Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 23rd, 2005 at 10:16am
ya exactly i agree
dressedtokill12
Killjoy
dressedtokill12
December 23rd, 2005 at 12:00pm
i think it's a good thing to them because they're getting more fans. but a lot react on this because older fans say that some of the new fans are posers.. and i do know some..
MrsGerardWay
Killjoy
MrsGerardWay
December 23rd, 2005 at 12:15pm
mags r cheesy.....i found an issue of bop and there wuz a really hot pic of mcr but they ruined it by covering it wit yellow hearts and all this really crappy info that i dont even think wuz accurate....i cant remember...and i do agree that more mainstream means more poseurs
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 23rd, 2005 at 02:29pm
dressedtokill12:
i think it's a good thing to them because they're getting more fans. but a lot react on this because older fans say that some of the new fans are posers.. and i do know some..

we arent saying all new fans r we r just saying some r because there r some that only like the band cause gerard is hot or think they r the biggest fans ever because they only like one song we arent saying they are all posers
Duck.
Killjoy
Duck.
December 23rd, 2005 at 02:36pm
Ya know, maybe it's a good thing, cuz they get more fans, but yep, in other part the most of the new fans are frikkin posers...oh well...i mean, could you imagine a prep or a nerd singing helena and trying to dress like MY Frankie? well, i do, and it's scary...i think it's a good thing, but if they have posers as fans it's not....hell, i dunno what i'm writting...
-Mix-
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
Salute You in Your Grave
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
December 23rd, 2005 at 02:42pm
not all promotion is good promotion. what if they become sellouts? ew...
dressedtokill12
Killjoy
dressedtokill12
December 23rd, 2005 at 03:57pm
twizted_fate:
dressedtokill12:

we arent saying all new fans r we r just saying some r because there r some that only like the band cause gerard is hot or think they r the biggest fans ever because they only like one song we arent saying they are all posers
ya i know that's why i wrote some Smile heheh..
Whitley, the Princess
Killjoy
Whitley, the Princess
December 23rd, 2005 at 11:28pm
ragazzaxmixelle:
Ya know, maybe it's a good thing, cuz they get more fans, but yep, in other part the most of the new fans are frikkin posers...oh well...i mean, could you imagine a prep or a nerd singing helena and trying to dress like MY Frankie? well, i do, and it's scary...i think it's a good thing, but if they have posers as fans it's not....hell, i dunno what i'm writting...
-Mix-

I'm a relatively new fan-I hadn't even been aware of MCR until "I'm not Okay" was released. And who cares if a "prep" or a "nerd" sing along and try their hand at dressing in the boys' style? How the hell did all those "groups" get started without people copying others... if they think they're changing because they dress like someone else, then let them, it's their fashion sense.
[Dial Zero for Operator]
Bleeding on the Floor
[Dial Zero for Operator]
December 24th, 2005 at 12:27am
I'd say both positive and negative, as has been said.

I don't care what someone's fashion or dress is because that is what the music is about; being you. When you say nerd, you do realize that the very people that make up MCR were labeled nerds in school? It doesn't matter how one dresses or anything else as long as they know what they're singing. It's different if they're doing it to be cool, to fit in, etc.

I have to disagree with the fact that you say most new fans are posers. That comes off sort of like elitism to me, you know?

I've talked to old "fans" who had no clue what the meaning behind a lot of the lyricism was. I think it's an unfair judgement to say that because at one point, we were all new fans.

Every band has fans that are what you might consider to be teenies or posers; it's inevitable.

I think that the draw back is not in fact getting fans of a certain dress, but people who, to quote INO, sing the words, but don't know what it means.
Drew
Salute You in Your Grave
Drew
December 24th, 2005 at 12:35am
Wow, nicely put shea...
*agrees*
[Dial Zero for Operator]
Bleeding on the Floor
[Dial Zero for Operator]
December 24th, 2005 at 12:36am
DREW IS MY STALKER. :-O
Drew
Salute You in Your Grave
Drew
December 24th, 2005 at 12:43am
Hehe...
I swear it's a coincidence (sp?)
[Dial Zero for Operator]
Bleeding on the Floor
[Dial Zero for Operator]
December 24th, 2005 at 12:44am
Psh. Like you could stay away.

lol.
Drew
Salute You in Your Grave
Drew
December 24th, 2005 at 12:45am
Lol, true...Smile
Mrs. Scissorhands
Really Not Okay
Mrs. Scissorhands
December 24th, 2005 at 12:47am
I like it in that they are getting more exposure so there is more of them for us to see... they're on television, in magazines, and the like more now... but I don't like how people bag them out without even listening to any of their other songs besides the singles, or say they love them when they only know one song and nothing about the band.
[Dial Zero for Operator]
Bleeding on the Floor
[Dial Zero for Operator]
December 24th, 2005 at 12:49am
Exactly.

Forming a deadset opinion either way based on singles isn't exactly getting off on the right foot.
Whitley, the Princess
Killjoy
Whitley, the Princess
December 24th, 2005 at 12:58am
- Nes -:
Exactly.

Forming a deadset opinion either way based on singles isn't exactly getting off on the right foot.

But it can help give an inkling of whether or not you're going to like the music. I mean, first time I heard Helena it was like... *BAM* "I love them, I'll buy their cd". And I did, and I loved them even more. Confused It's a mixed blessing really.
[Dial Zero for Operator]
Bleeding on the Floor
[Dial Zero for Operator]
December 24th, 2005 at 01:02am
But you bought the cd; you didn't walk around proclaiming yourself # 1 fan based on the fact that you liked one song.

What I meant was forming an opinion that cannot, will not change and isn't open to anything, such as one against them or one for them based ONLY on one song, isn't usually the greatest idea in the world.
twizted_fate
Bleeding on the Floor
twizted_fate
December 24th, 2005 at 06:21am
agreed^good pint nes
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 11th, 2006 at 10:55pm
I think it's good. I mean, yeah, there are going to be teenyboppers running around, but there's also going to be a lot of people who are going to seriously love the band and all that it stands for.