Don't have an account? Create one!

Gun violence?

AuthorMessage
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
February 16th, 2006 at 09:03pm
Me and a friend were having an agrument over this. Do you think My chemical romance supports gun violence?
TheVictoriaParade;;
Salute You in Your Grave
TheVictoriaParade;;
February 17th, 2006 at 01:23am
They like the look of guns & knives.
Since they like comic books and super heroes and villians and x-men and stuff.
Aphex Hanna
Bulletproof Heart
Aphex Hanna
February 17th, 2006 at 01:25am
wow. this is a good poll!

I think not. since they always encourage hteir fans not to hurt themselves I'm sure they don't want us to go shooting each other Laughing
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
February 17th, 2006 at 05:12am
i think hanna's right...
emilyrachel
Bleeding on the Floor
emilyrachel
February 17th, 2006 at 06:59am
hmm...that's a good question. i don't think they do though...
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
February 17th, 2006 at 08:20am
O.o awesome question!
Ah wouldnae av thought aboot it. (sorry. Been reading 'Trainspotting' and now my brain is in Scottish speed-freak/smackhead mode.)

Hmm. I would vote.... well, actually it's a tad more complicated than I first assumed, now that I've actually spared five seconds and sacrificed numerous brain cells.

Umm.. I say no, purely because I also find the symbolism of guns and knives to be extremely attractive, for whatever reason. We have really strict gun control in Aus so I have never even seen a gun first hand. It's all about the mystery, the intrigue, the taboo... and the romance. Surely My Chem fans would of course either relate, or at least understand, that there's a definite attraction to those kinds of weapons purely for the romance they hold. As they say, nothing says goodbye like a bullet, right?
Public Pervert
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
Public Pervert
February 17th, 2006 at 08:28am
I said "No".. I really don't! The whole gun thing, in my view, is Gerard's idea as saying and showing the band being a gang and if anyone does something to hurt anyone of their friends/family then they would 'cause pain for that person.. or even kill them.. you know what I'm saying? I've read something like this on a mag... I think it was Rock Sound.. good article..
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
February 17th, 2006 at 11:23am
^^ What they said. I agree totally, I don't think they promote gun crime at all.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
February 17th, 2006 at 01:10pm
yeah thats I tried to tell her that it was symbolism but she wasn't listening and neither was my guidance counslor.
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
February 17th, 2006 at 02:07pm
frank did say he loved when he fired a gun...
but i dont think they support gun violence at all
people would have picked up on it way before now if they did, there would be all these rights groups with signs outside concert halls and stuff..

i dont think they do!!
good question though Very Happy
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 17th, 2006 at 04:01pm
I dont think they like the idea of gun violence, but the guys love guns. I know Frank likes fireing them...
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 17th, 2006 at 04:02pm
starcrossedlovers:
Me and a friend were having an agrument over this. Do you think My chemical romance supports gun violence?

Off Topic: why do Mikey + toaster = disasters? are you refering to the shower thing?
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
February 17th, 2006 at 08:05pm
yeah and I just thought the icon was cool

I don't think putting a heater in the bathroom with the shower is such a bad idea not in the shower but in the bathroom with you it would just keep you warm no I havn't tried it
gerards_demolition_lover
Fabulous Killjoy
gerards_demolition_lover
March 8th, 2006 at 12:27pm
Well,...
I can tellyou that my chemical romance dosent support it because,
1.gerard has said in numorous interviews that he hates gun and other weapon violence.
2.when you said that they "like the look of gun's and knives"..yes they do,and it goes along with their style....I mean like with the songs of violence...For example "jack the ripper" or did i ever tell you what i do for a living"....those are about violence...but yet...gerard ,and the rest of the band members are not into "real Violence".(atleast not from what i have seen and heard)
3.mikey,and gerard are my couisn's Bestfriend's nephues,and I know alot of stuff about them and mikey told her that gun's were meant for protection when she told him that she was going to shoot her brother in the foot for stealing her slushy..so..i donno if he was serious..but anyway...I actually met them once...when i was like 8 or 9 years old....but i cant hardly remember it...*sobbs*...not that any of you care...but ...yah
smash disco.
Salute You in Your Grave
smash disco.
March 9th, 2006 at 12:27am
nah I don't think they do
Gerard's_**Ally_kat*
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Gerard's_**Ally_kat*
March 9th, 2006 at 04:31pm
i dont fink they do, i agree wiv blood_stained_razor_X
they're just lil kids @ heart & wud b scared in a gun fight lol bless 'em!
reckless?abandon-21
Bleeding on the Floor
reckless?abandon-21
March 9th, 2006 at 06:02pm
yeah, and anyone can use it in a song, but it doesnt mean that its real. . .metaphors. . .
LouderNow
Really Not Okay
LouderNow
March 9th, 2006 at 06:34pm
I think they do and they dont promote [gun] violence. I think its just the "screamo" sound that they make.
Public Pervert
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
Public Pervert
March 10th, 2006 at 09:01am
Gerard's_**Ally_kat*:
i dont fink they do, i agree wiv blood_stained_razor_X
they're just lil kids @ heart & wud b scared in a gun fight lol bless 'em!

Yeah.. I mean they're very protective and concered about people.. they don't care at all about what people think about the song.. they want to people to get the message.. their not saying to go out and kill someone their just expressing about how this song makes people feel
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
March 10th, 2006 at 02:30pm
this has to be the dumbest thread Rolling Eyes