Don't have an account? Create one!

Health and Fitness Thread

AuthorMessage
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
February 27th, 2015 at 09:49am
I would offer suggestions on how to cut weight for it if you're that close, but I don't fully understand it myself. I wouldn't for more than a pound or two anyway.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
February 27th, 2015 at 06:24pm
Yeah I don't think there's too much I can do for the bloating other than drinking a lot of water and green tea. I've cut my calories by 100 for the past few days in hopes of that helping.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
February 27th, 2015 at 08:48pm
but at the very least, even if you don't meet your goal, you still made a difference and I'm proud of you hollie
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
February 28th, 2015 at 01:59pm
Thank you! That's how I'm trying to look at it. I've lost at least 5 pounds officially
This morning I weighed myself and I had hit my goal of losing 7 pounds, I just need to keep it off for like 3 more days
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 4th, 2015 at 03:19pm
Well I still have little will power with vending machines if I have the cash for them
but on the plus side, in past two days I went to them, I only ate half the bag of pretzels yesterday. And the small bag I bought today I divided up into three so I can eat more another day instead of messing up my goal.
I'm getting a little smarter here.

I've had some missteps at the end of February, but here's to hoping I can get back on track before I start to regain what I lost
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 7th, 2015 at 07:34pm
Hollie have I thanked you for introducing me to blogilates? Because I'm so glad you did. I haven't been this consistent in cardio on non-training days ever. And i was just doing avideo, sweating, bbreathing hard, and thinking about how glad I am that I'm doing something
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
March 8th, 2015 at 01:09am
Night Fury:
Hollie have I thanked you for introducing me to blogilates? Because I'm so glad you did. I haven't been this consistent in cardio on non-training days ever. And i was just doing avideo, sweating, bbreathing hard, and thinking about how glad I am that I'm doing something
Omg no but I'm SO GLAD that you feel that way. I absolutely love Cassey. She really introduced me to fitness and a healthy lifestyle. She's honestly changed my life.
I'm so happy that you're into it <333
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
March 8th, 2015 at 01:11am
I hit the 20 pounds mark the other day. It's awesome but it doesn't even feel real. But I know it is because my clothes are too big for me. I upped my calories to 1500 which is good because i'm still creating a deficit of 3500 a week which is what I need to do to lose a pound a week. I restricted them a lot last month since I needed to lose more than that for the dietbet.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 8th, 2015 at 09:06am
That's great hollie! I'm at 10 right now, 15 if you count the fact that my scale was off the first time I weighed myself and mfp wouldn't let me fix it.
but I'm hoping to be at 20 by the end of march
and I want to be down 50 by November
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 14th, 2015 at 08:02am
Wow, I saw a number on the scale yesterday that I never thought I'd see.
of course I undid it with my cheat meal

Tell me that won't last long
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 14th, 2015 at 11:42am
Idt I lost poundage, but I did try on all my capris and shorts and seriously none of them fit. I'm so excited.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
March 14th, 2015 at 09:47pm
Today's my brother's birthday, so obviously there was cake and ice cream and also pizza. I knew I was going to eat like shit but damn. I ate 5 pieces of pizza and 2 servings of cake and ice cream. I feel and look like I'm pregnant.
I've also been feeling so unmotivated lately. I've still been working out but not quite giving it my all and I haven't been as strict with my food as I usually am. I'm losing my momentum but I WILL NOT give up. My great-grandmother told me today that I was "really shedding those pounds" and that felt sooo good. I've tried so many times to lose weight and I've never gotten so far that other people are noticing changes in my body. It feels so good.
But I need that momentum back.
Anyway, I'm not down on myself for eating so much. It happened, I still worked out this morning, and tomorrow I'll get back on track with my normal eating habits. I also did Blogilates's food baby workout which is a really tough one and I always avoid it.
And I noticed that all the jeans and jeggings I wear almost every day are too big to be worn without a belt.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 15th, 2015 at 08:55am
I feel you hollie. It's been really hard keeping my motivation lately too. And I've been hovering around the same weight for the past 2-3 weeks so it's like it feels like nothing'sgoing to work anyway. So we have to push ourselves I guess.

I'm hoping to buy a ninja blender soon once I get enough money and get into drinking smoothies. I don't want to get into those crazy diets where I drink them and only then for a week straight, but idk, maybe just weekends or something, right after my cheat day/meal
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 16th, 2015 at 10:06pm
I didn't eat much yesterday or today
and I got on the scale today and cursed it out because I refuse to believe I was losing that much weight in two days.
it won't last I'm sure, but it was nice to look at
cricket.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
cricket.
March 20th, 2015 at 01:59pm
veritas aequitas:
I'm hoping to buy a ninja blender soon once I get enough money and get into drinking smoothies. I don't want to get into those crazy diets where I drink them and only then for a week straight, but idk, maybe just weekends or something, right after my cheat day/meal

jumping right in, but if you buy some sort of protein powder to add to your smoothie it'll help you feel fuller longer. I'm sure you already know that, but I'll have to do some research on low cal ones. I'll let you know what I find if you're interested??
cricket.
cricket.
March 20th, 2015 at 02:07pm

also while I'm in this thread, I have a tip on how I lost 10 pounds...... I'm trying to lose more so I have to watch what I eat better in addition to this. anyways I personally tend to eat out of boredom and random cravings (usually for something sugary). I've found the answer to that for me was chewing gum. I bought a bunch of different flavors and I keep all the packets in a jar in my kitchen, so when I wander into my kitchen when bored and I'm tempted to eat junk the gum is right there in my face. it still takes a lot of willpower to chew gum instead of actually eating, but it does take off the edge for me.

if the gum doesn't help my backup plan is to eat a very small amount of fruit. just enough to make the craving not as bad, because mine are usually for sweet things. ever since I've been sticking to it, however, the gum has been working for me.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 21st, 2015 at 10:50am
I would do the gum thing but I can't stand gum. For whatever reason I hate chewing it.
But I'm trying to do the drink water when you're bored-hungry because supposedly that means you're thirsty. But I've been forgetting lately so I have to try that again.

And yeah if you find anything leila let me know. Right now I'm focused on inexpensive smoothies though so idk what you'll find
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
March 23rd, 2015 at 12:08am
Yeah I keep gum around sometimes to help with sweet cravings, I find it helps! I don't really like gum but it definitely makes me forget about whatever I was craving.
cricket.
cricket.
March 23rd, 2015 at 01:58pm
veritas aequitas:
And yeah if you find anything leila let me know. Right now I'm focused on inexpensive smoothies though so idk what you'll find

I know a lot of people I work with do the protein powder thing, and we're all broke so I don't think they're buying anything that expensive lol. I'll ask them tomorrow when I work. Smiley
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2015 at 12:36am
my brother in law gave me some brewer's yeast yesterday for me to add to my smoothies
it's supposed to have more protein and make them more filling. don't know if it worked on the one I had this morning but at least it was something to try