Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Romance Break Up

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 23rd, 2013 at 03:55pm
Paint It Black:
Right now, all I want is an explanation. I will not blame them if they have come to this decision because they want to be with their families and pursue other careers. But, I will be honest about this, I am devastated. They have been such an important part of my life ever since I first heard them back in 2006. They have helped me cope with difficult times in my life that would've been so much harder to go through if it wasn't for their music. I am forever grateful but right now my heart is breaking.
That's how I feel too...

this is totally off topic from your quote now, but yeah

5 sentences does not even begin to sum up what this band has meant to not only them, but to us. I feel like we deserve more than 5 sentences, because 5 sentences is not enough properly convey why it is what it is, or what the future holds for them, or how they really feel. The announcement isn't honest, imo, I read it as "This is it, we aren't actually writing this together this is our PR team writing some piece of crap in hopes that the fans accept it and that will be it.

Of course, there is still that hope where they will release something more meaningful for us, but I really don't think it's coming. I will eat my words if we do get better explanation. I just think we might get a few more tweets (and don't get me wrong, the tweets do mean a lot but they're only 140 characters, which once again cannot even begin to describe anything they feel), but I doubt we're going to be getting an official statement made by all of them together in a nicely written mcr.com post, or a video with all of them in it to explain (within reason) their thoughts and feelings.

I love them so much, and I will keep loving them. They have meant the world to me for so long, and have been my favorite band since 7th grade, and what they have given to me means more than anybody can ever know, but I have seen more emotion from fans and fired managers than the members themselves. I also understand that it is probably hard on them too, and that it's probably not easy to talk about 12 years of your life... an era... is ending. However, at the same time I feel like they knew for a while what was going to happen for a while, probably even when Gerard was talking about "MCR 5," so yeah.

There are just so many emotions in me right now varying from sadness, to disappointment, anger, love, etc., but I refuse to accept their statement on the site, because I doubt it was typed by one of them.

Though I do appreciate it wasn't just a facebook post.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 23rd, 2013 at 04:35pm
It has been years since I've been on this site and I'm only back now to mourn the ending of my favorite band. I can only hope that this isn't permanent and they find their way back to each other somewhere down the road. They haven't been a band long enough in my opinion. I've loved them for about 9 years since about 2004; as a band and as people. They got me through the rough shit, helped me grow up, kept me going and now are one of my primary inspirations. My heart is truly broken. My only wish is to see them one last time in concert. So long, not good night <3.
kri3ty
Killjoy
kri3ty
March 23rd, 2013 at 05:55pm
I thought I'd sleep on it. Because it didn't seem real. But even this morning I just feel empty.

I can't believe I'm comparing it to this, but it's similar. It's like that empty 'I'm not sure I can believe what I'm hearing, because I can't imagine my life without' them' feeling I got when I hear my friend committed suicide.

Seeing Lyn-Z's tweet has made it seem more real. Almost confirming it's not a cruel joke.

I was so excited to hear the band was working with Colleen Atwood again, my favourite band and film designer.

It's come at such a weird time, I'm about to start a full time job and 'grow up'. Does this signify my childhood ending? I think it does. It's scary. So scary to be saying goodbye to my childhood and the band that helped me through it in the same week.

Words on a computer can't describe how much I appreciate all they've given us, and I wish that the world was nicer to them throughout the ride.

Half awake, and still afraid. But I'm getting there.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
March 24th, 2013 at 01:31pm
This is pretty crazy. I am a bit of an older fan, but I have always stuck with this band. Though it is sad to see them split, I can't help but smile knowing what an impact they have had on all of their fans. I stand by their choice to depart and I wish them all the best in their futures.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
March 24th, 2013 at 02:46pm
SINATRA:
This is pretty crazy. I am a bit of an older fan, but I have always stuck with this band. Though it is sad to see them split, I can't help but smile knowing what an impact they have had on all of their fans. I stand by their choice to depart and I wish them all the best in their futures.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2013 at 04:34pm
Mikey has addressed the situation

beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2013 at 04:38pm
And while this may be nothing but extremely wishful thinking, it is interesting. I found this post which compiles clues that may point to it being an issue with their record label?

Not sure how I feel about it because a lot of these "clues" could be taken multiple ways, but it seems a little more solid than half of the rumors that are floating around.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 24th, 2013 at 04:56pm
Veritas Aequitas:
And while this may be nothing but extremely wishful thinking, it is interesting. I found this post which compiles clues that may point to it being an issue with their record label?

Not sure how I feel about it because a lot of these "clues" could be taken multiple ways, but it seems a little more solid than half of the rumors that are floating around.
I am all for batshit crazy speculations and conspiracies, but even this seems like it's way too over the top. And then there's THIS James Dewees interview where he talks about Frank being in a new band with him, and while Frank has been in multiple bands, what would that mean for newly reformed MCR? And THEEEEN there's this quote specifically:

James Dewees:
I’m not 100% sure, but Gerard wants to do other stuff. Frank wants to do other stuff. They all want to. That’s fine. It doesn’t mean it’ll never happen again, but it means that everyone wants a real break from it. They don’t want to say it’s a hiatus because then it still lingers over your head. If you say you’re breaking up, cool, then you can stop. You don’t have to answer emails anymore until you want to. I think everybody is going to do a lot of great stuff solo. Everybody is so talented. It’s going to be really, really cool to see what happens in the next year or two.

Where Dewees says that they didn't want to call it hiatus - or it could be their intention just to take a break, but didn't want to feel the pressure like Fall Out Boy did where everyone wants them to get together and brings it up all the time - and that they're going to go solo. UNLESS the legal is going to take "the next year or two" and then they're back together under a new name. idk. I feel like a lot of people are in denial and are making a lot of something out of nothing, unfortunately. Neutral

I want to say that there have been some rumors of label issues before (or I could be making stuff up), but I don't think it would be as easy. How do song/album rights work? If the label owns partial rights to the songs, does that prevent them from being played live again by *insert new band name MCR here*?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 24th, 2013 at 05:01pm
Veritas Aequitas:

Hmmm

The fact that he tweeted it (for the first time since the whole thing exploded) makes me think its obviously been some factor. Perhaps I'm too cynical but meh.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2013 at 05:05pm
Like I said, just a rumor. There's a lot of them floating around. It just seemed like something that made sense now that Mikey is claiming it had nothing do with his relationship. Notice I said "claiming."

Still 1000 other reasons why they decided to call it quits. But it did seem interesting because record label problems aren't out of the question. They do happen.

I do hope that whatever happens, the guys are happy. I do hope they're all on good terms with each other too, though I shouldn't invest myself in their personal lives.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 24th, 2013 at 05:13pm
Tallulah:
Veritas Aequitas:

Hmmm

The fact that he tweeted it (for the first time since the whole thing exploded) makes me think its obviously been some factor. Perhaps I'm too cynical but meh.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

What I'd like to know is if that truly isn't a factor in the slightest then what the heck did bring this on?

And if this is some stunt to completely over-haul the band (which I think is completely bogus) I'd be completely pissed that they put me and the rest of the fan base through this. But as I said I think it's bullshit. I don't believe they'll be gone forever. I don't think they could stay away from the band, but how long it will take them to come back to each other... I could not begin to fathom.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 24th, 2013 at 05:19pm
I think they'll be back. A few years enjoying being Dads etc and the draw of getting together will be too much for them. Thy just need some time to be normal I guess.

I do think the whole Mikey thing was the straw that broke the camels back.

Like ^^ you said - why even mention it?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 24th, 2013 at 05:30pm
Veritas Aequitas:
Like I said, just a rumor. There's a lot of them floating around. It just seemed like something that made sense now that Mikey is claiming it had nothing do with his relationship. Notice I said "claiming."

Still 1000 other reasons why they decided to call it quits. But it did seem interesting because record label problems aren't out of the question. They do happen.

I do hope that whatever happens, the guys are happy. I do hope they're all on good terms with each other too, though I shouldn't invest myself in their personal lives.
oh of course it's a rumor, i get where you were coming from posting it. i just have to let everyone know how i feel because my opinion is the most important Razz (this is really sarcastic, just so everyone knows)

I am also curious about the legal repercussions of saying things/song rights and whatnot. Do we have a lawyer around here? Smile

-------------------------------------------------------
Also, I agree with Lulapants (and hey, was that my idiom used in your post?) when Mikey added that into it all, it just made him look all the more "guilty" (for lack of better term; I know, I know, his life, he does what he wants he doesn't have to feel guilty, etc.). I can, though, see him saying it just because people may have been tweeting him that and he felt the need to clarify - but I have no idea if people were tweeting him at all in regards to the cheating scandal. But I also feel it might have been a factor, as big or small as it may be. Perhaps not in the fact that the fact he cheated hurt some of them, but that it makes the band's image look a teensy bit bad.

ps - I love speculations, it reminds me of the good ole days with TBP and Eliza Cutz and the beginnings of Lyn-Z and Gerard, etc. Too bad it's for a sad situation Sad
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
March 24th, 2013 at 05:34pm
I think he even mentioned it because a lot of fans are pointing fingers at mikey for the break up.
I've seen it all over Tumblr and I think that sarah removed everything on her Instagram.
So I think that's why he did it. But I don't know. I feel like they should just leave it as it is. It's like giving us false hope that they're coming back, I don't know how to feel about that. It's like they don't know what they're doing anymore. But I agree with the whole Hiatus thing, but that comment that James did, it's like he's contradicting things...
Please Delete
Salute You in Your Grave
Please Delete
March 24th, 2013 at 05:35pm
I didn't know until I was on tumblr yesterday morning. Now I'm so sad about the band's breakup.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 24th, 2013 at 05:41pm
I've lost count the amount of bands over the years who have split up only to reform a few years down the line.

Never say never.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 24th, 2013 at 05:46pm
fabulous killjoy.:

-------------------------------------------------------
Also, I agree with Lulapants (and hey, was that my idiom used in your post?) when Mikey added that into it all, it just made him look all the more "guilty" (for lack of better term; I know, I know, his life, he does what he wants he doesn't have to feel guilty, etc.). I can, though, see him saying it just because people may have been tweeting him that and he felt the need to clarify - but I have no idea if people were tweeting him at all in regards to the cheating scandal. But I also feel it might have been a factor, as big or small as it may be. Perhaps not in the fact that the fact he cheated hurt some of them, but that it makes the band's image look a teensy bit bad.

ps - I love speculations, it reminds me of the good ole days with TBP and Eliza Cutz and the beginnings of Lyn-Z and Gerard, etc. Too bad it's for a sad situation Sad

I used it on twitter hours before you lol Smile

I agree bout the theories - it's like the good old days of PLOTB. Sigh. Happy days.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 24th, 2013 at 05:49pm
Tallulah:
I've lost count the amount of bands over the years who have split up only to reform a few years down the line.

Never say never.
(the picture killed me, it had to be used)
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
March 24th, 2013 at 05:51pm
so wait what is this.
here
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
March 24th, 2013 at 05:54pm
Oh my God Billy's hair.

(I'm sorry, it is irrelevant but I'm 90% sure it makes people feel better rn)