Than be in purgatory
Cut my hair, gag and bore me
Pull this pin
Let this world explode
Chemical Catastrophe
Awake and Unafraid
Chemical Catastrophe
November 28th, 2010 at 08:39am
I think this song is just about pushing against the people who would try to shut you down. It's about rebelling and showing them what you've got because you have nothing to lose. The way I understand it, people shouldn't be afraid to die. They should try to change everything they can so that they can be remembered.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
November 29th, 2010 at 02:16pm
It's about saying NA 7000 times.
The Aftermath
Killjoy
The Aftermath
November 30th, 2010 at 10:15pm
I think this song gives us the best picture of the sad man (Scarecrow, I guess), and for that, it might be one of my favorites. You run the company & fuck like a Kennedy might be my favorite character exposition ever.

Also, having both a direct and indirect reference to Batman in the same song (because the bridge with the sky opening up is, in and of itself, a Batman reference, right?) is entirely justified.

Mostly, this song is what it is because of the music video and Fallout 3.
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
December 1st, 2010 at 08:47am
The Aftermath:

My ex, who doesn't even like My Chem, watched this video and she said it was a major rip off of Fallout 3.. Hahaha. Smile
The Aftermath
Killjoy
The Aftermath
December 1st, 2010 at 06:00pm
Black and Blue:
The Aftermath:

My ex, who doesn't even like My Chem, watched this video and she said it was a major rip off of Fallout 3.. Hahaha. Smile

I kind of think it's a completely intentional tribute. I played a lot (a lot) of Fallout, and there are things in the video that I don't think someone else could have independently thought of.

There's totally a lunchbox bomb in the video. <3
Devilhunter318
Killjoy
Devilhunter318
December 7th, 2010 at 10:28pm
The video has a lot of pop culture references, calling it a rip off of any of them is a bit pointless
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
December 8th, 2010 at 09:48am
Devilhunter318:
The video has a lot of pop culture references, calling it a rip off of any of them is a bit pointless

This.

There are a bunch of pop culture references in it, and the fact that it was ~similar
to Fallout 3 means that it was probably intentional.
amiiAFFLICTION
Killjoy
amiiAFFLICTION
December 9th, 2010 at 05:06pm
AMAZING<3<3<3<3<3
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 9th, 2010 at 07:34pm
Ruining everybody's Fallout fest: this isn't a place to discuss the video, it's to discuss the song. Thus why it's called "Song Meanings" and not "Video Meanings."

kthnx.
Lycia

Edit:/lullzzzz.
death wish.
Jazz Hands
death wish.
January 14th, 2011 at 02:55am
this song is about being completley and totally mainstream.
NANANANNANANANA OMG NANANANNAN yeah whatever. song is just so deep...
and NOT every song of theirs has to be this is just a dumb song with no meaning.
RiotRaze
Killjoy
RiotRaze
January 26th, 2011 at 12:19am
Oh let me tell you bout the sad man - I think this is definitely referring to the Draculoids...

Shut up and let me see your jazz hands - Looks to me to be from the point of view of a Drac? Perhaps this is Party Poison telling us about who the Dracs are and what they do. I remember once he mentioned about the SING video that they 'shoot cops' in it... According to Wikipedia, Jazz Hands "is the extension of a performer's hands with palms toward the audience and fingers splayed."

Also, as a side note, I think that Dr. DD is also referring to BLI security when he says in Look Alive Sunshine, 'the pigs won't quit!'
Victorian Vendetta
Shotgun Sinner
Victorian Vendetta
February 2nd, 2011 at 12:53am
Im sorry but I really think that Gerard or whoever had Dr. Seuss on the brian when he wrote this. Maybe from reading with Bandit?
" In a bag, in a box?"
" I would not eat them with a fox.
I would not eat them in a box. "
Haha Im just saying.
M.I.
Killjoy
M.I.
February 4th, 2011 at 11:10am
This song isn't about anything. Gerard even said it. Just mindless entertainment.
CinemaSpeaks
Bleeding on the Floor
CinemaSpeaks
February 17th, 2011 at 03:20pm
Does anyone else think that Dr. DD might be some representative of death on the album? With that about KK and JS getting "ghostsed" and that about the sun bursting people into flames.... anyone else?
xXDetonator_StaticXx
Killjoy
xXDetonator_StaticXx
February 17th, 2011 at 08:37pm
HollyTheStrange:
Does anyone else think that Dr. DD might be some representative of death on the album? With that about KK and JS getting "ghostsed" and that about the sun bursting people into flames.... anyone else?

Maybe. But he could be a representation of immortality (Hence the name, Dr. Death Defying) even though that sounds kinda stupid. But then again, he mentions something about a person's shadow living on after death in the desert, so maybe an imprint of your soul is left behind in the Danger Days world. As for the sun bursting into flames, I think at the end there will be this huge solar flare that scorches their world. They make a passing reference to that in "Destroya" (Against the Sun we're the enemy) and in "The Kids From Yesterday" (I'll Find You when the Sun Goes Black).

As for the track "Na Na Na", it doesn't have much of a meaning when viewed overall, but there is still something meaningful lyrics to it. When he says "Everybody wants to change the world, but no one wants to die", I think it means that everyone does want to try and improve this world, but no one wants to actually try and do so because it requires a large amount of sacrifice.
brother nero;
Always Born a Crime
brother nero;
March 24th, 2011 at 09:00am
KTKillJoy:
Im sorry but I really think that Gerard or whoever had Dr. Seuss on the brian when he wrote this. Maybe from reading with Bandit?
" In a bag, in a box?"
" I would not eat them with a fox.
I would not eat them in a box. "
Haha Im just saying.

haha yeah lmfao
To me the song meaning is just rising against the modern world-to me that's punk.It's an amazing song,and just really makes you feel good.The bridge of the song is more serious though,(everybody wants to change the world...)and I think that it kinda reminds you of death even in a really upbeat song,and that MCR have always to an extent focused their songwriting on mortality.
Mineisgerard
Killjoy
Mineisgerard
April 6th, 2011 at 01:53am
It's about running away to become your own person and to not quitting until u get there no matter how much blood you'll have to spill to be there
Molotov Lexicon
Killjoy
Molotov Lexicon
May 18th, 2011 at 09:10pm
I think that this song serves as an introduction to the world of Danger Days.

Drugs gimmie drugs: Didn't the BL/Ind use drugs to help control the population? I think I read somewhere that the story behind Party Poison's mask in the music video was that the character depicted promoted BL/Ind drugs.

Eight legs to the wall, hit the gas kill them all: The first line is probably a reference to the Killjoy's car, which has a spider emblem on it. It's confirmed by the next line, which directly refers to a vehicle of some sort. Perhaps this describes the Killjoys running over the Draculoids in their car? But it could also be interpreted as the Draculoids running over the Killjoys, which would make the 'to the wall' make more sense.

I think that the repetitive "Na Na Na" is like the Killjoys taunting the Draculoids.

We're on your property, standing in V formation: Maybe this is about the Killjoys going into Battery City?

Oh let me tell you about the sad man. Shut up and let me see your jazz hands: The sad man is probably the Draculoids or similar BL/Ind field agents. 'Shut up and let me see your jazz hands' is probably a creative way of saying 'Hands up!', which is probably what the 'sad [men]' would have said to the Killjoys.

Remember when you were a madman: In 1984 insanity is described as a minority of one. Maybe some Killjoys were called insane because insanity has the same definition that's in 1984 in 2019.

I think we'd rather be burning your information: Maybe when the Killjoys recruit, they burn the official identification that their new member went by before christening them with a Killjoy name.

Everybody wants to change the world, but no one, no one wants to die.
Wanna try, wanna try, wanna try:
I think the Killjoys are trying to change the world, fully willing to die to do that.

Cut My hair, gag and bore me: They also would resist torture for their revolution
nickkhun23
Killjoy
nickkhun23
May 29th, 2011 at 10:19pm
Great post! It's very nice . Thank you so much for your post.