twizted_fate
December 16th, 2005 at 08:36pm
good way to put it
romance never hurt u
Thinking Happy Thoughts
romance never hurt u
December 17th, 2005 at 01:23am
I like too much MCR
What concerns me if it likes to 3 lumps or a million?

Who says that highly recognized it is bad?
who is able to maintain a commentary thus?
Whitley, the Princess
Killjoy
Whitley, the Princess
December 17th, 2005 at 01:49am
All this stuff about teenies and "true fans"....

Being mainstream is just about having more people like and accept your music. Personally, while I think that MCR sounded better with their first album, I'm glad they became more known. If they hadn't I would never have discovered a band that I liked so much. While it's tempting- especially if you see a group of people you don't like enjoying it-to want to keep a band unrecongised, it's being petty and stupid. We were all teenies once-they're just on the way to finding themselves. And as for "preps" liking a song or two... so what? It might be passing phase, it might not. Who cares, as long as MCR are doing the job that they're meant to and are entertaining people? What does it take to be a "real fan"? A whole new religion?

If people who just like the one song or a band member suddenly believe that they are the band's biggest fan then, well... who cares? Maybe they'll have relationship problems in the future because they have no idea what it means to truly love something-it's their problem.

It's so silly-I know a guy, a punker/emo/hardcore/whatever the hell they call themselves, who loved MCR when they brought out their first album but when they showed up on MTV and Channel [V], let his music elitest attitude lose and ignored them. Being mainstream isn't an disease-it's just another genre, and if MCR follow that path of pretty lights, then people should stop bitching about others who join along the way, and (provided they didn't grow out of it, 'cos it happens) just keep following them.

Rolling Eyes
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 17th, 2005 at 06:21am
ok we dont care if the preps like a song or 2 its when just cause they like a song or 2 they think they know everything.Well when it comes to preps any topic they think they know everything and that they r better then everyone else.I hate preps they r so annoying but ya i personally dont care if they like a song or 2 its when they think they know everything because of it
gerards_demolition_lover
Fabulous Killjoy
gerards_demolition_lover
December 19th, 2005 at 12:34am
Ya.....I hav 2 agree with u on hating preps......but ya....I think it was a good move to go mainstream cuz it can bring a wider fanbase....for example...i didnt even know who mcr was until my friend smooch told me about them..and ever since then i have loved them!!!!!!!yea....it is VERY hard 2 get a hold of tickets.....but that just means u should book some ahead of time......unfortunately i havent got 2 see them live...but when i do i'll tell all of u about it!!!!!!
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 19th, 2005 at 10:11am
ya i was a fan awhile before they went mainstream but still i think its good for them only downside r the teenies
Intoxicated
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Intoxicated
December 20th, 2005 at 07:11am
if everyone that liked them liked them for the music and meaning and not their looks then i would be fine with them mainstream

its only if people like them cause there attractive then i get pissed.

them being attractive is a bonus. not a reason you like someone
shelby;disenchanted
Bleeding on the Floor
shelby;disenchanted
December 20th, 2005 at 01:18pm
i heard them on the radio for the first time yesteray, i had to check and make sure my cd wasnt playing. me and my dad were talking and he actually wants them to go mainstream, because not many people i know like them. he said that he wants them to be as big as green day is right now... but he hates MCR, it doesnt make alot of sense.
shelby;disenchanted
Bleeding on the Floor
shelby;disenchanted
December 20th, 2005 at 01:27pm
intoxicated:
if everyone that liked them liked them for the music and meaning and not their looks then i would be fine with them mainstream

its only if people like them cause there attractive then i get pissed.

them being attractive is a bonus. not a reason you like someone

exactly. if everyone actually listened to the words in the songs instead of caring about how hot hey are the whole time, them being mainstream wouldnt be so bad. but every band has teenies, and they always will. but dont you hate it when people only know t he words tothe videos they have out? yeah, they are attrctive but thats not a reason to like them. it makes me mad when someone in the hall at school comes up to me and goes "OMG, gerarld is so hot" and then im like "whos gerarld". and then they end up looking like a dumbass.
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 20th, 2005 at 03:50pm
lol see i think gerard is hot but at the same time i love their music i really listen to the lyrics and find that hidden meaning behind it all the lyrics r the best part
gerards_demolition_lover
Fabulous Killjoy
gerards_demolition_lover
December 20th, 2005 at 04:45pm
twizted_fate:
lol see i think gerard is hot but at the same time i love their music i really listen to the lyrics and find that hidden meaning behind it all the lyrics r the best part
Nicely put.....same here!!!!!!!
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 20th, 2005 at 04:57pm
thank youSmile lol its only the truth alot of people make it sound as if u arnt a real fan if u find them hot its like u can find them hot and like the music/lyrics lol
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
December 22nd, 2005 at 12:32am
Yes i agree taht it's both a bad thing and i a good thing.
Good - because they're awesome and yeah...
Bad - and i can't just say teenies so i'll say beacause usually people like that don't end up really liking the music and just go for the appearance of the band, their position in the charts and for social gain.
And plus, the teenies steal our tickets hello!!! Sold out because of...THEM!
And some fo them as i sadi don't eevn like the music dammit!
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
December 22nd, 2005 at 12:33am
It wouldn't be bad if a lot of people wer all "omfg!!! Like I LOOOVE GEE!" Theni it's like. "Well then..."
shelby;disenchanted
Bleeding on the Floor
shelby;disenchanted
December 22nd, 2005 at 01:55am
twizted_fate:

yeah, i think alot of people can agree to that. especially me. my mom is always saying that their songs are about death, but i always tell her that you have to look past the lyrics to find a stroy.
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
December 22nd, 2005 at 02:12am
I love their lyrics, their music all their songs. First time i bought their album (TCFSR) I listened to it non-stop for like two weeks and i swear i neever touched another CD.
I Still listen to them non-stop...not as non-stop as before but that's cos i didn't just buy their second album...
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 22nd, 2005 at 01:47pm
their second album is tcfsr the first one is ...bullets(too lnog to type full title lol)
x_x
Killjoy
x_x
December 22nd, 2005 at 05:11pm
i've never hear them on the radio...only
on T.V. but my sister saw them in this
stupid pre-teen mag so it's a good and a
bad thing...I HATE STUPID PRE-TEEN MAG'S
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 22nd, 2005 at 05:59pm
preteen mags do tend to be cheesy lol
Whitley, the Princess
Killjoy
Whitley, the Princess
December 23rd, 2005 at 04:19am
i've never hear them on the radio...only
on T.V. but my sister saw them in this
stupid pre-teen mag so it's a good and a
bad thing...I HATE STUPID PRE-TEEN MAG'S

preteen mags do tend to be cheesy lol

*sigh* I used to love those things, back before big nasty teenage-hood. Anyone remember the Barbie one that came out....

*crickets chirp*

Er... right. But yes, the issue of them being in a Pre-teen mag. Eh, it's not that surprising-pre-teen mag+(newly)mainstream bands=setting them up for when they're older and get their own tastes.

Yes, I have no idea why I'm sticking up for them either. Razz