Don't have an account? Create one!

Health and Fitness Thread

AuthorMessage
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
January 18th, 2015 at 10:04pm
I'm trying to eat really well during the week because on the weekends it all goes to hell.
Mostly because i make random shit to eat
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 18th, 2015 at 11:07pm
I had a cheat day today despite not wanting one. I had to work early so I didn't have time to cook anything. I tried to eat everything in moderation though that way it wouldn't set me too far back.
If I have cheat days they'll most likely be Sundays.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 19th, 2015 at 12:01am
I had a bad weekend too.
between girls night out last night. and the baptism/family party today, yeah it wasn't good
not terrible, all things considering
but not where I wanted to be as far as calories go
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 19th, 2015 at 09:36pm
Fyi, trampoline parks... fantastic way to burn calories
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 20th, 2015 at 01:04am
I wish we had one here! I've been wanting to go to one forever.

Since I didn't track my calories yesterday, it was a little difficult for me to open MFP today and start doing it again. But damn, it helps so much. You seriously don't realize how much bullshit you eat until you start keeping track of it.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 20th, 2015 at 07:59am
I know. I finally put the app on my phone and used the barcode scanner instead of trying to search for my food
and I put in my breakfast and lunch for today and it added up a little faster than I realized.
Especially since my can of soup almost puts me over my allotted sodium for the day
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
January 20th, 2015 at 09:15am
I finally bought a scale last night and it turns out I'm actually fourteen pounds less than what i thought i was.
I got sort of excited about that. I also tried looking for a measuring tape thing but haven't been able to find one.
Does anyone know where i can get one?

beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 20th, 2015 at 10:05am
Try a craft store. Like Joann fabrics or Michaels. Anywhere you can buy sewing material. Even Wal-Mart should have some if they have a sewing section

That's how I bought mine.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 20th, 2015 at 11:08am
Just to see if my changes would mean anything, I checked the calorie totals for the snacks I would eat before I gave them up.
Popcorn with butter is surprisingly low.
I feel like giving it up isn't going to help at all now
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 20th, 2015 at 08:15pm
Feel like I'm about to have a fucking mental breakdown over what to have for dinner if I should even eat at all.
How do people do this
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 20th, 2015 at 10:02pm
Just came across this article on intuitive eating. I hadn't ever heard of it before but it's a very interesting approach to being healthy vs. just losing weight.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 22nd, 2015 at 09:09pm
I don't know how to do this.
I'm putting together food in the app, and like, I chose rice and chicken nuggets and they're the healthy kind
and it's more calories than a can of soup, but less sodium.

And I was thinking, maybe I could have french toast tonight. I even bought eggs.
but stupid bread is like a land mine of calories.

And supposedly I burned off like 800 calories in class tonight, but idk how accurate they're "Brazilian jiu jitsu" listing is.

So I'm literally sitting on the kitchen floor trying to figure out how to food
and what I should have for dinner
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 23rd, 2015 at 12:57am
So, the other day I took a picture and compared it to a pic at the same angle and everything taken April 2014. I was so amazed at my progress and felt really good about it.
But today... I had a bad day. I overate, and I ate like shit. My family eats like shit. I ran out of my own food and I have no money at all. So I didn't have much of a choice in terms of what I was eating, but I could have most definitely disciplined myself better. It wasn't even a detrimental amount, I ate one more slice of pizza that I shouldn't have eaten, putting me a little over 200 calories of my limit. My BMR is about 1400-1500 but I eat 1200 calories a day to create a deficit. So I didn't go over my BMR but I still feel like shit about it.
I'm trying to be positive and remind myself that one bad day isn't going to fuck everything up, just like one good day isn't going to fix everything.
But I'm going to do some cardio before I go to bed tonight and I'm going to work out tomorrow. I've been meaning to start working out more anyway.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 23rd, 2015 at 01:45am
debating on whether or not I want to go out tomorrow.
if I do, I'll probably go over my calorie limit
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 23rd, 2015 at 12:22pm
Read this quote this morning and I really needed it:

"If you focus on the result, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 24th, 2015 at 02:34am
I worked out tonight! It's been a while. I did some cardio and Pilates, and some hardcore stretching. I'm pretty flexible but it's been so long since I've done intense stretching like that that my hamstrings are SO TIGHT! Anyway it was probably a total of 40 minutes and I always feel great after I exercise. I love it, it's just getting up and actually doing it that's hard sometimes.

Another quote I found:

"It's a slow process. Don't make it slower by quitting."
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 24th, 2015 at 07:46am
My favorite exercise related quote:

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't."
rolling on floor

But it's true. After a good class, I feel awesome
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
January 24th, 2015 at 10:25pm
I just realized I gained all the weight I had lost. I'm gonna have to join you guys. I'm so big again.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
January 24th, 2015 at 11:16pm
20 minutes of biking, 30 sit ups, and four core exercises. about thirty minutes.
ill also eat less/better tomorrow. i ruined today by eating a whole bag of m&ms
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 25th, 2015 at 11:44am
I think I'm losing weight but I'm not sure if it's the scale just shifting
So I'm going to wait another week or two before I record any change