Don't have an account? Create one!

Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

AuthorMessage
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
March 4th, 2011 at 09:54am
^ Really? Seems like the other way around to me...
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
March 5th, 2011 at 09:44am
I spent quite a couple of hours trying to find what the symbols on the bad luck bracelet mean (the one in the box set). It was kinda hard because I didn't even know what language they were but it all points to Chinese. I used this website to write the characters and translate them and double checked with Google translate. This is how far I've gotten (not every character could be recognized):

辛钅竟 ... ? actually or 碎钅竟 ... actually broken
黑扌苗 ... Black Rolling Miao
十三 ... thirteen

I'm not sure what anything means but I'm sure some people, like me, were curious. Also, on the symbols 十三, they're used on Mcr's website for the Tour section. I have no idea what the number thirteen has to do with...anything, really but they're the only ones I'm sure were recognized properly xD

Feel free to try it yourself and double check and stuff. I'll try to post a photo of the bracelet for those of you who don't have it.
Ampersand
Killjoy
Ampersand
March 5th, 2011 at 06:05pm
黑猫 is "black cat". I can't remember the first one off the top of my head, but the second and third characters you've translated should be all one character. I'll see if I can figure out "actually broken" and get back to you. Smile

ETA: 辛镜 is supposed to be "broken mirror" or "breaking mirrors", I think... I've never seen 辛 used that way, but I'm no expert, and it seems to fit with the theme of bad luck.
RiotRaze
Killjoy
RiotRaze
March 6th, 2011 at 02:51am
You know, I have to wonder if the appearance and disappearance of the red makeup on Party Poison's neck in Na Na Na has any significance... Some part of me is starting to think the video might just be non-linear, with SING stuck in the middle somewhere.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
March 6th, 2011 at 02:52am
So, they're literally bad luck beads. Broken mirrors, black cats, thirteen...I bet you'll find stuff about ladders and salt and stepping on cracks too.

At above post: I started to reply that you couldn't be right, because Grace is with them in NaNa and they go save her in Sing.....but you could totally be right. O_O
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
March 6th, 2011 at 03:30am
Ampersand:
黑猫 is "black cat". I can't remember the first one off the top of my head, but the second and third characters you've translated should be all one character. I'll see if I can figure out "actually broken" and get back to you. Smile

ETA: 辛镜 is supposed to be "broken mirror" or "breaking mirrors", I think... I've never seen 辛 used that way, but I'm no expert, and it seems to fit with the theme of bad luck.
Royal.Boom:
So, they're literally bad luck beads. Broken mirrors, black cats, thirteen...I bet you'll find stuff about ladders and salt and stepping on cracks too.
Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't see that! Haha, wow, this makes more sense.
Thank you, Ampersand! :]

Here are the bits of the characters of the bracelet for those who have no idea what we're on about:
Broken mirrors See, it has this other character in the front but I couldn't find it... Maybe that makes more sense now?
Thirteen
Black cat
Ampersand
Killjoy
Ampersand
March 6th, 2011 at 09:36am
No worries, A World Unseen. I've got the mirrors one: 碎镜 is "broken mirror(s)"/"breaking mirrors". Mystery solved!
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
March 9th, 2011 at 04:45pm
@DrDeathDefying - Open up some Power Pup, and lay back on your Thunderdome. Here's the smoother side of the apocalypse http://youtu.be/x8W4DEMUSeM

@DrDeathDefying - Pony is shiny. Overloaded since Battery City. Our bundle of killjoy has been keeping us on our toes. http://youtu.be/LHXeo57xj3k

So, they're obviously gearing up for the new video release.

And Dr. DD and show pony are gay.
BornToQuit
Joining The Black Parade
BornToQuit
March 9th, 2011 at 05:10pm
Gotta love their music choice XD
New theory: Dr.DD and Show Pony has Grace as their adopted child.... Maybe thats a little far off but hey, who knows ~

Glad to see we're still getting tweets.
Also in tomorrows K! theres a behind the scenes on the video
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
March 9th, 2011 at 11:30pm
BornToQuit:
Gotta love their music choice XD
New theory: Dr.DD and Show Pony has Grace as their adopted child.... Maybe thats a little far off but hey, who knows ~

That's what I thought when I read that! "Ok, they seem to be confirming the theory that they're together and...is Grace their adopted kid?"
BornToQuit
Joining The Black Parade
BornToQuit
March 10th, 2011 at 04:36pm
http://www.mychemicalromance.com/blog/mcr/sing-director%E2%80%99s-cut

Sing - Directors Cut.
I'm not gonna spoil the suprise.

If there is one. I aint finished watching yet ~
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
March 10th, 2011 at 05:18pm
YAAAAAY I loved it!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 10th, 2011 at 05:24pm
There's not really any surprises, just a few added scenes~
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
March 10th, 2011 at 10:41pm
I think what this version shows better is how stunned Party Poison is left after unmasking the drac (which got him caught). And I loved being able to hear the sound effects!
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
March 10th, 2011 at 10:42pm
Yekith:
I think what this version shows better is how stunned Party Poison is left after unmasking the drac (which got him caught). And I loved being able to hear the sound effects!
i think that is the most important moment in the entire video, and i'm glad they accentuated it this time.

and i love grace's screams.
i mean, they're terrible, but it adds so much.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
March 11th, 2011 at 03:39am
fabulous killjoy.:
There's not really any surprises, just a few added scenes~

Lycia you're alive! ~~~

Korse will be happy with the added voice over and body bag scene. I agree though, it was pretty fantastic with the sound effects and everything. I think I said a while ago it would be cool if they did that....BL/IND is watching.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 14th, 2011 at 03:38pm
"Gerard told MTV Spain that there is not going to be an continuation for Sing, even though there will be another video (besides Planetary)."

Does anyone have a link to the video? (i guess the quote is from the interview they did in valencia the other day)

Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
March 14th, 2011 at 03:52pm
If there is no continuation for Sing... they could still fill in more of the story from before though couldn't they?
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
March 14th, 2011 at 10:49pm
Paint It Black:
"Gerard told MTV Spain that there is not going to be an continuation for Sing, even though there will be another video (besides Planetary)."

Does anyone have a link to the video? (i guess the quote is from the interview they did in valencia the other day)

It was a very short, written interview in Spanish (it said nothing interesting besides that), I read it and I can understand how some people would interpret it wrong. I'll paste here what I said on Tumblr:

I think that’s not what he said. I read the interview (Spanish is my language) and something was lost in translation. From Gerard’s answer, it seemed to me he was asked (or at least that’s what he understood) if this next video/single was the continuation to SING (even if the question came out more like “will there be a continuation for SING?). Gerard answered: “No, not for the moment, we’ll have a third video (he said we WILL, not might, like a sure thing) but we don’t know how it’ll be”. Now, people, think. 3rd video. Planetary will be the third video, but if he said “we don’t know how it’ll be” he’s not talking about it. IF he was talking about a random video after Planetary he’d say 4th. So, conclusion, he’s referring to the 3rd video of the Killjoys saga.

So, he meant not for the moment because they still have to decide what to do for it. Smile
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 15th, 2011 at 08:57am
ohhhh right. because i read the written interview and i didn't interpret it the way some fans did. that explains why i thought there was a video of them saying that. thanks (: