Don't have an account? Create one!

is mcr going mainstream a good thing?

AuthorMessage
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 20th, 2006 at 07:18pm
I don't care about them going mainstream because I know how the music business works. If a band never went mainstream, there'd be no money. No money= no MCR albums, tour, Gerard's Chanel sunglasses, Mikey's coffee binge, ect.
If a band stayed underground, you'd never hear from them again after a year or so. Underground bands don't go anywhere fast. The boys LOVE being big, in a way. They love getting their message out to people. You can't do that if you're underground, to be honest.
hoppy.
In The Murder Scene
hoppy.
December 21st, 2006 at 08:42pm
I really like that they're going big but I'm starting to think that they're getting to into the scene and it's getting to their heads...
I've been for MCR all the way; listening to their songs on the radio so they'll get played, even though I've heard WttBP 5 times in the past 30 minutes... I'll spread the word that I like them, even if it means thoughs people looking at me weird for the rest of the year (I really don't care), I'll go the extra mile to make posters for them and do anything that helps, them!
But I've notice, for one, they're only going to big cities on the tour.
They're butting up against big bands like U2

But all the same I can tell they're trying to keep things the way they should be.
They're not doing things they really shoudn't
They're not bragging, to the extent that people think they're rude
AND
They are all for being the first My Chemical Romance
and not the "New aged" Nirvana, Beatles or those bands that you can never come by again.

I really think My Chem is gonna be able to handle a little lime light...
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 21st, 2006 at 08:56pm
Large bands only got to semi-large to large cities. there would be no point to going to a small city, in the music business.
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
December 21st, 2006 at 11:22pm
Let's just say that going mainstream was a gradual process for them.
It took alot of hard work and it's ridiculous that they get flak for the huge effort it took for them to finally be heard.

I think that some people just think it's cool to hate on bands that get so-called mainstream cuz these haters think it's so "conformist" and "so not rebellious/different"

Honestly it's bullshit to me.

Who cares?

It's not about being mainstream, it's about their music, which is good as heck.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 24th, 2007 at 04:08pm
for the band it is
because they've gotten really big and all
and everyone is probably a lot happier than i used to be.

but i'm not gonna lie.
i really miss how they were in bullets. Sad
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:10pm
THEY'RE GOING MAINSTREAM????

Sorry, I think that it's the same old band, just different angles of music, Bullets is different from Revenge, Revenge is different from TBP, they just keep changing.
But I do miss the Revenge era music type...Sad
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
March 24th, 2007 at 04:11pm
I think they deserve it.
But, I also think that every will be "Yeah, I love MCR!" And they won't even know thier names. I dunno... I confused myself. xD
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 24th, 2007 at 04:12pm
I want them to stay somewhat hidden. But I don't care if they go a little mainstream, as long as I can shoot all the fake fans they'll gain.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:12pm
Nah, why waste the bullets?
Bash their heads in w/ eggplants...
Very Happy hehe

they can be mainstream, as long as they can tell the difference between the real fans & the teenies.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:23pm
You know, for all the MTV hate, I'm willing to bet a billion dollars the vast majority of you saw them for the first time on MTV. The vast majority of you got "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" or even "The Black Parade" before you got "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love", so stop posing.Rolling Eyes If as many people who claim to have been with them since the beginning and bought "Bullets" during its life span actually had, "Bullets" would have been their breakthrough, not "Revenge".
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 24th, 2007 at 04:24pm
Eggplants of evil love. Buahaha.

I sense a remake of Teenagers in the near future. As long as everyone knows the difference between actual teenagers, as in the age, and teenies, as in the soon-to-be-bashed-with-eggplants.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 24th, 2007 at 04:25pm
C h e e s e:
I think it is kinda bad..but its not as bad as Green Day...which is good....b/c i feel bad for Green Day..like ppl go to their shows just b/c ther got the American Idiot cd...and they never heard a single song from their earlier albums....if it starts getting like that after MCR releases their next cd that could be bad...like that happened to SOAD so they took a year off touring so all that would die down a little bit...and it worked...but i would cry if MCR took a year off.

i feel the same way. i mean green day has gotten pretty bad and thats what happens when bands release 734895374508374 different albums...
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
good point, Phantoms,
but I actually liked the music, I wasn't repelled or "creeped out" by the band's image, and I was like, 7 or 8 or 9 or sumthing when Bullets came out.
SHEESH. Like I could help it.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
X_meese_X....nice avatar =D
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 24th, 2007 at 04:26pm
p.s sorry for the spam..
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:26pm
X_meese_X:
Eggplants of evil love. Buahaha.

I sense a remake of Teenagers in the near future. As long as everyone knows the difference between actual teenagers, as in the age, and teenies, as in the soon-to-be-bashed-with-eggplants.

yes! GOOD! hehe
Teenagers may be remade, but never as great.
No one is worthy of redoing that song. Well, no bands out right now.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 24th, 2007 at 04:28pm
I was nine when Bullets came out. I got the CD, but didn't get it for a good few months of listening to it. I got all the CDs, and it doesn't matter if you bought the CDs, all that matters is WHY you bought them. They're allowed to have fans that have just joined up, as long as they know enough about the band to actually like the music, and not the band members.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 24th, 2007 at 04:34pm
It means they're becoming more famous which is good but as long as it doesn't become overrated. I honestly wont care though, I love them anyway.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:54pm
X_meese_X:
I was nine when Bullets came out. I got the CD, but didn't get it for a good few months of listening to it. I got all the CDs, and it doesn't matter if you bought the CDs, all that matters is WHY you bought them. They're allowed to have fans that have just joined up, as long as they know enough about the band to actually like the music, and not the band members.
It's not about when fans join up. I just hate the people who bitch and whine about MCR going mainstream, when the only reason they ever heard of the band was because it went mainstream. And yes, fangirls blow.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:55pm
Give Them Blood:
It means they're becoming more famous which is good but as long as it doesn't become overrated. I honestly wont care though, I love them anyway.

Couldn't have said it better myself....^^applause for the above post!! Very Happy