Don't have an account? Create one!

The first time I heard Demolition Lovers...

AuthorMessage
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
July 4th, 2007 at 01:39pm
I do darlin; you made a very strong point. No band has affected me like MCR either and I also think they have a very unique and special ability to touch, affect, and help people. Wink

"Demolition Lovers" is one of my favourite MCR songs. Oh god, I CANNOT describe how I felt when i first heard it. It's absolutely beautiful! Full of emotion, rich, profound, touching, and haunting...

It partly inspired my fanfiction, which I'm seriously considering posting to get some opinions. Smile

A lot of MCR songs make me emotional, none quite as much as that one, but "Early Sunsets...", "Vampires", "Helena", "Cancer", and especially "Disenchanted" are special to me and often evoke tears.
x-MCR-rock-x
Really Not Okay
x-MCR-rock-x
July 4th, 2007 at 02:03pm
Thank you!!!

You should post your fic!!

What is it about??
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
July 4th, 2007 at 03:48pm
All the band save Bob are in it; he will come into it eventually but I'm giving him time off at the moment. Cool It's mainly about the relationship between the lead character, Océan, and Gerard, and I put in other characters based on my sister and friends, some of whom are dating the other band members! Jack and Meg White and Ville Valo from the Finnish band HIM are also in it. Wink

It's about 400 pages and counting. Laughing I will post it, just needs some editing...
x-MCR-rock-x
Really Not Okay
x-MCR-rock-x
July 4th, 2007 at 03:55pm
Okay..
Brenny Boo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Brenny Boo
February 28th, 2008 at 08:49am
Its a song with so much meaning and a lot of soul.It made me cry I think and it when the first time I heard it,it was soft but as it went on it was a really good song.......
DirectorCarter
Killjoy
DirectorCarter
February 28th, 2008 at 11:35am
The first time I heard it it immediatly became my favorite song in the Bullets album next to Early Sunsets...I've recently been trying to learn the words to both of the songs by heart. Also...I'm obsessed with the end, "I MEAN THIS, FOREVER!"...awsome.

As for crying, I think the song that choked me up was Cancer most deffiantly

Early Sunsets sent chills down my spine O_O
Pixiesan
Motor Baby
Pixiesan
February 28th, 2008 at 12:56pm
To be totally honest, the first time I heard it was in my bedroom with my brother. He was still living with our parents in Jersey while I was living in California. He was visiting, and he was like "Hey, you have to hear this band, they're pretty new on the scene but they're mad sweet." So he put the cassette in and I didn't really pay much attention to it. I do remember Demolition Lovers above the rest of the songs, but it wasn't like a magical moment or anything, it was just kind of like "Wow...that's a cool song."
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
February 28th, 2008 at 12:57pm
Demolition Lovers it's my fav song ever <3
the first time that i hear it
Ic ried, and every time that I hear it, makes me cry too <3
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
February 28th, 2008 at 11:32pm
this happened the first time I listened to it and always happens when I do. Its like... while im listening I can almost feel the emotions that Gerard had when he was singing it or that he intended to give off to the listener. Nothing else exists except me, the guitars, the drums, the lyrics, and Gerards voice. Its like Im taken to another world and just... I dont know... I stay there until the song ends.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
February 29th, 2008 at 08:34am
xF.w.A.n.K.i.Ex:
this happened the first time I listened to it and always happens when I do. Its like... while im listening I can almost feel the emotions that Gerard had when he was singing it or that he intended to give off to the listener. Nothing else exists except me, the guitars, the drums, the lyrics, and Gerards voice. Its like Im taken to another world and just... I dont know... I stay there until the song ends.

I DO remember how ecstatic you were when you heard part 2 for the first time. "OMGILOVEIT!" LOL. Fwankie.

I think that this song is written in such poetry. I think that if you gave it to a person who's never heard it before and would just have read it would be awed. I mean, I listened to it once, and then I read the lyrics, and I fell in love with it. And then the music comes in and... wow.

It's just so EPIC.
Ahead of the Curve
Always Born a Crime
Ahead of the Curve
February 29th, 2008 at 12:40pm
first time I heard it I just played it on repeat
Its just so....everything <3
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
February 29th, 2008 at 05:26pm
I cried. I still cry.
Disenchanted, Ghost of You, and Cancer also make me cry... I guess I'm just sentimental and stuff.
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
February 29th, 2008 at 06:21pm
I fell in love with it. I was amazed.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
February 29th, 2008 at 07:56pm
It made me cry the first time I heard it and every time I listen to it I get chills and butterflies, sometimes so badly that I feel sick.
It evokes so many feelings, and is probably the most special song ever to me.
For some reason can't even listen to it very often, it's so special to me that I savour it. I can't even explain it properly.
looserkid._.p
Joining The Black Parade
looserkid._.p
March 1st, 2008 at 07:17am
love the song..

didnt cry though..
blue.and.yellow.
Fabulous Killjoy
blue.and.yellow.
March 10th, 2008 at 11:25pm
It almost made me cry. It took me a few listens to totally love, but I've realized it is such a beautiful song that I will love forever. The guitar solo almost makes me cry. I love the "all we are" part before it too. Sad
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
March 10th, 2008 at 11:31pm
The first time I listened to Dancing For Rain by Rise Against I cried.

With Demoliton Lovers, I knew the song had a good reputation before I heard it and it lived up to it. It's MCR's best song ever hands down!

But I didn't cry.
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
March 11th, 2008 at 02:46am
the first time i heard it i was so in awe i held my breath until about half way through before i realised i needed oxygen to live... i adore it.
Coin.Operated.Toy
Killjoy
Coin.Operated.Toy
March 11th, 2008 at 06:16am
. . .the first time I heard it, i was like "whoah!".

. . .just love that song. the lyrics are mazing.!
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
March 11th, 2008 at 12:56pm
I didn't like it at first, but then again, I wasn't listening to it properly.
I gradually grew to love it. x]