Don't have an account? Create one!

is mcr going mainstream a good thing?

AuthorMessage
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
September 18th, 2005 at 04:57pm
dominique-----OMFG same with my school!!!!!
this girl i CANNOT stand was like singing helena singing all the wrong fucking words and i went up to her face and like yelled at her and some of these other girls only like mcr b/c frank and gerard are hot. GOD i hate those ppl!!!!!!!
House of Dominique
Thinking Happy Thoughts
House of Dominique
September 18th, 2005 at 05:11pm
::nods:: Angel? Yes, we have that problem. When Raegan starts wearing Etnies and goes 'Ohh they're really good,' it is a sign that the apocolypse is coming. It's just not right. They make fun of us and then take our music? I mean...ugh. Brittany wears converse...

I think I'll go shoot myself Confused
HarvesterofSorrow3319
Killjoy
HarvesterofSorrow3319
September 19th, 2005 at 08:05pm
I agree with yes and no. Look at it this way, yes in reguards to they deserve the fame, fortune, and everything that comes with being in a great rock band. No, because they get a larger fan base of pussies, and "our band" (Those of you that were there for I brought you my bullets...) becomes "their band" (those who are all about Helena and Im Not Ok) Also, as previously stated, meet/greets with the band become harder (unless you know somebody) and tickets are going to people who dont respect the music for what it is: deep, emotionful, melodic music that kicks ass. They just come to hear that song or two. Kinda like in the early 90's when Metallica went mainstream, and people came to the concerts to hear Enter Sandman. 'Tallica said fuck that and played it first to get it out of the way so they could play the earlier shit. I think if MCR keeps growing at the rate they do, say goodbye to "our band", although they'll in a way always be "our band"... Sad
House of Dominique
Thinking Happy Thoughts
House of Dominique
September 19th, 2005 at 09:17pm
Beautifully said. It's a shame that that's what will happen, but it will. Confused

MCR is and always will be "our band" no matter what anyone says.
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
September 19th, 2005 at 09:24pm
^wow i completely agree^
i've been there all the way like most of you...and i'll always love them. most girls are like OMG i love MCR! and the only reason is b/c of how hot one of the band members are. no matter how hott they are, their songs are extremely powerful and emotional, and not every one of their 'fans' even listens to the lyrics. they just go to the concerts to drool over gerard or frank or mikey or the rest of the guys. i wish that there were no people like that. i wish there was just us die-hard fans and we could get into the concerts and meet the band. but wishing wont do any good. its just the way it is. but alls i know is they will always be my band. no matter what.
ferris wheel ablaze
Killjoy
ferris wheel ablaze
December 15th, 2005 at 12:16am
Well, it`s constantly a double-sided sword. I guess, it`s kinda hard for us to choose, because without all of the teenies/posers, they`ll become unknown, which`ll be bad. o_O
Vany
Joining The Black Parade
Vany
December 15th, 2005 at 02:09pm
they wouldnt be unknown to us... i think the most of us found them on the internet or b/c of other bands or similar reasons...
bands like mcr dont/didnt need mainstream to get their true fans!
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
December 15th, 2005 at 06:58pm
^i agree
through_the_down
Killjoy
through_the_down
December 15th, 2005 at 07:12pm
Vany:
they wouldnt be unknown to us... i think the most of us found them on the internet or b/c of other bands or similar reasons...
bands like mcr dont/didnt need mainstream to get their true fans!

well said. i totally agree
Ale_Airam
Really Not Okay
Ale_Airam
December 15th, 2005 at 07:17pm
why r peopple who thinks that go mainstream is a bad thing?
u make it sound like somthing dirty.
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
December 15th, 2005 at 07:40pm
the thing we dont like about mainstream are all of the teenies and fan girls and shit that go along with it. we're glad they're getting recognized and famous and getting what they deserve and all that. normally, im not into 'mainstream' bands, but i knew bout mcr before they went mainstream, and now it's something ive learned to deal with. now, i just ignore all of the teenies and just listen to the music. thats what its there for.
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 15th, 2005 at 10:17pm
i agree with u^Ive been a fan of them since before the second c.d. came out and i just brush it off when bitchy annoying preps pretend they r there biggest fan cause they like the songs that have been made into videos
A S H L E E
Jazz Hands
A S H L E E
December 16th, 2005 at 12:42pm
NOOOOO! i dont want them 2 become too mainstream then we get loads of plonkers didding em n shit n it upsets me!
A S H L E E
Jazz Hands
A S H L E E
December 16th, 2005 at 12:42pm
AN_ENGLISH_FRANK_FREAK:
NOOOOO! i dont want them 2 become too mainstream then we get loads of plonkers didding em n shit n it upsets me!

*dissing
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
December 16th, 2005 at 12:46pm
twisted fate i completely agree with you. i myself learned about mcr through the vid ino, and thats mainstream so in some ways its bad (effing teenies) and in some ways its good (new true fans that download every song and memerize every word after seeing a vid.) Very Happy
Ale_Airam
Really Not Okay
Ale_Airam
December 16th, 2005 at 01:59pm
o.k i get what u guys said, but for me is a good thing if they become as bigger as they do, ´cause i live in Colombia, southamerica, and the ¨busisness¨men only bring ¨big¨artist to my country...
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 16th, 2005 at 03:23pm
that would suck
Charlotte
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlotte
December 16th, 2005 at 03:31pm
"It's kind of dumb; everybody should be able to listen to the kind of music they want and just because you're a fan of a band for a longer period of time doesn't mean you have a greater stake of claim to the band or the music."-Ray Toro.

so some people have known MCR for a longer amont of time than others. Big deal, it doesnt make you any better than a fan who heard about them yesterday and is falling in love woth ther music. I'v known MCR since the first album came out, and i often meet people who are not that familiar with the band. But i dont care, because they are a FAN. Just like anyone of us.
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 16th, 2005 at 03:40pm
well i dont know bout any1 else but im personally not saying im a bigger fan cause ive known them longer i just hate the fact where these annoying preps think they r their biggest fans just cause they like helena or just ghost of you. or the people who only go to the concerts just cause they r hot its like yes ythey r but u shouldnt go if u dont like the music as well other people could have used that ticket that actually likes the music as well
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
December 16th, 2005 at 04:40pm
exactly. just because i've known them longer doesnt mean im better then people that havent known them as long. actually, i really dont give a shit how long anyone's known them, as long as they are true, dedicated fans. aka, not teenies. even if you became a fan from helena, who cares? you actually took the time to find their other songs and stuff. that's what makes a true fan.