MOSH PIT STORIES!

AuthorMessage
Danielle Ashley.
Bleeding on the Floor
Danielle Ashley.
May 18th, 2006 at 09:18pm
Okay. Here are a few of my stories.

The Death Pit
Before Rancid at Warped '03, my rock-concert-virgin stepsister wanted a good spot. So, we went as far to the front as we could, before stopping in a clearing. I looked around, and could see only big boys. No girls. And I knew I was going to die. I'm 5'1, and at the time weighed barely 100 pounds. I'm small. Anywho, I told her that we were in the middle of a circle pit, and that we needed to move. She said I was crazy, and I persisted. Finally, she got annoyed and yelled at me, and I said that when I died, to remember that it was her fault, (Rancid was the 3rd to last band to play, in Phoenix, and it was hot). Anywho, I stood there with my arms across my chest, and sure enough, as soon as that first chord sounded, the pit went crazy, and I felt my cousin pulling me out from behind. I then had my stepsister and cousin standing around me to protect me from crowdsurfers, and still managed to get elbowed in the face. The man felt so bad, he was offering me his merch, and protection.
One girl from a couple people behind my cousin (who was behind me) was thrown in the air, and landed on the ground of the circle pit (the opening was a couple people in front of my stepsis, who was in front of me). The girl hit the ground so hard that we could hear it over the music.

Crowd-surfing against my will.
At the Atari's part of Warped '03, a band apart from Rancid, this big douchebag decided to start throwing people into the air to crowdsurf, and he started with lil 'ol me. I had never crowdsurfed, nor did I want to start at that show, so you can understand that I was pissed. I made it several people away before a big burly guy saw that I didn't want to be up there before pulling me down.

The time I was smothered.
I was at a show in Nov of '03 in Houston when this girl saw that I was holding onto my friends beltloop so that we wouldn't get seperated, and wedged herself between us, nearly breaking my arm. She was wearing a sweater (not hoodie, but sweater), and while I was trying to get free from my friend, I was smothered by her sweater and passed out. Keep in mind that I have asthma, and when something covers my face, I begin to hyperventilate. Which sucked, because I had a great spot.

The crowdsurfing I wanted to do.
My stepsister made friends with these boys in the middle of the crowd at a show in Nov of '04 in Dallas. I decided that I wanted to crowdsurf, and she pulled me to the boys, where I got aquainted. The lights were up, so we had to wait, but when the lights went down I was in the air. I crowdsurfed for several seconds before I was flipped several times, and landed bridal style in the bouncers arms.

The Protection in the Pit.
Whenever I would go to a big rock show in El Paso, I would always manage to make friends with the bigger people around me. They would form this circle of tall protection around me, so that I wouldn't get sucked into the circle pits from behind, or kicked in the head by a crowdsurfer. I don't know how I would make the friends, but I know that I am always grateful.
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
May 19th, 2006 at 04:56am
waoh, lots of stories. I'm going to Still Remains tonight, I will be making lots of friends co its a tiny venue where once a circle starts its pretty hard to stay away.

and I'm going to lost Prophets in July, I will be making friends with as many people as possible.
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
May 20th, 2006 at 12:18pm
Still Remains yesterday. It was reallly good. My neck aches a bit when I look down from head banging but it was so worth it. We were right at the front and people we were with kept trying to drag me in the pit, but failed, ha ha. But after a while, we just made our own second pit and it was fucking rad. Nearly broke my arm and toe but I didn't YAY.

ANd met four of the band members after the gig and got free stuff. Great night.
my name is tristan.
Salute You in Your Grave
my name is tristan.
June 3rd, 2006 at 05:29pm
If it's not too much of a bother, could someone please explain to a stupid Swede like me what mosh pits, circle pits and death pits are? I have a general idea of people just totally rocking out and hitting others for fun but I really don't know a lot more... Please?
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 4th, 2006 at 04:31am
A mosh pit ... is the floor/general admission area of a concert, generally near the stage where people, some at least, are thrashing around, jumping, shoving each other.
A Cirlce Pit is an open area, generally a circle, where people go in there, run at each other and the 'wall' (the area that surrounds the pit as it's just an openin in the crowd) and shove each other down, jump and go crazy.
No idea what a death pit is...at least, I've never knowingly seen one.
killer_odd_sock
Shotgun Sinner
killer_odd_sock
June 4th, 2006 at 04:49am
[Cirlce pit] - Idealy, to see a circle pit at it's best, you need to be looking from above. But this vid gives a general idea =] As teh Stormage said, it's an open area in the crowd where people run at each other (usualy in a circular motion, but not always) and go pretty crazy. Tis huge fun =D
[[X] - Ooo! This Trivium vid has an awesome above view of two circle pits from Download Fest =] Theyre roughly about 17 seconds into the vid. I was there, but missed most of this set -.-]

As for a death pit... not heard of one. Do you mean a [Wall of Death]? That's when the crowd splits into two, and then both halves run at eachother. ^^ Looks awesome. That's my local venue type place, but I couldnt go >.< Which Im pissed about. But enough about Sock Cool
killer_odd_sock
Shotgun Sinner
killer_odd_sock
June 4th, 2006 at 07:49am
Ghostbuster famous:
Still Remains yesterday. It was reallly good. My neck aches a bit when I look down from head banging but it was so worth it. We were right at the front and people we were with kept trying to drag me in the pit, but failed, ha ha. But after a while, we just made our own second pit and it was fucking rad. Nearly broke my arm and toe but I didn't YAY.

ANd met four of the band members after the gig and got free stuff. Great night.
I saw Still Remains a few weeks ago =] There wasnt really much of a mosh where I was standing, but for the last few songs, and the encore, I ventured into the circle pit. It was really fantastic ^^ I still have bruises.
>.< I really wanted to stay and meet the band, but I wasnt allowed =/ Meh.

(I love this thread)
traumatized
Killjoy
traumatized
June 6th, 2006 at 10:04am
Okay, so it was at a My Chem. concert, and Gerard was screaming "Let me hear a fuck yeah!" while everyone was moshing and the crowd goes "fuck yeah!" Gerard says "Let me hear a fuck yeah!" again and again, the crowd goes "fuck yeah!" But some idiot who was behind me got over excited and decided to kick me in the back. - I fell down and I screamed "fuck you" and Gerard was all like, "Did somebody fall down?" and looked straight at me. I nearly get stomped on but practically everyone goes quiet after he said that. After that the moshing starts up again, and again, some asshole kicks me in the ankle area and I nearly fall down again. =\
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 7th, 2006 at 06:24am
^^^
OKay, I giggled a bit. Sorry. But Gerard's comment was kind of funny.
But some asses in pits...psh.
I like to bite them. <nods> than they scream and I either smile at them and tell them its pay back or...I squeeze away from them.
my name is tristan.
Salute You in Your Grave
my name is tristan.
June 7th, 2006 at 12:33pm
Thanks a lot Stormy and Sock! Those vids were awesome, I understand now what the fuzz is all about... That sure looks dangerous! But fun. The Wall of Death thing is awesome... I mean, wow, the adrenaline kick. Has anyone ever been in a Wall of Death?
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 8th, 2006 at 12:57pm
batbeltbuckle:
Has anyone ever been in a Wall of Death?

Not yet...
give me time. <nods> I want to...badly
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
June 13th, 2006 at 08:02am
Sock, woooo! SOmeone else whoses seen Still Remains on that tour. Twas fun. It turned out the singer was in the pit for one of the suport acts and punched one of my friends in the face, knocking him out.

ANd yes, I have been in a wall of death. I was right at the front of one of the sides when everyone spilt and I was like 'fuck'. And everyone behind me was running so I had to go forward and..... it was fun. Just keep your head down. Or the chances of fist meeting face are very high.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
June 14th, 2006 at 05:06am
Ghostbuster famous:
Just keep your head down. Or the chances of fist meeting face are very high.

Thanks for the advice
Now to FIND a wall of death...
HMMM
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
June 14th, 2006 at 06:35am
ha ha, anytime! *tips hat*

oooosh good luck with that.

best chances of finding the shy Wall Of Death is in its more favoured habitat at Aiden gigs.
like.pixie.dust897
Killjoy
like.pixie.dust897
June 14th, 2006 at 11:37am
my first mosh pit was last summer, at River Riot 05 (breaking benjamin, papa roach...) it was outside and it was like 105 degrees.

my best mosh pit was at taste of chaos 06. some guy got his nose broken, but he stayed in the mosh pit anyway. crazy hoes Wink
xxHow I Disappearxx
Motor Baby
xxHow I Disappearxx
June 14th, 2006 at 11:44am
My first mosh pit was a couple months ago, at the Black Clouds and Underdogs tour with From First to Last. I was wearing a tank top and it fell pretty low...

And I had many guys ramming things into my ass I didn't want rammed into my ass...
like.pixie.dust897
Killjoy
like.pixie.dust897
June 14th, 2006 at 11:54am
i went to the black clouds tour too... all the people that were there were like ten years old, and teenies... so there was like no moshing at that concert... sad Sad
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
June 15th, 2006 at 07:25am
Arcade:
GOOD IDEA TO MAKE FRIENDS.

True that.
Not sure how though.
I tried to....once....i became very anti-social though and i think i ran away once....
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
June 15th, 2006 at 07:33am
There was a massive death circle at a gig i went to a coupel months ago...massive as in big in size...but there was like only one guy who was mosty in it.
There were two or three others then two or so girls who were in it for a coupel seconds.
NExt to me though was some (blue shirt guy lol) and he was getting pulled by his friends into the circle and the ended up doing so with the black shirt guy in the circle motioning for more people to come in and so all of a sudden blue shirt guy was on top of black shirt guy humping him.
It was weird.
People were taking pictures.
ANd then some other skinny other shirt guy came and it became a threesome.
I'm not sure what happened after that...i lost my view of it but i think a few more people...joined?
Meh.
Well that's one of my gay stories...

Ooo i'm going to another gig soon...hope i'll have another one...
like.pixie.dust897
Killjoy
like.pixie.dust897
June 15th, 2006 at 11:31am
^^^ lmao

can someone remind me what a death circle is?

Very Happy