Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Romance Break Up

AuthorMessage
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 25th, 2013 at 12:12am
Tickle Me Sara:

As for me I'm having an all night pity party eating ice cream and watching kiddie movies. Always helps me when shit hits the fan. And My Chem saying good bye is shit hitting the fan for me. -sigh-

I know exactly how you feel, omgosh. Haha, the night I found out it was my birthday (well technically because I found out at 3:00AM) and I was up until 6 looking for answers and just being upset. Then when I woke up I thought I had dreamt it but got re-upset all over again and I felt so mopey all day.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 25th, 2013 at 12:36am
tarasaurus rex!:

Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll never know what really happened, but I wish Matt would handle it better. He said he doesn't care but he is making a fool of himself putting so much effort into his keyboard...haha

I personally like Bobs response on instagram... making light of the whole thing -sad smile-
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 25th, 2013 at 12:46am
What did he say?? I went to his account but didn't see anything....I could possibly be blind too. Lol
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 25th, 2013 at 12:49am
He posted a picture of his all his drum sets from my chem saying "Wait... so is all this junk worth more or less now?"
sadness
Killjoy
sadness
March 25th, 2013 at 09:25am
when i finally stopedd crying in my shower i wrote a letter to kerrang! about it. the taught us to keep running yet they've stopped running . I've never even seen them live :/
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 25th, 2013 at 10:08am
Tickle Me Sara:
He posted a picture of his all his drum sets from my chem saying "Wait... so is all this junk worth more or less now?"

hahaha awww, He just sold his drums from the Desolation Row for just $500! And his black parade ones before that. I want to own a set although I don't play drums.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 25th, 2013 at 12:05pm
okay, this really pisses me off

People are petitioning for a farewell tour. I just don't get it. I mean I do. I understand the desire to see them one more time. But if Gerard's letter is any indication, doing a farewell tour would be such a horrible idea. No one's hearts would be in it, which would result in an un-enjoyable show. And that's a best case scenario.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
March 25th, 2013 at 12:32pm
I'm in a total and complete state of disbelief right now. I can't even process that this has happened. I just literally can't believe it.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
March 25th, 2013 at 01:05pm
Okay, maybe someone already pointed this out but I don't know because I didn't read all of the posts here yet. BUT:
When Frank announced Conventional Weapons in (September?), he said how the thought of the band ending was "A harsh pill to swallow," so how could he also be wanting to do solo projects and be out of MCR for good that quickly?
I agree with the rumors about them just taking off some time to be with their kids and wives and then coming back a few years down the road.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
March 25th, 2013 at 01:47pm
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
March 25th, 2013 at 07:20pm
I'm heartbroken. Like I want to believe that they would come back but, I dunno.... I just have this gut feeling they won't. Gerard's letter was beautiful and he sounded resigned to it being the end of that era. I hope more than anything that I'm proved wrong. I just can't bear to get my hopes up
Poopsie
Shotgun Sinner
Poopsie
March 25th, 2013 at 09:02pm

This is the first time I logged in a long time. I felt like this was the appropriate place to mourn the break up with others who are going through the same heartbreak. I first heard these guys when I was 12, and I do believe they are a strong influence on the individual I am today. I'm so disappointed that they called it quits, but I'm also thankful that I have had the opportunity to experience what they offered.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 25th, 2013 at 10:51pm
Epic Failure:
Okay, maybe someone already pointed this out but I don't know because I didn't read all of the posts here yet. BUT:
When Frank announced Conventional Weapons in (September?), he said how the thought of the band ending was "A harsh pill to swallow," so how could he also be wanting to do solo projects and be out of MCR for good that quickly?
I agree with the rumors about them just taking off some time to be with their kids and wives and then coming back a few years down the road.

I have a feeling that even then the guys new that My Chem ending was on the table giving what Gerard said he went through after that last concert. And Frank's always had side project lined up when My Chem wasn't doing anything it's nothing new and I also feel like that this decision was probably made within this past month and they finally announced Friday, giving Frank time to put his full focus on other bands and projects.
And with what Gerard said about going into a downward spiral about the band fighting a against a voice that was telling him he clearly needed out of the band. He seemed to be feeling suffocated by it, I believe that the end of the band goes far beyond wanting to spend time with their families and focus on other aspects of their live. Though there is always, I believe to be small, that they will be form. But if that ever does happen I believe it will be 5 years or more.
SweetRevenge1992
Salute You in Your Grave
SweetRevenge1992
March 26th, 2013 at 12:11am
Not sure what to even say haha upset, yet so grateful. For the past nine years of my life the guys (especially Gerard, his story speaks to me on so many levels) have been such an inspiration to me <3
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 26th, 2013 at 12:57am
Listening to "The Light Behind Your Eyes" now and it really sounds like My Chem's goodbye song to the fans. And seeing as it was included in their last releases I have come to believe that on some level that was the intention of the song all along.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
March 26th, 2013 at 03:54am
Veritas Aequitas:
I don't like this, although I get it now, and I got a little emotional
but I'm glad he addressed it, and took the time to do so. Hell, it took him two days to figure out what to say.

Although am I the only one who got thrown by what he was trying to say a few times?

Yeah I was a bit confused at some points while reading his letter. The part about meeting up with that guy to get the amp he brought from him seemed pretty irrelevant, and I still don't really get the part about the bird. But I'm glad that Gerard took the time to write out that long letter, it was the sort of goodbye I always imagined they would leave us with.

As heartbroken as I am, its good that they finished on a high note and on their own terms, rather than being forced to stop by their record label because of low ticket or album sales or something. I also feel very fortunate to have seen them live twice, the first time being the very first concert I ever went to when I was 16. That was pretty special.

Fabulous Killjoy.:
ps - I love speculations, it reminds me of the good ole days with TBP and Eliza Cutz and the beginnings of Lyn-Z and Gerard, etc. Too bad it's for a sad situation Sad

Elizagate! Those were the good old days. What year was that? like 2009 or something?
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
March 26th, 2013 at 05:52am
Also...is anyone else worried about Gerard? In his letter he talks of old habits, and when he'd done enough self destruction he came out 'clean.' Clean has connotations that I do not like very much. Does anyone else share the same concerns?
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
March 26th, 2013 at 01:10pm
Tickle Me Sara:
Listening to "The Light Behind Your Eyes" now and it really sounds like My Chem's goodbye song to the fans. And seeing as it was included in their last releases I have come to believe that on some level that was the intention of the song all along.
wasn't that song made for bandit though
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 26th, 2013 at 02:48pm
earth2themorgue:

Fabulous Killjoy.:
ps - I love speculations, it reminds me of the good ole days with TBP and Eliza Cutz and the beginnings of Lyn-Z and Gerard, etc. Too bad it's for a sad situation Sad

Elizagate! Those were the good old days. What year was that? like 2009 or something?

2007/8

Soooooo long ago
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 26th, 2013 at 04:04pm
Jenga.:
Tickle Me Sara:
wasn't that song made for bandit though

I think so. But it really sounds like a farewell to the fans as well.