Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
MCR4EV
Killjoy
MCR4EV
May 2nd, 2009 at 11:17am
they were on of my sisters favourite bands but my friends like britney etc so i was scared to go against them, then this year i decided to listen to what i want (my granny told me i need to stop trying be like my freinds)
so now i have a bad obsession but im happier for it.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 3rd, 2009 at 12:48am
1. I'm pretty sure I was looking in a magazine and I saw the bandname "My Chemical Romance" and saw their picture. i was 10 years old.
2. I hadn't heard them before, but I liked their bandname. and i had a feeling i would listen to them in time.
3. i don't think it's a bad thing they've gotten mainstream. as long as they don't sell out and become total jerks. like, usually i like it when i hear bands i know on tv every once in a while, like they're popular but not in your face popular, like how the Jonas Brothers are in your face constantly and everyone knows about them. there's quite a few people who've never heard of MCR, but they're music gets played a lot. i like that kind of popularity better.
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
June 4th, 2012 at 06:00pm
I was on youtube, when I noticed a video for the lyrics for "Teenagers" at the top of my "recommended for you" list. I had heard of the band and the song before, but had never listened to them . I clicked on the video and I was instantly impressed and amazed. And I sort of left them alone for a while until something just snapped in my head, that told me I needed this band.
VampireUnicorn
Killjoy
VampireUnicorn
June 22nd, 2012 at 07:08pm
I heard the "WTTBP" in 2009 and loved the crap out of it. Then I looked them up on youtube and I couldn't see any of the vids because of where I lived. I was about 10 and the interest in them just died down. And now about 3 years after, my aunt gave me her laptop to sync my new ipod and then I saw MCR was like, 'These are the guys who that song!'. So I put all the songs on my ipod and one day when the songs were on shuffle i heard 'Famous Last Words' That's when i really looked hard on youtube to get their vids and got semi-obsessed with them .

As for the mainstream thing, it's okay. I kinda never would've heard of them without it.