Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Suicide Story (How MCR Saved My Life)

AuthorMessage
drexi
Banned
drexi
February 11th, 2007 at 02:30am
^^ yeah me too. its like the magazine editors are like spying on us or something.
lord voldemort.
Salute You in Your Grave
lord voldemort.
February 11th, 2007 at 02:48am
I'd always liked MCR, since the beginning. But I never really payed attention to them, they were just another band that sounded pretty good. But then, I found out we were moving to Massachucetts during the summer before my sixth grade year. I got depressed, but nothing big. Harry Potter helped me a bit. Then I found out that we were staying in New Jersey, and things got a bit better. But then, the play began and I got depressed again due to favoritism and a stupid crush. I was like that the rest of the year. Summer came and one of my best friends moved away to Vernon. I was really sad because he was a really good friend and he changed a lot. Then, I rediscovered MCR at the beginning of seventh grade. They made me realize that I wasn't alone, but I still cut. At first, it was just a nail file on a nail clipper. But my parents found out and now I go to a therapist. Then, I started again. This time with an earring. The cuts were deeper and on both of my wrists and legs. My parents don't know about the legs. I have scars. I am, and was, obsessed with rock and metal music. Mostly MCR, because they understand me. They know what I deal with at school and home, how I am not accepted by anyone but my closest friends. And I only have a couple. I used to be suicidal too, but I don't know about that anymore... I've daydreamed about it. But now they're coming less and less, all thanks to MCR.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
February 11th, 2007 at 03:12am
drexi:
^^ yeah me too. its like the magazine editors are like spying on us or something.

Haha.
I know freaaaaaaaaaaaaaky.
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
February 11th, 2007 at 11:56am

xxx

It said, 'The following quotes have been taken off of Imnotokay.net, --'. I thought one of mine was in there, but I dunno. =/
tidd; zero.
Killjoy
tidd; zero.
February 11th, 2007 at 09:49pm
this thread was mentioned in SPIN.
i think that's really amazing; that they actually understand what we are going through, and have enough balls to put it out in a magazine.
i love it.
tidd; zero.
Killjoy
tidd; zero.
February 11th, 2007 at 09:57pm
i watched World Trade Center earlier, and realized something...
if the Trade Centers had never been attacked, My Chemical Romance wouldn't have become a band, and then... how many lives would have been saved (from the ones lost on 9/11) in equivalence to the ones that were saved because of My Chemical Romance?
very confusing, and it's a terrible thought, but just ponder it...
if 9/11 had never occured, My Chemical Romance would never exist. I would have died. Many of you would have too...
but.. since it did, thousands of people have been lost, but from that tragedy something wonderful emerged. A group of 5 amazing men who would rise from the ashes and save some lives.

i think i'm a little fucked up right now. i dunno. i was just thinking.
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
February 12th, 2007 at 05:51am
wow! that was one hell of a shitty life, we have all been through some bad spots in our lives and i think on some level MCR has helped us all, even if we havent realised it.
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
February 12th, 2007 at 05:34pm
mcr honestly saved me from killing myself. the music is so deep and i can easily relate to it.

so basically my story is that i hate my life,myself, and my family. i feel like im not perfect enough and i can't do anything right. i actually started cutting myself because i can't take the stress. back when i was younger (12) my oldest sister died. she overdosed on drugs and its thought to be a sucide. i feel like it was all my fault, like i helped push her over the edge and now i have to live with that regret the rest of my life. she had a daughter (my niece) who is always putting me down. my mom is a nutcase, she has so many problems and shes always taking them out on me. everytime she sees me she yells and screams at me for no reason. my dad has drinking problem and he doesn't care about anything but his beer. my sisters love to see me get hurt. they would love to see me crash and burn. my family honestly doesn't love me, they wouldn't care if i died tomorrow and im not even kidding about that. they don't know about my cutting problems if they did they would probably throw me out on the streets. my friends are great but they aren't really there for me at all. (they don't know about me cutting)

wow i have never told so much about myself. i hate being alone in the world but everyday i have to wake up and deal with that. sometimes i just wish i could fall asleep and never wake up again.
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
February 12th, 2007 at 07:08pm

Well, back into 2004, when I was only 10, I had a friend called Hannah. I remember I had a small scuffle with her on MSN. From that day onwards, she made my life absolute hell. She would tell me to fuck off in front of my friends, she would ignore me if our parents were together, she would harass me over MSN, pass judgment on me on the music I liked and the list is bloody endless! She was quite a emo/goth person, and I got into one of the bands that she liked, which you’ve all heard of, H.I.M. the first song I heard was Wings Of A Butterfly, and I loved it. I was into stuff like Ashlee Simpson and the Beatles back then, so this was a total change for me. I started listing them as one of my fave bands on my website. This seemed to anger her so much, that she literally life threatened me with an email. I was scared shitless. I cried and went off sick from school whenever I could. I would do everything I could to fit in with her lifestyle and music. Another band that she liked was, who else, My Chemical Romance. The first song I heard was I’m Not Okay, and I instantly fell in love. However, because I was being bullied, I couldn’t tell anyone incase it got leaked to her, so I had to keep my love for these men a secret. I didn’t have any CD’s, but I listened to them on AOL player and YouTube. I finally got so sick of everything that was going on, I went straight to my head teacher and, reluctantly, told her everything that had been going on. She contacted her parents immediately, and Hannah then, finally, left me alone. But, from the experience, I was still extremely sensitive and scared, very. I didn’t come out about my love of MCR until July 2006, over 2 and a half years later. I slowly, and I am still now, beginning to rebuild my life. I have so much to thank MCR for. I owe them my soul, life, love SANITY.
Humor Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Humor Me
February 12th, 2007 at 07:50pm
i was in a really bad time in my life about maybe a month or too ago i started to think no one like me and i thought i had no friends i thought i wasnt pretty and i was really getting bummed out alot and one day i went home after school and after my mom left for work i was about to go into the bathroom to take an overdose in pills and someone started to speak to me and it was someone from my school me and her were talking for about 15 min and i told her i liked mcr and she happend to be a big mcr fan too so she sent me this video about them and it was really funny and i started watching it and i started to laugh really hard and i told her that i had no friends in my school. she said that she was my friend and she went through this really long list of the people who are my friends. i thought to myself that day that i shouldnt kill myself

now i just found out that my mom has cancer and she has to go into surgery really soon and i keep talking to my friends and they keep telling me oo no shes going ot be fine shes going to come out of the hospital all cured and everythign and i kept agreeing with them but wen i talk to them all i can see in my mind is my mother's funneral day. thats all i can imagine and its so clear i can almost touch the image. i act like im fine now but i know wen my mom goes into surgery that day im going ot be in depression again. i might even think of killing myself again. the only people who can cheer me up during that time i know will be my friends. they helped me through so many times and i love my friends so much and i know theyll always be by my side.

i hope that i wont spiral down there again. if i do i know my friends will help me bac up and my friend [ the one who helped me the first time] will be ther with another video to cheer me up again and another mcr song to listen to. i know all my friends will pray for me and thell all have a shoulder for me to lean and cry on
all i have to say is love ur friends keep them by ur side and never ebtray them cause if u do wen u need them most they will be gone and ur life wil keep spiraling down, but if u love them and hel;p them and stay close and friendly and sweet and urself to them they will help u bac up to ur feet, thell help u get to the top of the spiral and theyll help u so u can stand on ur own two feet.
miss_freedom
Killjoy
miss_freedom
February 16th, 2007 at 12:48pm
mcr saved my life totally,i was sliting my wrists taking a mixture of class three drugs, i couldn't look in a mirror i was and still am seing a physciatrist,doctor,and school counciller,but the day i heard mcr (i'm not okay) whilst waiting for my physciatrist i was like fuck this i should be enjoying life whilst i can. i went to the doctors turned out i was a maic depressent thenas soon as i got to my house my best friend died and i was taking my anti depressents like they were sweets. but later that week my couniceller said i should listen to a band called my chemical romance(i heard i'm not okay,then i wasn't very musical,even though my family's full of muscians) and gave me a cd an i was like wow ok thanks. (i know lots of you mite be like she just randomly had a cd but she went out and brought it for herself but i was in a state so she gave it to me so like awwww)
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
February 18th, 2007 at 11:18am
miss_freedom:
mcr saved my life totally,i was sliting my wrists taking a mixture of class three drugs, i couldn't look in a mirror i was and still am seing a physciatrist,doctor,and school counciller,but the day i heard mcr (i'm not okay) whilst waiting for my physciatrist i was like fuck this i should be enjoying life whilst i can. i went to the doctors turned out i was a maic depressent thenas soon as i got to my house my best friend died and i was taking my anti depressents like they were sweets. but later that week my couniceller said i should listen to a band called my chemical romance(i heard i'm not okay,then i wasn't very musical,even though my family's full of muscians) and gave me a cd an i was like wow ok thanks. (i know lots of you mite be like she just randomly had a cd but she went out and brought it for herself but i was in a state so she gave it to me so like awwww)

What an awesome counciler! My counciler thinks I'm goth and won't stop bitching about it.
MisfitMandi.
Motor Baby
MisfitMandi.
March 19th, 2007 at 04:19pm
I've had some problems in my life too, but MCR helped me through. Their songs make me feel good inside and they make me feel confindent, ecspecially the songs famous last words and welcome to the black parade. MCR makes me feel like I'm not alone in the world. MCR are the only people who understand me unlike my friends who think MCR is turning me emo. MCR are the only people i can turn to. my family and friends don't know what i'm giong through and if it weren't for MCR i would be sliiting my wrists right now.
THANK YOU MCR!
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:47am
I've always wanted to be accepted, to be loved, etc. but in middle school I kind of started losing trust in my family, cuz every time I shared something with them they'd tell everyone about it. so I closed up and had no one to talk to. in high school I got into worse problems like boy drama and shit, and got depressed cuz no one loved me still. so I started cutting cuz I was angry at myself for being so fucked up that no one would ever love me. I cut my junior and senior year, slowly getting into alcohol and pain killers and shit, and it lead to me wanting to kill myself. I almost did until my brother [the only in the person who I trusted, who was in the military since my freshmen year and still is to this day, and will be for the next 4 years] called and said he was getting married in germany. my family could only afford me to come out, so I went out for 2 weeks without telling any friends, teachers, or anyone where I was going except for my job. when I went there, I got so shitfaced at the wedding reception of my brother's best friend that during a slow song I got really depressed and took about 15 shots in an hour of anything I could get my hands on. I ended up crying, going in the bathroom and cutting myself with my own finger nails, and throwing up while feeling disgusted with how my life was. my sister in law held my hair as I threw up, and that night she and my brother finally listened. that took a huge load off my shoulders, and when I got home things got better. people were happy to see me, people who I thought didn't know I existed asked me where I had been for the past few weeks. I was still depressed, cutting and drinking, but when TBP came out, that album made me not afraid to keep on living... not afraid to walk this world alone. within a month I stopped drinking, cutting and abusing pain killers. I'm at a mormon college right now, so I can't drink even if I wanted to. things are a lot better, and I go home in a week and think that I'll make it through the summer without falling into old habits. they're keeping me alive. they're keeping me from giving in to the feelings that echo in my head and heart every day. they're making me love myself instead of wishing that I'd be loved by someone else. and that's how they saved my life.
Jeremy DePoyster.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jeremy DePoyster.
May 2nd, 2007 at 03:13pm
I suppose MCR havent really saved my life, like u guys, ive been reading some of them and man, you dudes have been through ALOT!!! my life was GREAT untill 3 years ago, when i decided to fall out with my best friend, i couldnt trust her (back then i was a completly different person!), she turned everyone against me, I had loads of friends, and then they were gone... I started to get ignored, laughed at i begain to get paranoide, i felt like everyone hated me, i only had 3 friends includeing my twin sister!!! Ive always been really shy, had trouble making friends, and to b dumped by everyone apart from my 3 friends, just was the worst eva!!! I became depressed, my self-confidence had gone to below 0, i felt totally ashamed of myself, for no reason, i had no friends, no confidence no escape from it all, to make it worse i was so scared of what people thought, i was scared of going to school... over the next 6 months, i just got more paronide, my only relif was when i was at home, then jurning the holidays, my mum and dad spilt up, mum moved out, things just went from bad to worse, things were at rock bottem, me and my twin got into more and more fights. Then one of my 3 friends told me about My Chemical Romance, frist time i listerned to Im Not Okay, was a whole new start for me, that frist time, i new i couldnt go on like this... I made myself more confident i i talked to more people, i changed everything, i now have more friends than ever, i dont give a SHIT what people think of me, i am ME, i cant be anyone else!!! My chem mean the fucking world to me, those 5 ULTRA AMAZING dudes, have saved me from ruining my life, everytime i here revenge i get a smile on my face, I am an obsessive fan i will admit, but what can people expect, they made me relize that i can only be me, I DONT TAKE ANY SHIT FROM ANYONE!!! I STAND UP FOR MYSELF for the frist time eva, and i am totally comfotable being me, im really happy at the moment, going to gigs is just the most fun eva!!! I walk, talk,breathe and sleep, my chemical romance, there just amazing!!! Clap
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
May 2nd, 2007 at 06:14pm
tidd; zero.:
this thread was mentioned in SPIN.
i think that's really amazing; that they actually understand what we are going through, and have enough balls to put it out in a magazine.
i love it.

when did they mention this thread?
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
May 3rd, 2007 at 04:17am
Philippa Way:
We have all been through some bad spots in our lives and i think on some level MCR has helped us all, even if we havent realised it.

I agree with your statement Philippa Way!
Since I knew about MCR... And about what Gerard has been through... They have given me hope in my life as well. If Gerard was able to get through all of his problems, then I should too... I'm happy to know about people like MCR... They have the power to inspire millions with their music. And to save lives too! They're like superheroes!
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
June 12th, 2007 at 09:36pm
At one point in my life, it seemd like everyhting came crashing down. I had lost my best friend, and other horrible things were going on in my life. Deaths, fights. Alot of stuff.

After awhile, everything just tumbled. I became rlly depressed. i couldn't smile or laugh anymore. It seemd likeno one understood. I would talk to my other best friend about it, but it didn't seem to help. Then i heard about MCR threw my otehr best friend.

I heard Gerards story and stuff, and i heard how he got over it. Then i thought "wow, i'm really not going threw this alone. he got over, i can!!!"

I istened to tehri music alot, and i got better. I got lots of help. But the biggest help was MCR. They really do save lives.
Cheesy Poofs
Killjoy
Cheesy Poofs
June 13th, 2007 at 05:41am
MCR have saved my life twice now. I don't know why, but, the lyrics of their songs just help me tell smeone my problems.

My life is miserable as it is.I don't need you butting in.

Wouldn't it be grand to take a pistol by the hand
and wouldn't it be great if we were DEAD
Angie Pansy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Angie Pansy
June 15th, 2007 at 12:20pm
Well it was like October 2005 and I was dating this guy and I thought we were perfect. We were going to go to a dance together and everythign adn I thought I was in love with him. Well after a while we were dating and told each other we loved each other and all that jazz. then I found out he cheated on me with one of my "friends" and then he broke up with me for her. I cried every day for 3 weeks straight. I didnt do my homework. After school I went home and watched t.v. My mom didnt know what to do so she just left me alone. I couldnt take how i felt so i was contemplating suicide. I was already cutting myself but that didnt seem to do anything.Then my sister came home and she told me I should listen to this band called My Chemical Romance. So I did and I burned the c.d and I listened to it every day. It made me cry even more cuz the lyrics were overpowering. Then she had me watch the Life on the Murder Scene d.v.d and when I watched Gerard in his drinking phase and when he was talking about how he almost committed suicide I started to cry because that was me.I listened to the c.d every day and eventually it helped me get back on with my life. Thast a shorter version of it