Don't have an account? Create one!

What Are You Thinking?

AuthorMessage
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 21st, 2022 at 12:01pm
i mean i don't doubt that the right wing is using this for their agenda (in fact i 100% think they are/will), but i've also been watching her testimony more lately and... yeah, i don't trust her, and i didn't need the right-wing to tell me not to
i need to watch more of johnny's, i've found a channel that uploads parts of the trial without any editing so it's nice to have it all there by itself
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
May 21st, 2022 at 02:46pm
Maybe you can enlighten me, but I don't really understand what there is to trust though when people talk about her lying or not trusting her. Almost everything I hear about this case seems to be completely irrelevant to the actual suit. I scrolled through her twitter and she struck me as kind of out of it and retweeted this cringey, reactionary article about censorship in universities and I can only imagine that she's like a very specific type of feminist (white centric, swerf, terf etc.). But like none of that matters from what I can tell because it comes down to the way the article was written not if she was an innocent abuse victim or not. The washington post didn't assert anything that wasn't in her own right to assert.

There was nothing falsefiable that should ever be in depps favor and I've read the article multiple times because I feel gaslit after a couple weeks thinking that the article was more specific that I remember but it's really not and that's what the suit is about not about which one fits the abuse narrative or not which is what the trial has become. I talked to my co worker about it who was talking a lot of shit about heard and didn't even seem to know what the article was or what the trail was about. The article was about the divorce trail, but some people seem to be lead to believe they broke up and then she wrote that article which isn't what happened. I don't think thats where your coming from it just seems to be a real problem in general. The deflection to me is suspicious by itself. Amber heard seems like an insufferable person who's kind of off as well as depp it's just I can't think of that as anything other than completely irrelevant because the facts are all ready there without their relationship even needing to be brought up.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 22nd, 2022 at 02:39pm
the trial is going into their relationship quite a bit, which is why it's being brought up so much and discussed, even though it is a libel case
i don't know much of the articles she wrote about dv, but at the very least i do know from personal experience that depp's career was affected by it even though he wasn't mentioned specifically
i don't really know what depp's team is trying to prove, i guess that he is an abuse victim and not the other way around

what i mean by "i don't trust her" is that a lot of her statements either don't make sense or are contradictory
the way she testifies is kind of odd as well, she stares down the jury as she answers questions, which none of the other witnesses i've seen have done that
the images she has for evidence are also... not the best, in one example she obviously used the same picture but just with different editing to make her skin look redder
and then tried to pass off that they were two different photos, taken at different times of the day

my opinion now is that yes she abused him, although i am unsure about the other side of that (whether depp abused her) because i haven't seen his testimony
and if he did, i am unsure whether that abuse was reactionary or not, because i need to see more testimony
it's impossible to just go solely off of his or hers, which is perhaps what a lot of people are doing

that all being said, the memes and stuff about her make me super uncomfortable
as well as all the shapiro-esque headlines like using DESTROYED in all caps
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
May 22nd, 2022 at 02:55pm
Yeah the problem is if the washington post article itself was a lie and she never really said anything that could be seen as a willful lie in the way that it was written. The post article itself is about the reaction to the trail, other instances of abuse and assault she encountered in different relationships (specifically before the one with depp) and the political need to put women in positions of power to prevent the culture of misogyny. The angle of the trial bothers me because with the way the suit as been initiated the aim seems to be not proving the heard was the actual abuser in this one relationship but proving that heard was never an abuse victim ever and feeding off the social desire that by extension all women who site struggles with patriarchal violence are lying and being manipulative because that was what the article is about and its why I think right wingers are eating the trial up.

It's deeply weird that this is a defamation trail and not depp alleging assault or abuse as a criminal case. If that was the case then that would be fair for him to do. Heard got her day in court and if wants to hold her accountable for any acts of violence he can, but that isn't really what this case is and should be for. From what I know you have to prove that the defendant in defamation suits willfully told a lie and did so with intent of fiscally harming the person they were lying about and it's weird that the trial seems more like a criminal trail than a suit.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
May 22nd, 2022 at 03:03pm
Also Depp assaulted someone on a movie set. That reason alone would be a good reason for Depp to lose movie deals. His star has faded and I wouldn't think it would be worth it to have someone that unhinged on my film set either. How are they going to prove that the article was the sole reason he lost jobs and not his behaviour in general and maybe I should just cringe past the triggers and watch the trail, but I haven't heard one word about that possibility either. The whole thing feels incredibly skewed.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 22nd, 2022 at 07:32pm
Celestialbloo:
Yeah the problem is if the washington post article itself was a lie and she never really said anything that could be seen as a willful lie in the way that it was written. The post article itself is about the reaction to the trail, other instances of abuse and assault she encountered in different relationships (specifically before the one with depp) and the political need to put women in positions of power to prevent the culture of misogyny. The angle of the trial bothers me because with the way the suit as been initiated the aim seems to be not proving the heard was the actual abuser in this one relationship but proving that heard was never an abuse victim ever and feeding off the social desire that by extension all women who site struggles with patriarchal violence are lying and being manipulative because that was what the article is about and its why I think right wingers are eating the trial up.

It's deeply weird that this is a defamation trail and not depp alleging assault or abuse as a criminal case. If that was the case then that would be fair for him to do. Heard got her day in court and if wants to hold her accountable for any acts of violence he can, but that isn't really what this case is and should be for. From what I know you have to prove that the defendant in defamation suits willfully told a lie and did so with intent of fiscally harming the person they were lying about and it's weird that the trial seems more like a criminal trail than a suit.

yeah like on one hand i'm glad this trial is bringing to light that men can be victims of dv too, but on the other hand it's fueling and emboldening misogynists
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 22nd, 2022 at 07:34pm
Celestialbloo:
Also Depp assaulted someone on a movie set. That reason alone would be a good reason for Depp to lose movie deals. His star has faded and I wouldn't think it would be worth it to have someone that unhinged on my film set either. How are they going to prove that the article was the sole reason he lost jobs and not his behaviour in general and maybe I should just cringe past the triggers and watch the trail, but I haven't heard one word about that possibility either. The whole thing feels incredibly skewed.

as someone who doesn't follow any film industry-related news, i had literally never heard that about depp on set, but i definitely did hear about his and heard's relationship

it's disheartening the 12-year-old in me, because i was super into his portrayal of sweeney todd back then lmao
and then following that thought of him quite favorably for years
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 22nd, 2022 at 07:37pm
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
May 22nd, 2022 at 10:17pm
Why wouldn't this be criminal case though? Surely if heard was really dangerous she should go to prison and this shouldn't be about money. I don't understand that to be honest.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 23rd, 2022 at 12:07pm
Celestialbloo:
Why wouldn't this be criminal case though? Surely if heard was really dangerous she should go to prison and this shouldn't be about money. I don't understand that to be honest.

i'm not sure, there may be requirements for a criminal case they haven't met (ie time, etc)
he could also just not want to file one against her, in his testimony about her cutting off his finger, he said he lied to medical staff because he didn't want criminal charges brought against her
or he could be full of shit, any of those three things
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 23rd, 2022 at 12:23pm
...this psychiatrist watched movies depp was in to get a baseline???? wtf
rolling on floor
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 23rd, 2022 at 12:30pm
"Do you know that actors rehearse?"
"I'm not an actor, I don't know what they do."

omg

/paraphrasing
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 23rd, 2022 at 12:31pm
ok sorry i'll shut up about the trial that was just
so ridiculous
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
May 24th, 2022 at 09:52pm
I guess I should watch it, but I don't want my fight or fight instinct to kick in and attack my own computer if depp is going to act as smug as all the youtube thumbnails suggest he's going to.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 24th, 2022 at 11:26pm
i can watch some of his testimony and tell you if he's smug
but the trial is ending soon so idk if it'd be worth it
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
May 31st, 2022 at 11:56pm
So I watched a little of the trial and I have to say I'm so over this. Heard seemed over prepared, but that doesn't prove that anything she's said is not true. Like for the sake of argument just because something bad happened to a weird, annoying person and they repeat it back in a weird annoying way doesn't mean it didn't happen. Depp just seems to be doing this sullen old man thing that I guess I'm supposed to take as honesty, but the actual content of what he was saying seemed just as convincing as what Heard was saying. And he would be really calm because he's getting his fuck you day in court with Heard.

Brandy I'm curious about what exactly they said that made you believe that Heard is actually fabricating entire stories and that Depp is a true victim of abuse and not just in a in ugly relationship? I can't and will never watch the whole trial. It's actually kind of boring as well as sad and triggering.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
June 1st, 2022 at 08:26pm
Celestialbloo:
So I watched a little of the trial and I have to say I'm so over this. Heard seemed over prepared, but that doesn't prove that anything she's said is not true. Like for the sake of argument just because something bad happened to a weird, annoying person and they repeat it back in a weird annoying way doesn't mean it didn't happen. Depp just seems to be doing this sullen old man thing that I guess I'm supposed to take as honesty, but the actual content of what he was saying seemed just as convincing as what Heard was saying. And he would be really calm because he's getting his fuck you day in court with Heard.

Brandy I'm curious about what exactly they said that made you believe that Heard is actually fabricating entire stories and that Depp is a true victim of abuse and not just in a in ugly relationship? I can't and will never watch the whole trial. It's actually kind of boring as well as sad and triggering.

when you watch the cross-examination from depp's lawyer, it makes it p clear
i didn't think she was fabricating entire stories, just changing details to make herself out to be a victim in cases where she didn't seem to be

the courts found both liable, at least, which was what i felt at the beginning
i still haven't seen much of depp's testimony
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
June 1st, 2022 at 09:41pm
for the commentary, this is the lawyer i've been watching
this is the channel with full undedited clips, although the titles can be a bit biased
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
June 1st, 2022 at 10:03pm
Size 0 final thoughts I guess because it got long. Idk. Thank god this is over.I think that was the part I watched, but tbh I don't really care if it's embellished. Either abuse did or didn't happen. I mean I guess I feel that way because I get how hard it is to tell some one how horrible an experience was when you retaliated or initiated some of the conflicts after months of horrible treatment, but if you are antagonistic in any way your victim card gets revoked and people stop listening even if you need help so I really understand the temptation to be manipulative even though you sincerely feel harmed just so people listen.

I'm not saying I know that's what happened here, but I just think that her being evasive and flamboyant during her testimony isn't enough for me to distrust everything she's saying. Frankly I think this sounds like a lot of none of our business and it should have never been escalated to this point and they both seem like deeply unpleasant people, but I don't really care if she didn't tell her story well or if she was being too tactical with her recounting because I don't disbelieve that Depp is an abuser solely/or as well. Either he is or he isn't and there are so many ways to be abusive too it's almost nonsensical to try and disprove abuse in a flasefiable way. Like also if someone felt abused that actually matters regardless of what objectively happened and it makes no sense that she went to a divorce court instead of twitter or something else impractical as her first reaction outside of their relationship if she didn't sincerely feel abused. I always try to base my judgements on what I know for sure and I don't think anyone can really know what happened in their relationship except for them and aside from projecting personal insights onto this whole situation I don't want to get trapped into defending something I shouldn't so my final thoughts are really only based on what I know about how this started and what happened in the open. It's because of what we know for certain I feel this whole situation is suspicious on Depp's part, but from what I know Heard wasn't emotionally sound going into the relationship so the whole thing ended up being explosive. I'm just glad that it's over and that it was anti-climatic and tbh I hope this result just discourages this situation from escalating further even though I still think Heard was in her right to have written that article because nothing in it was objectively incorrect or begged for a defamation trial.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
June 1st, 2022 at 11:07pm
Wait it's reported that depp won, but also he defamed her by calling it a hoax, but also the jury didn't believe her. How can both those things be true? This trail made no god damn sense from the beginning. I take this whole thing as a grim omen about whats to come and I trust everyone around me less now.