Don't have an account? Create one!

Health and Fitness Thread

AuthorMessage
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 09:28pm
Becca, would you be interested in doing like a fall challenge with me? I need someone to hold me accountable. I've been eating like shit and not working out and I feel so bad about it. I need someone to keep me in check.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 7th, 2015 at 09:34pm
depends on what's involved with the challenge
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 09:49pm
I figured we could each have our own goals really but just make sure we're each losing weight and staying on track. Nothing specific really I was thinking like a 10lbs in 10 weeks challenge? I know you're going to Disney in November ish though so we could make it 8 weeks of you wanted. And you could have a different goal or whatever. I was thinking we could weigh in like once a week but you don't have to post your weight, just like "down half a pound" or whatever. And that way we can both reach a certain goal weight within that time period.
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
September 7th, 2015 at 09:56pm
yo, could i jump into this?

/i know you said becca but i'm really wanting to starting putting effort into it. i'm really tired of feeling like shit about myself.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:00pm
YES OF COURSE!!!!!! I just said becca because it's mostly her and I in here lol
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
September 7th, 2015 at 10:01pm
I know, I've become MIA in here, mostly because I've lost motivation but it's slowly coming back.
I need to go back to tracking food and exercising more.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:05pm
You can do it! So I was thinking maybe we could do an 8 week challenge? And we could each have different goals. I want to lose at least 10lbs in those 8 weeks and start working out again.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:06pm
And maybe we can all come up with a reward to ourselves for our incentive? Like a new tattoo, or splurge on a pair of shoes or something.
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
September 7th, 2015 at 10:07pm
That'll work for me. I'm not sure how much weight is actually healthy to lose per week.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:08pm
yeah we could do that. I already have a goal for 200 by October 10th. I've kind of gotten over the sharing my weight thing ever since competing became a thing, so I can post that. It'll probably keep me more on track anyway.

Originally I wanted to be 200 by November, but after that I'm not sure what my goal would be. I just know that if I hit my October goal, I want to go back to 1-1.5 lbs a week instead of 2 because it's less stressful.
So idk when you want to start it specifically, but I could probably try so many lbs in that many weeks.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:09pm
runaway;:
That'll work for me. I'm not sure how much weight is actually healthy to lose per week.

at least according to mfp, 2lbs a week is about the most you can go consistently while remaining healthy.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:09pm
sad savior;:
And maybe we can all come up with a reward to ourselves for our incentive? Like a new tattoo, or splurge on a pair of shoes or something.

I've already told myself I can have pizza and/or cheesecake if I make my October goal
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:12pm
Okay awesome! Well my birthday is this weekend and I know I'll be eating like shit on Friday and Saturday. Maybe we could all weigh in officialy on Sunday? And then go for 8 weeks? And obviously beyond but just as a kickstart and if we all find it helpful we can do another one after.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:24pm
that sounds good. especially since I know my eating on wednesday is going to be up in the air
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:28pm
Sweet. So it'll be Sunday September 13th - Sunday November 8th. Mr. Green
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
September 7th, 2015 at 10:31pm
That will work for me. But I know my eating will be shit on Sunday, only because it's my aunt's birthday dinner and not sure if y'all know how a mexican party goes down. rolling on floor
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:34pm
sad savior;:
Sweet. So it'll be Sunday September 13th - Sunday November 8th. Mr. Green

it ends on my birthday amused
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:36pm
Yay! And it starts the day after mine.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:36pm
runaway;:
That will work for me. But I know my eating will be shit on Sunday, only because it's my aunt's birthday dinner and not sure if y'all know how a mexican party goes down. rolling on floor
That's okay bc I'll be up like 3lbs from all the cake and ice cream
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
September 7th, 2015 at 10:40pm
I know I have a few things I have to build deficits for. Wednesday, obviously, though I'm hoping the concert itself will burn calories
Sunday we have a women's open mat, and there are these amazing bagels there....
next saturday my friend and I are going shopping, so we'll probably eat out somewhere
the saturday after is a bonfire

but I made it through yesterday's labor day dinner, and a blizzard, relatively unscathed, so if I'm smart in all the time between these things, I should be okay.
9 lbs to go in 32 days