Don't have an account? Create one!

Health and Fitness Thread

AuthorMessage
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2015 at 08:25pm
Is it possible that my pants are fitting better? My work pants felt loose when I sucked it in today. Usually when I suck it in they're still tight.

And my gi pants... wow, the sides are split at the hips, and they never closed arounf my hips before and now they just about are. And there's more drawstring available to tie them on. I didn't think this would happen
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 24th, 2015 at 08:27pm
And that to me is a really good gauge too because I've been wearing this gi for two years and they never fit like this before.
and they shrunk in those two years. Wow
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
March 26th, 2015 at 12:41am
That's rally great, Becca! Keep it up!!!

So I started doing Couch to 5K. I'm did week 1 day 2 today. Damn it's hard. I like working out but I usually do strength training. This is intense cardio (I mean I guess it's not that intense but I hate cardio) and it's really difficult. But I feel so great when it's over!
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 29th, 2015 at 11:40am
So this week felt like I made no progress, or like any progress I made instantly disappeared.
just from one cheat meal. idk how that happened.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 30th, 2015 at 03:10pm
hey so I found a food scale at walmart for $5.
it's really cheaply made, and only holds about 2lbs, but it'll do what I need it to do, so that'll make measuring out my meals much easier

and I bought some more tupperware because the kind I have wasn't working. but I put some premade salads in there. Just two for now because I ate one of them for lunch
but you know, I always made salads super unhealthy by adding things like pasta and cheese. so I instead used sunflower seeds and dried cranberries (with reduced sugar) and it tastes pretty good. I'm proud of myself for that, I hope I can keep it up. now at least two days this week, I can come home to an already made meal that I can just pull out of the fridge and eat without cooking or deciding on going to wawa instead or something
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
April 2nd, 2015 at 01:50am
That's awesome Becca, I'll have to check out some kitchen scales when I have the extra funds. I've been wanting one for a while.

So I started C25K last week, and I got through week one. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do it this week because of a few different reasons that aren't super important but whatever. I didn't work out for about 5 days and I also went over my calories for those 5 days. Damn I can see and feel it too. The past couple days my body image has been AWFUL. I actually sat and cried about it today because I just felt so disgusting and ugly.
But I'm not going to let it get the best of me and I'm not quitting. So I got my shit together and ate within my calories today and I had a pretty good workout.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
April 2nd, 2015 at 09:07am
I know I'd react the same way as you, but, the fact that you recognize you don't like how you feel is good. You can take those few days off, and use them as motivation to get back on track
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
April 4th, 2015 at 09:44am
Even though I was under my calories Wednesday and Thursday, somehow my cheat day yesterday caused my weight to go up like three pounds.
And I'm going out for lunch on Sunday, so that's going top be tough too.
I know I can start fresh on Monday, and do a good job today, but it's a little disappointing to face a setback like this
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
April 14th, 2015 at 03:15pm
Posting because I don't want this thread to die

I have got to start losing weight again this week. I did last week but my cheat day went too far overboard. And I've had too many days where I came to close to my calorie goal, so I've really just been staying steady. Which is good that I'm not drastically gaining Mack weight, but I've had a taste of weight lost and I want to keep it up.

I just bought a jacket I used to have, and I gave it up because I couldn't zip it up well. That's going to be a physical goal I can work towards. Now watch, one day I'll lose so much weight it'll be too big. rolling on floor
I don't think I'm built that way though
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
April 14th, 2015 at 03:16pm
And I've decided this week my cheat meal is going to be like so much lighter than usual
I've planned out all my dinners this week
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
April 20th, 2015 at 01:36pm
So I'm finally at the weight I lied about on my passport. It feels good, but it's not where I want to be. I've lost a total of 26 pounds and 2 pant sizes so far.
I haven't really been working out. I don't have any excuse, I just haven't felt like it tbh. I know it would make me feel better if I got back on a regimen like I was before. But I am still losing weight through calorie counting. My goal is to lose 5 more pounds by the 1st of may. I'm pretty sure I can do it, and once I hit that weight (even if it's after May 1st) I'm treating myself to the new Sims 4 expansion pack and 2 pairs of shoes. I can't wait!
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
April 24th, 2015 at 09:26am
So I'm definitely starting to see a change in the way my clothes fit. It's subtle, but I can tell some things are falling differently. (What's annoying is there's more of a change in my thighs than my waist but Que sera.)

So I had my bjj friend tell me she wants us to go shopping after I hit my first goal. And itmade me think, damn, I really want to lose weight, but I do have quite a few pieces of clothing I would hate to never be able to wear again. Good problem to have though. I just hope I can take some of them in
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
April 24th, 2015 at 01:34pm
That's great, Becca! I feel you on that. It's the best problem to have, but at the same time, I can't afford a new wardrobe lol. I'm going to check some thrift shops soon while I'm still losing.

I'm in the 150s now. I haven't been in the 150s since junior high probably. Mr. Green
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
April 24th, 2015 at 03:07pm
I honestly don't remember the last time I weighed this low. The last time I paid attention was before my sister's wedding. I was lower than when I started this year then, but higher than I am now. Before that I can't remember. I just know I lied on my graduation gotten order form. And that lie my current goal.

And I don't know if you've noticed but I'm not divulging my weight until I reach my November goal. I'll feel more comfortable saying it after I can say "but I've lost x lbs".
I'll get there though.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
April 24th, 2015 at 03:26pm
Yeah I totally get that.

The highest weight I was ever at was when I was 10/11. I was getting kinda close to that weight back in November which is when I started changing my lifestyle because I hated it.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
April 30th, 2015 at 08:01am
Well this week certainly isn't going as planned.
This would be so much easier if I didn't like food
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
May 8th, 2015 at 09:16am
Random related thought for the day: So I have this shirt in my closet that I love. And for that I never wear it. Like I was always saving it for a date or girls night out or something. Because I like the way it looks on me.
But now I'm losing weight, so I have to wear it now beforr it gets too big.

Ironically, when I first bought it, it was too small and I had to exchange it for a larger one. Imagine if I hadn't.
cricket.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
cricket.
May 13th, 2015 at 10:35am

gotta question for y'all who like to hang out in this thread- I got into a fight with my dad last night about what I eat. I'm trying to lose weight (obvi) but last night my mom came home with a special dessert. my plan was to have a really small piece of it (and I did, I had like maybe 3 or 4 bites worth) and I felt ok about it since I went to the gym twice that day and worked out harder than I usually do. but then my dad went on this huge rant about how one small piece would erase all the work I did. it got really ugly and idk maybe he's not wrong but I know I can't quit cold turkey. I know myself. I can't do it.

anyways, my question is how do you guys think I should ease into cutting back on junk?? like what works for y'all and stuff.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
May 13th, 2015 at 04:31pm
Honestly if I feel like I NEED it I just work it into my calories. I just remember that it'll satisfy a craving but I'll likely still be hungry and have to deal with it. And I give myself one meal a week to eat badly if I need it. Sometimes I feel like I don't need to, but if I feel like I need a blizzard from Dairy Queen or I'm going to lose my fucking mind I'll just plan to have it on a certain day and not worry about calories or anything for that one thing.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
May 15th, 2015 at 01:54pm
Basically what hollie said. One meal won't undo everything. But really it's just a matter of knowing how much you're putting into your body and how much you're working off. If you assume too much, it's easy to get it wrong, so keeping track really helps. Since I've started losing weight, I've had a day every week where i stop caring and I've still list 25 lbs.
Just last night I ate two chocolate bars and a hoagie, and it didn't hurt never I knew I had the space to allow them