if they posted video of at least one song, but I wont get my hopes up.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
February 15th, 2011 at 03:41pm
Huh. I actually really like the Glee version. Hope it goes viral!
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 16th, 2011 at 12:54am
Mhmm, I think I'm one of the only ones who actually likes the Glee version. I was grinning like an idiot when I watched that episode tonight.
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
February 16th, 2011 at 08:51am
I just watched the Glee version and I thought that in the context of the episode, it was brilliant - the whole episode is about how music saves people and inspires them to be something better. Quite literally, music saves Sue's life, albeit in a silly, Glee kind of way. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the excessive auto-tune but they managed to convey the spirit of the song and thematically do justice to the band. I too, was grinning like an idiot while watching it.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
February 16th, 2011 at 09:51pm
Although the deathly amounts of plaid were not necessary...
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 16th, 2011 at 11:51pm
I do agree, I have no idea why they had so much plaid.
Draco Malfoy.
Motor Baby
Draco Malfoy.
February 18th, 2011 at 03:44pm
I'm happy about it, and I'm glad they're reaching out to a wider audience. They've never really been biast in any way, at all. I mean, they are one band that is soley about the message they can bring across, and what they can do for the people that love them the most. I can't stand to see people think that they're selling out. They're not, in any way. It's for the listeners, not for what they can make off of it. They have the best hearts and seem like some of the most genuine people out there. I'll always love and support them.
~slightly rambly and badly worded, but it's what I do best Very Happy
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 18th, 2011 at 04:56pm
I don't think there's any such thing as a "sell out," and if there is My Chemical Romance is not anywhere close to being a sell out. So having your music on popular shows is being a sell out? If they were sell outs, they wouldn't give a shit about the kids who listen to their music, and only care about the money. And I can not think of one time where they did something just for the money.