Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Romance Break Up

AuthorMessage
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
March 24th, 2013 at 05:57pm
I want to say I'm happy for all those heartbroken if that's true, Jeka, but at the same time I wouldn't get any hopes up because it may just lead to disappointment. They wouldn't put the fans through this if it was a re-naming. Plus the fandom has managed to convince itself of many things before. I'm sure at least some people out there still believe that Frank has a foot chest, just sayin'.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 24th, 2013 at 05:58pm
omg you guise. you guise, I figured it out. MCR followed The Smashing Pumpkins' album trajectory, in a really weird fucking way

Bullets > Gish (the unpolished, dirty CD)
Revenge > Siamese Dream (their sophomore album which made their careers really take off)
TBP > Mellon Collie (the huge epic ginormous concept album that made them really famous)

Between this, SP did a song for the film Batman & Robin, MCR did a song for Watchmen. Coincidence? I think not!
In the middle of this, SP kicked Chamberlin out of the band, and MCR kicked Bob out!

Killjoys > Adore (the really weird album that is a completely different sound than had been tried before)
Conventional Weapons > Machina (I have no legitimate comparison because I haven't listened to Machina OR Conventional Weapons in full still, but whatever let's pretend)

AND THEN THEY BROKE UP.

And then Billy & Jimmy did Zwan, and they all did solo stuff, and then they (at least 2 of them) got back together like 7 years later. So expect Gerard to get together with another member of MCR, make 1 CD, then they all do a bunch of solo stuff (The Ray Toro Complex, anybody?), and then they create their Zeitgeist in which Gerard will harmonize with himself in every song!

I see what you're doing, MCR. I need to publish my findings.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 24th, 2013 at 06:00pm
Finnick Odair:
I want to say I'm happy for all those heartbroken if that's true, Jeka, but at the same time I wouldn't get any hopes up because it may just lead to disappointment. They wouldn't put the fans through this if it was a re-naming. Plus the fandom has managed to convince itself of many things before. I'm sure at least some people out there still believe that Frank has a foot chest, just sayin'.

Never deny the footchest.
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
March 24th, 2013 at 06:01pm
I'm just confused that's all. I haven't gotten my hopes up to be honest. And footchest. yes!
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
March 24th, 2013 at 06:03pm
at least it's not emo anymore.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 24th, 2013 at 06:19pm
So if it is a reform... they're basically just renaming themselves because they transform everything else for every new album anyways... they never look and sound the same. But I still don't think that's the case....
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 24th, 2013 at 08:24pm
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjdh4f
Straight from the man himself, they are done and this sound a lot more final than I had initially hope.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2013 at 08:31pm
I don't like this, although I get it now, and I got a little emotional
but I'm glad he addressed it, and took the time to do so. Hell, it took him two days to figure out what to say.

Although am I the only one who got thrown by what he was trying to say a few times?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 24th, 2013 at 08:43pm
Tickle Me Sara:
Straight from the man himself, they are done and this sound a lot more final than I had initially hope.
holy shit, i am actually crying rn. what the hell, man.
Miss Americvnt
Bleeding on the Floor
Miss Americvnt
March 24th, 2013 at 09:05pm
fabulous killjoy.:
Tickle Me Sara:
holy shit, i am actually crying rn. what the hell, man.

Fuck, man. But I guess it's what's right. I'm glad he took the time to write this. I knew he wouldn't just leave us coldly. I'm still selfishly holding on to the hope that they take MCR off the shelf, dust it off, and be better than ever...even if it's a long, long, long time from now.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2013 at 09:23pm
I think it's still in the cards. It could be years from now, but the band was such a part of them, I find it hard to believe that one day, they won't be itching to get back together and make some more music.

And if time is what they need, to live, to experience, to raise families... go for it.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 24th, 2013 at 09:50pm
I like some closure even though I feel like he/they weren't obligated to provide such.

I was just thinking, it's going to feel different watching LOTMS now. When it ends it's like wow, this is actually the END. Still so hard to believe. I feel bad for those who never got the chance to see them live, that would just kill me. I never got to meet them so that's what's kicking me in the arse, that was totally something on my bucket list.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 24th, 2013 at 10:21pm
I posted this in the Band WAYT when I found out a few days ago, but I still feel this way so I'll repost it here.

whipstickagostop;:
i'm fine with them breaking up, if just a little sad.
they gave me nearly a decade of wonderful times, and i definitely wouldn't be who i am today had it not been for them.
i wouldn't have met you guys, for one thing.
they made middle school so much easier for me to get through, and i wouldn't have discovered mindless self indulgence or the birthday massacre without them.
so for them simply existing i'm thankful. i'm sure some of the guys will do other projects that people will love just as much.
i'm glad i got to see them live, i'm glad i got to meet some of the members.
i'm also glad i had moved on before this moment came as well which i suppose makes it all the more easier for me to deal with.
if the only thing i feel about this is "just a bit sad" then that's great.

On a side note, the things their first drummer Matt Pelissier has said about the break up have been a bit... ugly, to say the least. Take a look for yourself if you want. Smile
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
March 24th, 2013 at 10:33pm
I was sick with the flu in May 2006 when I first heard an MCR song,and I got sick with a cold on the day they announced their breakup.Wierd.

I haven't been following MCR news for a while now,but weren't they going to release a new album this year?

RIP My Chemical Romance.Although I didn't like Danger Days that much,I still consider you guys to be my favorite band.I hope all of you have happy lives,and maybe get back together in the near future. Smile
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
March 24th, 2013 at 10:57pm
Wow that was beautiful, I guess we just needed to wait.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2013 at 11:07pm
Just going to put this here from a previous discussion.

Veritas Aequitas:
After reading what Gerard wrote though, I definitely think there was something much deeper throughout the band that drove them to call it quits.
Mikey's thing might have contributed, but it definitely wasn't the cause, or the final push.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 24th, 2013 at 11:32pm
whipstickagostop;:

On a side note, the things their first drummer Matt Pelissier has said about the break up have been a bit... ugly, to say the least. Take a look for yourself if you want. Smile

Ugh, I'm sorry, but reading those posts shows how immature he is. Whether he was hurt by the band or not, he should be an adult and not cry to any fans about what happened between him and MCR.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 24th, 2013 at 11:43pm
tarasaurus rex!:
whipstickagostop;:

Ugh, I'm sorry, but reading those posts shows how immature he is. Whether he was hurt by the band or not, he should be an adult and not cry to any fans about what happened between him and MCR.

Yes but also feel like we got a bit of a jaded version from the other members. But I agree it's time he moved on from his... intense dislike for the guys...
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 24th, 2013 at 11:47pm
Veritas Aequitas:
Just going to put this here from a previous discussion.

Veritas Aequitas:
After reading what Gerard wrote though, I definitely think there was something much deeper throughout the band that drove them to call it quits.
Mikey's thing might have contributed, but it definitely wasn't the cause, or the final push.

To me it sounds like that something changed, at least with in Gerard, and for some reason his heart wasn't in it anymore. Maybe they all felt a little stagnant, like the passion was gone, and they tried to light the fire again and just couldn't. Simply this band had run it's corse for them.

As for me I'm having an all night pity party eating ice cream and watching kiddie movies. Always helps me when shit hits the fan. And My Chem saying good bye is shit hitting the fan for me. -sigh-
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 25th, 2013 at 12:10am
Tickle Me Sara:
tarasaurus rex!:
whipstickagostop;:

Yes but also feel like we got a bit of a jaded version from the other members. But I agree it's time he moved on from his... intense dislike for the guys...

Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll never know what really happened, but I wish Matt would handle it better. He said he doesn't care but he is making a fool of himself putting so much effort into his keyboard...haha