Don't have an account? Create one!

is mcr going mainstream a good thing?

AuthorMessage
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
January 12th, 2006 at 12:34am
here(aus), helena is popular. thats all.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
January 12th, 2006 at 12:43am
Today I wore an MCR shirt and this dumb bitch Monica said, "Oh, I love My Chemical Romance". All she listens to is hip hop, and she only listens to the singles for MCR and every other band.
reckless?abandon-21
Bleeding on the Floor
reckless?abandon-21
March 26th, 2006 at 09:39am
dont give a crap if they r.
i like them that wont really change anything.

i guess it COULD be good cuz they'll make more money and all.
noxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
noxx
March 26th, 2006 at 08:45pm
Their mainstreamed now. I'm proud of them but their tooooooo mainstreamed in my opinion. "OMGSH THE SINGER IN THAT HELENA SONG IS SO HOT" teenies love them because of Gerard or other members i am sick and tired of seeing it. Gerard is like a sex symbol now to stupid teenagers. He hates it I can tell.
reckless?abandon-21
Bleeding on the Floor
reckless?abandon-21
March 26th, 2006 at 09:13pm
they can have fun thinkin what they want- w/e makes em happy. they can be completely unpopular or the greatest band in the world- ill still feel the same bout them
omg!_its izzy!
Really Not Okay
omg!_its izzy!
March 28th, 2006 at 01:46pm
doesn't effect me cos they dont come on the tv in the uk and there aren't any teenies over here. Smile even if they get really popular and go on trl or whatever it shouldn't change the way you feel about them Smile
Bitch
Killjoy
Bitch
March 28th, 2006 at 08:09pm
Okay am i a teenie b/c i'm 14 and a fan of MCR? I like their music more than i like them. i think. I'm just kidding *don't hit me* (sorry inside joke w/ friends). I'm still confused. So if you wanna let me please do. And Bob's a sexy beast. And being mainstream isn't that bad except they're in all those annoying magazines. Someone shoot the magazines please. And bob's a still a sexy beast.
abcdefrankiero
Killjoy
abcdefrankiero
December 14th, 2006 at 07:32pm
I think it's good for them because of all their hard work, they are getting recognized by a lot of people. It's bad because sometimes they can get overplayed. But I think it's actually overall more of a good thing, for the sake of the band.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
December 14th, 2006 at 08:47pm
i think its a good thing. they are getting recognised for their work and they deserve it. as for all the teenies and what not...well that comes with it. as long as the real fans keep on supporting them no matter what happens, it's all good.
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
December 16th, 2006 at 09:24pm
No.
but hell, like I give a fuck.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
December 16th, 2006 at 11:10pm
Nope.
I don't want them going reeeally famous.
They might turn out like Green Day wherein people throw all sorts of names at.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against GD.
chloeblue
Fabulous Killjoy
chloeblue
December 17th, 2006 at 01:47am
No! it makes them less accesable to the fans
Ghost Who Walks
Really Not Okay
Ghost Who Walks
December 17th, 2006 at 10:22am
No mainstream is bad bad bad!
All those people who have been fans since the start or before they became mainstream get lost in the new "fans". It means we can't get tickets to shows.

Though i must eat my words a bit...I liked it when WttBP got played on Video Hits.
Talk to Frank.
Joining The Black Parade
Talk to Frank.
December 17th, 2006 at 05:36pm
Quinn.:
i think its a good thing. they are getting recognised for their work and they deserve it. as for all the teenies and what not...well that comes with it. as long as the real fans keep on supporting them no matter what happens, it's all good.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
December 17th, 2006 at 05:49pm
mollerskates:
Who cares?

I agree, but I can't help but get really pissed off when I see people start to like stuff that I've been a fan of for years, just because they've had one popular song.

Which seems to be happening with alot of stuff I like. Evil or Very Mad
ear cataracts?
Banned
ear cataracts?
December 17th, 2006 at 05:50pm
I'm annoyed that they're all mainstream now, even though it's not their fault and I guess it's a good thing that people are taking notice of their music. Ah well. But there's always people like my mother who don't know who they are.
ear cataracts?
Banned
ear cataracts?
December 17th, 2006 at 05:51pm
Oh, and I wish people would stop comparing them to Green Day. -_-
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
December 18th, 2006 at 03:58pm
If they didn't become mainstream I probably would never have heard of them at all; but I wish they had more tours in Scotland though; I totally dislike the fact that they are just coming to Glasgow and then going down south, it seems kinda pointless to bother....................... (I do live in Glasgow, and I did try to get tickets for the concert, but that's another story).
I don't think they can be compared to Green Day though, since GD have been around longer than MCR and they aren't a punk act; but maybe that's just me - I considering MCR to be wind-swept and interesting due to there music style.

And upon re-reading what I have written, it all sounds like utter crap...........
miss california.
Bleeding on the Floor
miss california.
December 18th, 2006 at 06:11pm
I dont care about them going mainstream in the slightest. The way I see it, they get more fans [granted, yes, more teenies] which means more people with buy their records. Therefore, they have more money to spend on tours.
I don't know. Some of you are saying that they'll not care about their fans as much. Are you kidding? The guys come out after every show and try to sign and talk to their fans as much as possible. Heck, Frank has to get lifted away from the fans.
I don't see why we should care so much.
Talk to Frank.
Joining The Black Parade
Talk to Frank.
December 19th, 2006 at 07:14pm
im such a hypocrit, i said up there that it is kinda a good thing, and i was doing this quiz about how strong your will power is n up pops this question about bumping into Gerard way at the bus stop and it kinda made a bit annoyed (?) i think thats the word to describe it =]