Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
September 2nd, 2005 at 10:17am
i think she is in oz
killer_odd_sock
Shotgun Sinner
killer_odd_sock
September 2nd, 2005 at 10:32am
I think the teenies will curl up and die eventualy Confused One thing I dont like is that, if they become mainstream, I wont get the chance to see them at smaller places and stuff. It seems kinda... selfish, because I know this is good for the guys, but its possible that by thier next album, bigger venues will be booking them. And I understand its a helluva lot cooler to see them at smaller venues...
Theyre not playing near me this tour, either >.<
Taylorrawr;;
Always Born a Crime
Taylorrawr;;
September 4th, 2005 at 05:05am
vampires_will_hurt_you:
I think it is kinda bad..but its not as bad as Green Day...which is good....b/c i feel bad for Green Day..like ppl go to their shows just b/c ther got the American Idiot cd...and they never heard a single song from their earlier albums....if it starts getting like that after MCR releases their next cd that could be bad...like that happened to SOAD so they took a year off touring so all that would die down a little bit...and it worked...but i would cry if MCR took a year off.

ya, this girl i know is going to the same green day show that i am, and she thought american idiot was their first and only album. (i was so fucking pissed at her) ya, mcr really deserves the fame, but if teenie boppers start gathering, it might kinda push me away. It did for gd, a little.
Not very nice
Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
September 4th, 2005 at 06:09am
wicked_insanity:
vampires_will_hurt_you:
I think it is kinda bad..but its not as bad as Green Day...which is good....b/c i feel bad for Green Day..like ppl go to their shows just b/c ther got the American Idiot cd...and they never heard a single song from their earlier albums....if it starts getting like that after MCR releases their next cd that could be bad...like that happened to SOAD so they took a year off touring so all that would die down a little bit...and it worked...but i would cry if MCR took a year off.

ya, this girl i know is going to the same green day show that i am, and she thought american idiot was their first and only album. (i was so fucking pissed at her) ya, mcr really deserves the fame, but if teenie boppers start gathering, it might kinda push me away. It did for gd, a little.

i agree
undesirables.
Salute You in Your Grave
undesirables.
September 4th, 2005 at 11:40am
Eh. As long as they don't turn into what Green Day has. Such a shame too, about Green Day.
undesirables.
Salute You in Your Grave
undesirables.
September 4th, 2005 at 11:41am
wicked_insanity:
vampires_will_hurt_you:

Same here.
FadeToBlack8
Killjoy
FadeToBlack8
September 7th, 2005 at 11:33pm
Well I think its good for them to get more reconized and get their music out to more people but then on the other hand it sucks for me and or you because everyone enjoys liking a band thats not way popular right? Well I do because there isnt so many people trying to meet them and stuff and maybe tickets wouldnt get sold out lol...but its ok I guess.
insy
Killjoy
insy
September 9th, 2005 at 02:51am
hmmmm...

I would say that MCR aren't mainstream yet... and I really, really hope they'll never be. It's always the same with great bands who get popular suddenly. These bands get global appreciation, everyone wants them, music's played on MTV and out of a sudden they don't know who they are anymore. Music loses its quality, because too much money spoils people if you aren't 'strong' enough.

Of course, something has changed when MCR went to a major label. On majors, there's always a pressure to BE successful - indie labels are so much different from that. On the other hand, so much more people get to know MCR, and you mustn't forget that they played in whole north america and that it were their concerts which gave them a real fanbase. Not the media has pushed them from the beginning. Now they do... maybe it was better for them not to get THAT media attention they got, when "I'm not okay" and Helena started in Europe.
DSA boyo
Killjoy
DSA boyo
September 9th, 2005 at 07:13am
serene_dream:
i dont think they're that mainstream...not over here in England anyhoo. They seem to have stayed on the rock music channels and magazines. I have never heard them on the radio, seen them on them stupid pop music programmes and seen them in pop magazine (like green day...now thats mainstream for you) thats what i like about them Very Happy

Are you kidding me? They're Kerrang's flavour of the month, in fact everyone's flavour of the month.

Personally I'm not a fan - the little kids proclaiming their love for a band because they've heard one song and started to dress emo and what not is enough to make me sick. It's very close minded I know but hey, good enough for the guys! If my band reached that level of fame I'd be walking around with a stupid grin on my face, revelling in the prospects of it all.

Like this: Mr. Green
i'm_not_okay_either
Joining The Black Parade
i'm_not_okay_either
September 9th, 2005 at 06:53pm
I think it is good that they are going mainstream in a way... 1. I hear them on the radio 2. they are happy but its also really bad cause just two days ago this total nerd and this other weirdo were like "we love my chemical romance" i about strangled them. someone said gerard was creepy and pale today and i yelled at them.. sorry kinda rambled there..
Yours truly.
Fabulous Killjoy
Yours truly.
September 9th, 2005 at 07:59pm
I know exactly what you mean... I'm really happy that the boys are getting all this attention. but at them same time I'm sad, because it will make it impossible for us to get tickets.... and those fucking teenies! GAH!!
House of Dominique
Thinking Happy Thoughts
House of Dominique
September 10th, 2005 at 03:40pm
It's great that the guys are getting the attention they deserve, but it's from the wrong people. I am a total contradiction. I want them to get noticed and be famous for their own benifit, but I don't like when a lot of people know about my favorite music. I think I died today when I read that a girl at my school [I'm not particularly fond of her] wants the The Used Cd. She thinks they have one out and they have two. When Grant [a boy that I cannot stand] said at lunch that he loved MCR I had a fit and began questioning him on his MCR facts. He only knew 'Helena' and couldn't tell me that it was about Gerard and Mikey's grandmother. Boy did I freak out. I began ranting about how no one respects good music unless it plays on MTV and all this crap about MTV taking over the minds of useless preps.

Now that people like MCR, FOB, Coheed and Cambria, etc. are on MTV all the preps and such and are saying how much they like them, but they don't listen to the music or listen to what they're actually saying. All they see is 5 gorgeous faces [excuse that comment, but they are].

I'm sick of people are my school ::cough PREPS cough:: wearing Enties. I weat Enties! Frank wears them too, a lot. They don't know who Frank is! Therefore the entire thing is just wrong!
mrsgerard
Killjoy
mrsgerard
September 18th, 2005 at 01:46am
wow could not have said it better myself *praises*
House of Dominique
Thinking Happy Thoughts
House of Dominique
September 18th, 2005 at 11:36am
Thank you, I really needed to get that out of my system. Very Happy

It's been bothering me for weeks.
undesirables.
Salute You in Your Grave
undesirables.
September 18th, 2005 at 11:59am
Eh. It doesn't seem like it's changed any way they're thought of around here.
No one even knows Helena where I live.

I'm happy for them. It gives them a better chance to send out their message.
undesirables.
Salute You in Your Grave
undesirables.
September 18th, 2005 at 12:02pm
mCrIsLuV0369:
It's great that the guys are getting the attention they deserve, but it's from the wrong people. I am a total contradiction. I want them to get noticed and be famous for their own benifit, but I don't like when a lot of people know about my favorite music. I think I died today when I read that a girl at my school [I'm not particularly fond of her] wants the The Used Cd. She thinks they have one out and they have two. When Grant [a boy that I cannot stand] said at lunch that he loved MCR I had a fit and began questioning him on his MCR facts. He only knew 'Helena' and couldn't tell me that it was about Gerard and Mikey's grandmother. Boy did I freak out. I began ranting about how no one respects good music unless it plays on MTV and all this crap about MTV taking over the minds of useless preps.

Now that people like MCR, FOB, Coheed and Cambria, etc. are on MTV all the preps and such and are saying how much they like them, but they don't listen to the music or listen to what they're actually saying. All they see is 5 gorgeous faces [excuse that comment, but they are].

I'm sick of people are my school ::cough PREPS cough:: wearing Enties. I weat Enties! Frank wears them too, a lot. They don't know who Frank is! Therefore the entire thing is just wrong!

Took the words right out of my mouth. I hate MTV. I repeatedly send them hate mail. And I plan to go see their show to boycott it.
I refuse to wear Etnies for that reason.
kueibe
Fabulous Killjoy
kueibe
September 18th, 2005 at 12:03pm
Lilaxe:
Eh. It doesn't seem like it's changed any way they're thought of around here.
No one even knows Helena where I live.

I'm happy for them. It gives them a better chance to send out their message.

hehehe me too, no one know them here i live, so i think the impact they go to mainstream has greater impact in US and Eur~ Wink
like a Bullet
Jazz Hands
like a Bullet
September 18th, 2005 at 02:11pm
im happy for them, and in my school no one knows them...as far as i know its only me and my mates that talk about them. on the other hand, i also think going mainstream is going to be bad. im hoping that what comes quickly to them doesnt leave as quickly as it came. they really need a break, i love the music but theyre working too damn hard, they need a holiday Smile

anyway, mainstreams got its ups and downs, and all the damned teenies and the fact i will never get into a damn concert is definatly a downside, on the plus, they are getting the attention they deserve and theyre vids. are always on which makes me happy.
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
September 18th, 2005 at 04:49pm
im glad theyre getting their deserved fame...but i HATE the teenies. they only like them b/c of helena..and thats probably the only song they've heard from them. all of us hardcore mcr fans cant get into the concerts b/c of them. but then again...they're not completely mainstream b/c i havent heard any song from them on the radio. theyre mostly in magezines and on mtv, mtv2, and fuse.