Don't have an account? Create one!

what dont you like about mcr?

AuthorMessage
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
January 11th, 2011 at 03:08pm
I hate Mikey's bass playing.. Massively.
Every song is pretty much a repitition of 4 or 5 notes.
captain fantastic
Killjoy
captain fantastic
January 12th, 2011 at 09:45pm
Girl_Anachronism:
Maybe it's jut me, but i hate how WTTBP and Teenagers are their singles. I like those songs, but compared to the rest of their album, they're just like 'meh' to me.

I absolutely agree. Their singles are always weak and it makes it hard to defend them to doubting friends. I know this is thread is about what we DON'T like about the band, but I just want to voice a personal frustration:

Does anyone else have trouble finding people that takes this band seriously? Don't get me wrong--I do take them seriously. But i feel like their theatricality (to name one thing) makes it harder for some outsiders to accept/embrace them. At least my friends. Its very frustrating. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just that I have dumb friends?
Negative Creep
Really Not Okay
Negative Creep
January 15th, 2011 at 12:47am
I kind of don't like how they hate TBP now. It was a good album.
captain fantastic
Killjoy
captain fantastic
January 15th, 2011 at 01:10pm
Positively-Negative:
Honestly i don't really care for TBP either though. It has SOME good stuff on it, but it also has some filler. It also is super overproduced and seems really dated since it came out around the same time as a bunch of other artists were doing that kind of thing (The Used being the most obvious). Don't get me wrong, I like it, its just. . .ugh. Not their best.
Negative Creep
Really Not Okay
Negative Creep
January 15th, 2011 at 02:42pm
captain fantastic:
Positively-Negative:
Honestly i don't really care for TBP either though. It has SOME good stuff on it, but it also has some filler. It also is super overproduced and seems really dated since it came out around the same time as a bunch of other artists were doing that kind of thing (The Used being the most obvious). Don't get me wrong, I like it, its just. . .ugh. Not their best.

Nah...it wasn't their best (I think Revenge is the best). It just seems like they kind of regret TBP now.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 15th, 2011 at 04:12pm
I hate how a large part of the fanbase take things way out of proportion. Like with Gerard's drinking, they all freaked out about it for whatever reason. I also hate how easy it is to start drama, and how a lot of fans slander others just for opposing views.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 15th, 2011 at 11:27pm
I didn't like Gerard's white hair for TBP. HATED. For right now though, I honestly can't think of a thing. Unless it's Party Poison. Don't like that song, sorry.
poetic tragedy.
Awake and Unafraid
poetic tragedy.
January 16th, 2011 at 05:33am
astronaut;:
I hate how a large part of the fanbase take things way out of proportion. Like with Gerard's drinking, they all freaked out about it for whatever reason. I also hate how easy it is to start drama, and how a lot of fans slander others just for opposing views.

i totally agree, it was the thing that i was going to write here, too.
just because he drinks now doesn't mean he is going back to drinking constantly.
let's just hope so, instead of spreading false rumours, you know.

i also don't like how mcr don't seem to like the black parade now.
it was the album that made me a fan, and it means a lot to me, even if it's not my favourite album.

i also think that gerard can seem a little arrogant when they have meet'n'greets.
i've never met them, i don't know anything about it. but i've watched some
videos when they've met their fans and gerard has seemed a little arrogant..
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 16th, 2011 at 09:19am
I also don't like the order of Danger Days, like the way the songs are arranged. I think it could've been better.
captain fantastic
Killjoy
captain fantastic
January 16th, 2011 at 02:32pm
What don't you like about party poison? just curious. I like that one.
captain fantastic
Killjoy
captain fantastic
January 16th, 2011 at 02:35pm
As far as organization, how would you have organized it? It has a weird flow (if that makes sense), but it has a pretty clear progression in terms of narrative. As a result I have pretty mixed feelings about the order too.
Royal.Boom
Killjoy
Royal.Boom
January 16th, 2011 at 02:59pm
I'm not sure. It just doesn't seem to have any beat/flow/whatever. It's just noise in my ears. It doesn't soothe me, it doesn't excite me, it doesn't move me. It just annoys.
Negative Creep
Really Not Okay
Negative Creep
January 17th, 2011 at 10:23pm
I wish they had more songs/albums. I mean...I know it takes a long time for them to create something meaningful, but they've been a band for almost ten years and I feel like we need more MCR.
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
January 17th, 2011 at 11:54pm
How they're not in my immediate geographical location and how I don't have their phone numbers so I can't phone them and breathe loudly into the reciever which would be my way of telling them I loved them.

But yes, I agree with Gerard's alleged arrogance. He's always seemed like kind of a snoot to me. Doesn't make me like him any less, but he's always seemed a little less down to earth than the rest. Maybe it's because his nose points upwards. Har har. -laughs to self at lame joke-
Chemical Catastrophe
Awake and Unafraid
Chemical Catastrophe
January 18th, 2011 at 08:41am
I don't like all the drama in the fanbase. I don't think INO is like that at all, but there are a lot of people out there who make all this drama about Gee's drinking and Lyn-Z being a terrible mother and how Jamia is so terrible for Frankie. I get so sick of people being jealous of Jamia and Lyn-Z. If they make Frank and Gee happy, then I'm happy.
em's lil baby girl
Banned
em's lil baby girl
January 18th, 2011 at 03:13pm
The fanbase. I love the band and all, but it has one of the most annoying fanbases of all time. No offence to anyone here.
pokemoncoffee
Killjoy
pokemoncoffee
January 20th, 2011 at 05:01am
Man, I don't hate anything about them.
They're fucking awesome.
C:
PansytheLion
Killjoy
PansytheLion
January 20th, 2011 at 06:45am
Regarding the other bandmates drinking in front of Gerard, the point has already been made that Gerard is capable of self control, but also, Gerard leathers up all the time, Frank as a veggie could feel disrespected by this, but must not, so I'm sure they are all respective of each other.
Kurt Coboner.
In the Cannibal Glow
Kurt Coboner.
January 20th, 2011 at 11:00am
the fact they they shrug off tbp , and say all this stuff about about - that it wasn't "them" , wether it was them or not , it helped lots of people .
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
January 20th, 2011 at 12:42pm
Well I mean regarding tpb. They might still love it, but it's a darkside of them. I'm sure that they don't like that album too much because of everything that
was going on with them during making of that album. It's not that they want to forget about that album, it just might be hard for them to like it.

What I don't like right now, is the fanbase. seems to me like everything seemed fine when Danger Days came out, but now the fanbase went a bit crazy. I don't know, so it seems to me.