AuthorMessage
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
September 3rd, 2011 at 07:22am

Blog by Frank on MCR.com

Just The Facts
Friday September 2, 2011 | Posted by: Frank

Hello all,

Some shit happened last night and before the blogosphere gets all crazy with false statements and ridiculous opinions we want the true story to come from us... But please listen close because this is the only time we are ever going to talk about this. The relationship between My Chemical Romance and Michael Pedicone is over. He was caught red handed stealing from the band and confessed to police after our show last night in Auburn, Washington. We are heartbroken and sick to our stomachs over this entire situation. The band has no intention of pressing charges or taking this matter any further than we have to. We just want him out of our lives. The people who play in this band are a family, and family should not take advantage of each other like he did. We are currently moving forward, and hope to have a new drummer in place for our show in Salt Lake City, Utah. The show must go on.

XOMCR

-----------------------------------------

Kerrang Article online

My Chemical Romance have parted company with drummer Mike Pedicone.

In a statement on the band's site entitled Just The Facts, Pedicone's former bandmates say that he was caught stealing from the band following a show in Auburn, Washington on Thursday night (September 3).

The drummer joined the band from The Bled late last year prior to the release of their fourth album, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.

"Some shit happened last night and before the blogosphere gets all crazy with false statements and ridiculous opinions we want the true story to come from us - but please listen close because this is the only time we are ever going to talk about this," begins the statement posted by guitarist Frank Iero. "The relationship between My Chemical Romance and Michael Pedicone is over. He was caught red handed stealing from the band and confessed to police after our show last night in Auburn, Washington.

"We are heartbroken and sick to our stomachs over this entire situation. The band has no intention of pressing charges or taking this matter any further than we have to. We just want him out of our lives. The people who play in this band are a family, and family should not take advantage of each other like he did. We are currently moving forward, and hope to have a new drummer in place for our show in Salt Lake City, Utah. The show must go on."

It is not known as this stage who will take over drum duties on their remaining U.S. dates. Be sure to check out next week's Kerrang! for our review of MCR's headline set at the Reading festival.

brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
September 3rd, 2011 at 09:04am
I was completely shocked over this. I really liked Pedicone and reading this just made my stomach drop.
I know so many people who really loved him as their drummer.

I hope they find a replacement soon. They just aren't very lucky with drummers.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
September 3rd, 2011 at 11:35am
i was so sure that it was only a matter of time before mcr would ask him to join the band permanently.
and then this happens.
i'm very disappointed in him, i had started to like him quite a lot.
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
September 3rd, 2011 at 03:07pm
when i read this last night, i was shocked! i was just starting to like pedicone.
i can’t believe he would do such a thing, after the band treated him like a brother. it also breaks my heart because he and frank were so close.
hopefully they find a better replacement drummer this time.
and on twitter last night (in my time zone), “Pedicone” was a world-wide trending topic...
SanneNena
Killjoy
SanneNena
September 3rd, 2011 at 04:19pm
Yes, i was shocked too! in my eyes he was part of the band already :S, i think it's very hard for mcr to deal with it, because they are so close with eachother.
hope they'll find a new drummer fast!
Kick Start My Heart
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kick Start My Heart
September 3rd, 2011 at 07:17pm
My jaw dropped when I read this on their site earlier. I don't understand how he could steal from others who had given him such an amazing opportunity. I'm going to be hated for saying this but in a way I feel some level of sympathy towards Pedicone. I mean the dudes getting the hatred of thousands of people in public & will continue to do so for a pretty long time. That's got to be a pretty shitty feeling. Hopefully he learns his lesson & gets another shot at continuing his talent in some other area.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 3rd, 2011 at 10:54pm
I don't think they would have ever asked him to join the band permanently. James Dewees has been with them for a while, and they never asked him to officially join, (as far as we know,) even if he isn't "the drummer."
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 4th, 2011 at 01:01am
AP has confirmed that Jarrod Alexander--who has drummed with Death By Stereo and the Suicide File and is in the band Dead Country-- is playing with My Chemical Romance tonight at the Salt Lake City stop of the Honda Civic Tour. Former touring drummer Mike Pedicone and the band parted ways yesterday due to allegations of stealing.

Source: Alternative Press

Personally I'm heart broken (a tad over dramatic but...) I was hoping he'd last but....
CheerForSweetRevenge
Killjoy
CheerForSweetRevenge
September 4th, 2011 at 09:48pm
MCR just can't gt any luck with their drumers. I personaly like bob the best, but as long as MCR moves on, I'm ok.
(I promise)
ZING!
mar0o0ha
Bleeding on the Floor
mar0o0ha
September 5th, 2011 at 09:58am
Move on MCR Love you too much
im really shocked to hear that ... hate you Michael Pedicone Go to hell with your shit
and it's a really bad timing for the band love ya MCR
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
September 5th, 2011 at 05:11pm
I feel so sorry for the guys, they don't deserve it! D:
But to be honest, I'm not torn up over this. I thought he was just a touring drummer.
But I hope they have better luck next time Smile

xx
Battery Acid
Salute You in Your Grave
Battery Acid
September 5th, 2011 at 07:41pm
Wow...I thought I really liked this guy. Didn't expect anything like this to happen. Oh well.
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
September 6th, 2011 at 02:06am

In their first show without Pedicone, Frank says "trust no one" during I'm Not Okay instead of the usual "trust me".

On a side note, can I just add how adorable he looks?
/end fangirling moment
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
September 6th, 2011 at 02:44pm
Awh =/
Poor Frankie, they got on really well..

K! talk to Pedicone
In my eyes, it's still not a good reason dude =/
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
September 6th, 2011 at 02:55pm
I don't understand his explanation. Did he steal to make someone else look bad?
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
September 6th, 2011 at 03:04pm
so what he did is because he didn't get along with a crew member and tried to make them look bad?
welp, didn't work out the way he wanted it to. made himself look bad instead.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
September 6th, 2011 at 03:32pm
Sounds like both parties behaved immaturely. Still disappointed, but like MCR, I'm done with him.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
September 6th, 2011 at 03:33pm
Paint It Black:
I don't understand his explanation. Did he steal to make someone else look bad?

I think so, yeah. Or maybe misplaced something that was his responsibility.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
September 6th, 2011 at 03:36pm
Isn't that kind of a lame excuse?
I mean, it's not as if stealing to make someone else look bad is better than stealing with the intention of keeping it for yourself.
In my eyes that is just as bad, only in a different way.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 6th, 2011 at 08:25pm
Frank had to have been really pissed. Just the way he said i, nice and clear without screaming or singing it. He clearly had it planned.

I don't blame him for it. That must have hurt. But just hearing that in such a way really puts it into perspective how hurt he was. All of them, really.