Don't have an account? Create one!

Health and Fitness Thread

AuthorMessage
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
January 25th, 2015 at 03:18pm
i tried on new pants today and i no longer fit in a 14. i went back up to a 16 after i worked so damn hard to get to 14. im so pissed.
thank god i started working out again.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 25th, 2015 at 03:50pm
My phone has a built in pedometer that automatically syncs to MFP and converts them to how many calories I've burned. Last weekend I worked a double and took about 12,000 steps which was like a shit ton of calories. I'm working a double today and I'm just halfway through with about 6,000 steps so we'll see how much I burn at the end of the night.
Also sometimes at work it's a little hard to eat completely healthy. I mean it's not THAT hard but it's just a little more effort to get some veggies or something rather than bread or left over food. So anyway I just ate a healthy work lunch for free so I'm pretty happy with that.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 25th, 2015 at 05:26pm
so I passed a girlscout cookie stand today and thankfully I didn't have any cash on me or I totally would have ended up buying some
instead I went to five below and bought a fitness mat so I can stop using "the floor is too hard" as an excuse as to why I won't do push ups or sits ups, or practice bjj drills. it's one of those connecting ones, like a puzzle. I have four, but I might need two more.
and I got a resistance band, so that'll help too I'm sure.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 25th, 2015 at 05:27pm
also, my dad bought me chinese food tonight just to be nice, so I guess I'll end up fucking up calorie wise today, but maybe I can work that off later.
but I also figure, I've been a few hundred calories under my goal all week. so maybe today I can afford to go a little over, as long as it's just today, right?
and at least I'll be going over on chicken, rather than like, soda or sweets or something
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 25th, 2015 at 10:35pm
You could always only eat a portion of it, Becca. You could eat half of it today and save the rest for later that way you don't go too overboard. I usually do that with something like Chinese food when I'm not sure of the calories.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 25th, 2015 at 10:36pm
Also, I took almost 15,000 steps today at work, burning about 266 calories. And I had a healthy dinner too. Yay!
I'm not going to work out today because I don't think I can move any part of my body right now lol
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 25th, 2015 at 10:38pm
I ate all the chicken, but only half of the rice.
and I already had leftover rice in the fridge, so now I just have a lot of leftover rice.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
January 26th, 2015 at 11:06am
I fucked up last night too. I wasn't supposed to eat at work, but ended up being really hungry and made a small pizza and ate it all. :/
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 26th, 2015 at 04:26pm
again I ate crap today, because my dad bought me lunch for helping him pick up a car.
but I also convinced him to take me to the gym as a guest and I spent 45 minutes on the elliptical. which is good since I'm skipping class tonight due to the impending weather.

hopefully I can go to class tomorrow night.

but yeah, tonight, I'm going to make a chicken/pasta/cheese salad. that'll hopefully be good
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 26th, 2015 at 07:38pm
Last night at work I had a lady at my table. She was really tiny but pretty damn muscular, you could tell she was into fitness. She also had a FitBit and she ordered everything super healthy (no butter, no salad dressing, etc). Anyway there was a table right next to hers of 2 girls who ordered all the deep fried shit. Like cheese fries, fried shrimp, onion rings, etc as their entrees. I was talking to the fit lady and she was like "I'm sorry, I'm staring at their food because that's what I really want! But I can't have it right now!"
and I got to talking to her a little bit and I ended up telling her that I had been counting my calories obsessively for a little while. And she said "Don't stop. It will pay off. I promise you. I promise you it will." and she told me to make sure I was drinking a shit ton of water.
It was really awesome to hear that from a complete stranger. Someone whose body is what I'm striving for and I know it's achievable (I'm really short and just tiny in general--just overweight and she was tiny and short too. What I imagine my body looking like if I didn't have this layer of fat on it). But it really motivated me and made my night. And I can't stop thinking about it today.

Also I lost another half inch off my waist, holla
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 26th, 2015 at 10:36pm
I think I lost 5lbs. I'm afraid to admit to it because I'm afraid it might be my scale shifting or something. so I don't want to record it until another week or so.

so I guess this is paying off maybe? Hopefully these habit changes will stick and become good habits, and hopefully my body won't adjust to them and hold onto my weight.
but what sucks is that I put together one of my favorite meals tonight, a salad with chicken, and cheese, and pasta, and it's a fuck ton more calories than I thought it would be. mostly the pasta and the cheese. so idk. I'm still under my goal for the night, but that was a 600 calorie meal. wtf
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 26th, 2015 at 10:37pm
But I'm hoping that if I can continue to do well, maybe I can treat myself on valentines day. idk what, but just something I wouldn't normally have
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 26th, 2015 at 11:36pm
That's great, Becca! Don't get discouraged, just find healthy replacements for some of the ingredients.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 26th, 2015 at 11:38pm
I think I'm likely not eating enough calories, so I've switched to eating 1450 a day instead of 1200. We'll see how it goes.

Also this is an awesome website.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 27th, 2015 at 07:39am
Ugh, I got on the scale again today and it went up from yesterday. This is why they tell you not to weigh yourself everyday, huh?
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 27th, 2015 at 05:53pm
I just worked out for about 40 minutes total. 30ish cardio and the rest Pilates. I love love love Pilates but I'm making myself do some cardio to get conditioned to it.
Also, I've been wanting Quest protein bars for fucking ever but they're really expensive. Well I went to GNC today and they were having a sale so I got a box of 12.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 27th, 2015 at 10:47pm
Y'all know I'm a big follower of Blogilates and the month of February she's going a Dietbet.
Basically you sign up, weigh in (you have to have a scale though because you have to send a pic of the scale or something) and you bet $30 that you can lose 4% of your body weight in a month. If you do, you get your $30 plus part of the pot. So you like double your money. She explains it better in this video towards the end.
I've never done one before but I think I'm gonna do it! I don't have a scale though, so I'll either need to buy one or maybe use my grandma's since I go to her house every day anyway. Y'all should think about it doing it! Put up $30 and get $60 back if you lose the weight!
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 27th, 2015 at 11:10pm
I don't think my body is that reliable
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
January 28th, 2015 at 07:50am
I'm definitely going to have to buy a new scale though. I don't think the dial scale is accurate. Just today when I liked at it, it was already displaying weight despite nothing on it and I had to readjust it.

Either that or I gained five pounds in one day
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 29th, 2015 at 03:44pm
My great aunt just stopped by my house. I haven't seen her since at least November and the first thing she said after we said hi was "you've lost weight!"

Omg, it made me so happy. I'm glad that other people can see it. It's hard for my immediate family to say anything because they see me all the time. But it was great.