Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR Interviews

AuthorMessage
mollz
Salute You in Your Grave
mollz
October 8th, 2005 at 12:30pm
Ahahaha if they really said that then I will give them a golden egg.
Buttermilk Rusk
Killjoy
Buttermilk Rusk
October 8th, 2005 at 06:09pm
I wish I was that samich. Huh? What? No I didn't say anything!
Unknown Angel
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unknown Angel
October 8th, 2005 at 08:57pm
serene dream:
It probably isn't real, like that other interview about M&M's and skittles and stuff... that wasn't real.. come do you really think that Mikey would wank into his own brothers sandwich?

I found that interview off another boards and now I'm
starting to think its not real...I dunno
And you are....?
Bleeding on the Floor
And you are....?
October 8th, 2005 at 09:02pm
so that interview wasn't real? woah. there are so many these days you an't tell whats real and whats not. thats so gay.
Unknown Angel
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unknown Angel
October 8th, 2005 at 09:04pm
xamong.the.un.livingx:
so that interview wasn't real? woah. there are so many these days you an't tell whats real and whats not. thats so gay.

I don't know if its real but I'm starting to lose faith that it is
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
October 8th, 2005 at 11:42pm
Real or not...
Funny as feck
And entertainment is a good thing
<nods>
If someone really meets them, they can ask or something...okay??? Okay
lost_in_my_agony
Joining The Black Parade
lost_in_my_agony
October 9th, 2005 at 12:47am
Could we please just drop it. My head is beginnig to hurt. Sad
Buttermilk Rusk
Killjoy
Buttermilk Rusk
October 9th, 2005 at 04:06am
I still wish I was the samich.

I SAID NOTHING!
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
October 9th, 2005 at 04:10am
Ta that ^^^ was highly disturbing...
MOVING ON

Below The Radar caught up with My Chemical Romance’s bassist, Mikey Way, for a quick chat:

There’s a lot of angst in your music. It seems like Three Cheers is a battleground of past emotional scars. Is that what you intended the album to sound like???
I KIND of think that music is our cathartic relief. It’s a culmination of past experiences of our last 20 years of being on Earth. From small, trivial things to everything. If people want to read the album that way, as in boy/girl relationships, it’s cool. But it’s basically just about the feeling of loss... the loss of someone you really care about.

Who came up with the clever concept of doing the CD inlay like a movie poster??? Was there any real reason or did you guys just think it looked cool???
GERARD (vocalist) is very cinematic. And we’ve always thought our music is kind of soundtrack-ish. We never really set out to make it that way, but it just turned out like that.

Would you ever think of writing songs for movies???
YEAH!!! If the opportunity arises… we’d probably want to write for our favourite directors... like the Farrelly Brothers (comedic team responsible for Shallow Hal, There’s Something About Mary, Me, Myself & Irene, Dumb & Dumber), but I don’t think our music would go with their movies much.

What would you say are the band’s collective influences???
COLLECTIVELY it would have to be The Misfits, Smashing Pumpkins, Morrissey, Black Flag, Idlewild, Coldplay. We love the new Coldplay album. We don’t really listen to anything within our genre of music.

Would you say that listening to music within your own genre might have an impact on the music you write???
ABSOLUTELY. Ray (guitarist) will not listen to anything in our genre at all. Whether you want to or not, you will be subconsciously influenced by what you hear. I think we have the sound we do because we don’t listen to other music in our genre.

Did you all go into this knowing exactly how you wanted to sound or is it still a work in progress???
I THINK it’ll always be a work in progress. Our music will evolve, naturally. We plan to experiment with new things, new song arrangements and stuff.

You guys have managed to capture that no holds barred punk attitude while not compromising on your emo feel – was that intentional???
ABSOLUTELY. We’re very strong on our beliefs. We don’t want to compromise on how we feel and bringing that feel into our music.

When you were touring in between albums, what do you think the crowds’ initial reaction to you was???
WE really got a good response from the crowd. But it’s not like we just appeared overnight. We’ve been jamming in our old drummer’s attic for a while now, and we’ve been playing for a while individually. But we’ve only been together as a band since 2002, and this lineup seems to be the one that works. And getting it all on stage was the last addition. People think we got to the top so fast, but that’s not the case. Gerard and Ray started playing together in 1997, and I’ve been playing the bass for over a decade now.

Does the band have any pre-recording rituals???
WE write when we get ideas, over a couple of months. We don’t have any ego trips in the band, not one person has more say over the other. We kind of think we’re all brothers, all one gang – that’s our mentality.

Why the shift between Eyeball Records to Reprise Records???
I THINK there comes a time to make a shift, make a jump. When you want to send your music out globally, you have to take the right steps to do that. It’s not selling out; it’s just about getting your message out further.

Who decides on which track becomes the first single???
WE all discuss it, the label and the band. We’re not one of those bands that say ‘it’s our way or the highway’. We usually agree with our label.

Most of your songs are ‘relationship’ based – what’s your definition of love???
MY definition of love would be an undying devotion to someone or something.

Where do you see your music going in the near future???
I THINK we’re going for a more arena rock sound, more anthemic. That’s the kind of sound I see us adopting in the near future. We get a lot of our energy from the crowds; it’s a mutual experience when we perform, so we feel that we can give something back with that kind of sound.

When you’re not recording and playing music, what are you doing???
I DRINK a lot of coffee; hang out with friends back home in New Jersey, because we don’t get to do that much when we’re on tour.

Describe a normal day for Mikey Way, rock star from My Chemical Romance...

I WAKE up, wonder what city I’m in, get to the venue and stumble inside. I do our soundcheck, and hang out after that, then do a bit of warm up on my bass and get ready to play. After the show, I usually go back to the hotel, watch a DVD or hang out with the other bands, sleep and then repeat that whole thing the next day.

What’s the one motto that keeps you guys going after long hours on road tours???

NEVER surrender.

http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News/MM/Wednesday/Entertainment/20050727121157/Article/index_html
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
October 9th, 2005 at 09:12am
Cool interview. But the "over a decade" of bass playing confuses me. I thouht he only learned to play in the band Confused Oh well.
smoke em
Bleeding on the Floor
smoke em
October 12th, 2005 at 08:56am
does anyone have the interview of when mcr were talking about being nominated on MTV and how theyre up against the killers? =( i wanna see it
smoke em
Bleeding on the Floor
smoke em
October 12th, 2005 at 08:56am
hey and how do u get colours into your nics?????
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
October 22nd, 2005 at 06:35pm
Question: Who would act as the members in a My Chemical Romance movie?
Bob: Gerard...Brad Pitt. Obviously.
Gerard: Obviously.
Bob: Mikey. What was the dude we saw the other day? Caddie Shack 2 guy?
Gerard: Oh! Jackie Mason. I think Christina Ricci would play me, Brad Pitt would play Mikey.
Bob: Ray would be...that's a rough question.
Gerard: How about Ashley Simpson.
Bob: No, Ashley Simpson would be Frank.
Gerard: Okay, Ashley Simpson will be Frank.
Bob: Definitely. Ray would be that American Idol dude.
Me: Oh! Clay Aiken!
Gerard: Okay that works. We've gotten it all.
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
October 22nd, 2005 at 06:39pm
stormy:
Question: Who would act as the members in a My Chemical Romance movie?
Bob: Gerard...Brad Pitt. Obviously.
Gerard: Obviously.
Bob: Mikey. What was the dude we saw the other day? Caddie Shack 2 guy?
Gerard: Oh! Jackie Mason. I think Christina Ricci would play me, Brad Pitt would play Mikey.
Bob: Ray would be...that's a rough question.
Gerard: How about Ashley Simpson.
Bob: No, Ashley Simpson would be Frank.
Gerard: Okay, Ashley Simpson will be Frank.
Bob: Definitely. Ray would be that American Idol dude.
Me: Oh! Clay Aiken!
Gerard: Okay that works. We've gotten it all.

LMFAO.
DO YOU HAVE THAT WHOLE INTERVIEW?
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
October 22nd, 2005 at 06:43pm
LOL.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
October 22nd, 2005 at 06:45pm
I found it on a greatest journal site when lookin at Mikey pix. If I find it, I'll post it
D i s c o! Dresden.
Salute You in Your Grave
D i s c o! Dresden.
October 22nd, 2005 at 06:56pm
Unknown Angel:
Mikey Lover:
LMFAO x2395825692968368386 -wipes tear form eye- Oh god....oh jesus....someone hold me.

Saying samich is awesome. Cool people say Samich Cool

*Holds you*
I know! I say Samich all the time now
Ah yes. Me too.
Ryshika
Killjoy
Ryshika
October 28th, 2005 at 03:53am
errm..more! more! haha..most of those interviews are damn funny! i like the part when mikey said how gerard zip him up in his sleeping bag and throw him in the swimming pool.. Laughing
Flipper.
Salute You in Your Grave
Flipper.
November 1st, 2005 at 09:20pm
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!:
MikeyToasters:
Which of your band mates is most likely to accidentally stick a fork in a toaster?
Frank: Mikey.
And who would yell 'Hey! It's still plugged in!'?
Mikey: That would be me.
Gerard: I would definitely be the one yelling. I think we're all very protective of Mikey for things like sticking forks in toasters.
Frank: It's funny because when we were recording, me and Mikey lived together and I would go to Gerard after and be like, "I can't believe he did this today."
Mikey: Yeah, I would leave the tea on overnight.
Frank: God forbid that kid ever lives alone!
Gerard: He had to promise he would watch him because he likes to do this thing where he'll take a heater into the shower and plug it in...
Frank: Oh god!
Gerard: ...and there's water everywhere!
Mikey: I did that one time...
Gerard: What about the times with the radio?
Mikey: ...and I was pretty warm when I did it though.

Ah. This is what inspired my username. Haha, Mikey, you're a little dense! Laughing
lolx when i read that i laughed so fucking hard.

OMFG!! That sounds just like me!! I stuck a knife in the toaster on accident like a month ago. Not a pretty sight! Luckily, my mom walked in as i wuz doing it and stopped me. The toaster thingy wouldnt let the bread up and i didnt want it to burn. Wut can i say? I luv my toast!!
v e n g e a n c e
Salute You in Your Grave
v e n g e a n c e
November 3rd, 2005 at 05:36am
lmfao