Don't have an account? Create one!

Health and Fitness Thread

AuthorMessage
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
May 20th, 2015 at 06:45pm
I did a full workout today for the first time since March & I feel so good! I'm going to Florida a month from today so I'm going to try to keep it up till then and get in shape a bit.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
May 23rd, 2015 at 10:18pm
decided to measure my waist for the first time since I started trying to lose weight. I lost 3 inches. I'm kind of in shock because I wasn't sure what would happen. I usually suck in my stomach all the time, so I figured I wasn't going to have much progress there, but 3 inches. I'm kind of loving that.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
May 28th, 2015 at 10:50am
So I adjusted these pants a while back because the hooks were pulling out of the material. I put a button on them and made them looser.
Well, now they would fit had I not fixed them. Crazy how that happens
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
June 7th, 2015 at 10:13pm
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put this, but it's something I was thinking about

Being overweight, I tend to wonder what it must look like to other people when I buy food, or when I'm standing in line by myself at Dairy Queen, or when I'm at the drive thru. Not that it would stop me, I'll do what I want. But I'd wonder.

And now, I'm 30 pounds lighter. I've changed a lot of my eating habits. The people that know me have seen the difference and have expressed pride in what I've done. But, I'm still overweight, and I can decide to have my treat and go get myself a cheesesteak or something, and in my head I'm like "yeah! I deserve this one today." But then I think... I still look overweight, and the person behind the counter doesn't know how well I've been doing and probably still sees this chunky girl eating crappy food.

It doesn't stop me... I do what I want. It's just and interesting thought, and I wonder if I'll get to a point where I'll stop wondering.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
June 9th, 2015 at 08:40pm
Becca, I feel the EXACT same way. I watched a really good Ted talk on this one time. I have it bookmarked on my computer but I don't have access to it right now so I'll link you if I can remember. But basically yeah I can't phrase it any better than you did. Exact same feelings about that.

So my grandpa passed away last week. It's been really really tough and obviously the fat kid in me is still there and I eat my feelings. I honestly thought I gained 5-10 pounds during that week, but I weighed myself the other day and I'm still at the exact same weight I was before. So that's good. Idk half the time I feel like I could eat everything in close proximity and the other half of the time my stomach is in knots and the thought of food makes me want to vomit. I don't know if I just wasn't eating as much as I thought I was or what.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
June 11th, 2015 at 10:11am
It's possible the stress of the situation might have been burning it off for you
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
July 11th, 2015 at 04:47pm
here is the video i was talking about. it helped me to know i wasn't alone.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
July 19th, 2015 at 02:40pm
I haven't really made any progress since I got back from vacation. I've started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (day 6 today) and I've been weighing myself every few days but my weight is the same. I think I'm going to just weigh myself once a week while I'm doing this 30 day shred to not get discouraged. I'm eating 1300 calories a day and have been good about staying in that range but I think I may not be drinking enough water.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
August 1st, 2015 at 01:31pm
I think you had posted about intermittent fasting on one of the earlier pages.
I think I'm starting to find benefit to it. At least on the days that I forget to bring lunch to work, or can't afford it. I feel like it's a good reset if I've had a bad couple of days

Although I am hungry right now
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
August 2nd, 2015 at 09:57pm
I wanted to lose a pound this week but I messed up with my calories a few times (being at a friend's house, not wanting to refuse what they made for dinner but not knowing I was going to go over there so I didn't compensate my calories the rest of the day). I still lost half a pound so that's good.
I saw something a few weeks ago about a guy who lost 250 pounds and he said "I lost one pound 250 times." I really like that and I've been thinking about it a lot, it's helping me. My goal is to hit my big goal of 130 by Thanksgiving because that'll be a year of me deciding to lose weight. If I can do that I will have lost 56 pounds. I want to get lower than that, but that's my first big goal. I have 18.5 pounds to go.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
August 2nd, 2015 at 11:24pm
That's great Hollie.
and just take your time. As long as you're being consistent, a few slip up days are just that. Like, I was thinking about this earlier. Do I wish I weighed less than I do now? Of course. But I'm kind of glad it's a slower process because it's easier for me to stay on track. Like, if I made major changes all at once, I think I would have fallen off of these changes a long time ago, but because they're small changes, a little at a time, it's easier to make them permanent.
So it's taken me 7 months to lose 35 lbs. That's 35 lbs I'll never see again.
It is just a pound a time (I saw that thing too) and it's a cool way to think about it.
I'm not looking to lose 65 lbs. I'm looking to lose another lb 65 more times
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
August 3rd, 2015 at 02:31pm
Yeah, I agree! Whenever I get upset that I'm not where I want to be, I ask myself if I would rather still be morbidly obese. Then I'm like HELL NO and I feel better. lol
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
August 4th, 2015 at 12:12am
Just needed to say somewhere that I fucked up this weekend. Just had a little bit too much bread, and I gained 5 lbs in about 2 days.
I know I'll fix it as the week goes on, but it sucks to think, "well if I hadn't gained that weight back, I could have been even lower at the end of the week, not just where I started."
but, it is what it is. I got to eat some bread again, and I'll go back to losing weight.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
August 9th, 2015 at 01:15pm
I fucked up yesterday but I don't feel too guilty about it. I didn't track my calories but I ate nothing but cookies. I'm not sure if I stayed within my TDEE but I probably wasn't too far above it if I didn't. So today I'm eating less calories and I'm dropping my normal calories by another hundred.
I miscalculated my TDEE before so I wasn't eating at a deficit of 500cal per day for 1lb a week weight loss. So now I'm back to eating at 1200 which is what I did for a while when I first started losing weight.
I also calculated my TDEE for my first goal weight (130) and my ultimate goal weight (110) and it looks like 1200 should be a safe bet to continue losing weight. Once I get to 110 I can eat at a maintenance of 1400.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
August 10th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Well, I've gained new motivation for losing weight, and it's seeing all my excess weight on camera.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
August 12th, 2015 at 11:39am
Per mfp, 1200 calories between now and October 10th.
fucking need to do this. I'm not weighing in at cruiser weight again, I'm just not.
It's gonna be middle weight.
And I'm gonna kick ass.
I just have to keep telling myself that. It'll be my motivation
even if I have to legit cut weight that week by dehydrating myself I will
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
August 12th, 2015 at 01:07pm
You can do it Becca! We can motivate each other, my goal is set for November 20th-ish so we're not too far off in timeline. I'm at 1200 till then too (and probably after then tbh). I slipped up yesterday because the only thing I've had an appetite for the past few days is sweets and fats and carbs. Ugh but I mean I don't think I went over 1400 and my TDEE is 1700 so I didn't mess up too badly.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
August 12th, 2015 at 01:22pm
Something I tend to do is not take into consideration calories burned during exercise. So I like to keep myself in that goal whether I've exercised or not as a way to keep me from going over
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
August 13th, 2015 at 05:37pm
I found some pictures of myself from 5 years ago... this morning I took pics to compare to those and HOLY SHIT! I'm not totally comfortable about posting them right now so I'm not going to. But wow. I was heavier at 15 than I was last year when I started losing weight.
Also I hit 150 this morning. The scale wasn't budging for a week or so but I started my period this week and it went down again. I think I read once that the week before your period you hold on to more water weight and once you start it kinda gets flushed out.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
August 14th, 2015 at 02:20pm
Yes That's definitely true. A friend I train with told me she often goes up ten lbs right before her period starts.