Don't have an account? Create one!

what are you thinking?

AuthorMessage
Celestialbloo
Demolition Lover
Celestialbloo
April 5th, 2021 at 06:07pm
When I worked expo at a restaurant I built these callouses on the tips of my fingers from picking up broiling food to get it to customers faster. I was reminded those are completely gone when I was cooking today Cry
Celestialbloo
Demolition Lover
Celestialbloo
April 5th, 2021 at 06:19pm
I keep on forgetting I downloaded the witcher last night for like $1.61. God knows if I'll be able to play it on my ancient computer that already has too many files on it.
beaker;
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
beaker;
April 5th, 2021 at 10:02pm
Celestialbloo:
whipstickagostop;:
i wonder what was wrong that such a simple problem had such drastic repairs

The valve was really old because it also came off. They couldn't replace it because of how obsolete it is apparently so they just installed something entirely new. I felt bad I had everyone's water turned off, but they said they needed to do this anyways. At least the my shower won't be leaking now.

they had to do that here too. My main shut off valve was from the 70's, and wasn't even up to code anymore, and was told if I ever needed to shut off my water again, I'd need to get it replaced. And that required shutting it off for the building, which had to be done by the plumber the homeowner's association hired, not the one I hired. So I had to coordinate them both. And the HOA made me pay for the plumber who shut off the water.
beaker;
beaker;
April 5th, 2021 at 10:06pm
I think I figured out why I'm nervous about the vaccine. Not because of the vaccine itself, though of course I'm not psyched about the possible side effects.
but I think the number 1 reason is because I have to sign up, and make time for it, and then actually go.
it's like that joke about growing up and having to make your own doctor's appointments.... it's like that.
beaker;
beaker;
April 5th, 2021 at 10:08pm
and now my uncle wants to have a party for his 60th birthday and our grandmother's 93rd birthday, combined. in a month.
she's vaccinated, so there's that. but, I have a month to try to lose some weight now.
Celestialbloo
Demolition Lover
Celestialbloo
April 5th, 2021 at 10:19pm
beaker;:
Celestialbloo:

The valve was really old because it also came off. They couldn't replace it because of how obsolete it is apparently so they just installed something entirely new. I felt bad I had everyone's water turned off, but they said they needed to do this anyways. At least the my shower won't be leaking now.

they had to do that here too. My main shut off valve was from the 70's, and wasn't even up to code anymore, and was told if I ever needed to shut off my water again, I'd need to get it replaced. And that required shutting it off for the building, which had to be done by the plumber the homeowner's association hired, not the one I hired. So I had to coordinate them both. And the HOA made me pay for the plumber who shut off the water.

I was just thinking it's nice that I don't have to pay for any of this work that's being done. Also having a HOA sounds like a pain since I wouldn't care about amenities and their fees can be insane.
beaker;
beaker;
April 5th, 2021 at 10:29pm
there's a few good things about the HOA. like I don't have to pay for water, sewer, trash collection, or landscaping. the fees also pay for shovelers and plows in the snow, and cover repairs of common elements, like water mains, and our decks and stairs and stuff.

but, they suck at managing. like I said today, part of the sidewalk, and two nearby patios were jackhammered to pieces, and no one from the association notified me. sure, I don't have a patio, but I was subject to the excessive noise that took place right outside my building. hell, they never even told me when my deck was finally getting replaced, I just had to surmise it from the construction equipment going up, and a conversation I initiated with the construction crew.
Celestialbloo
Demolition Lover
Celestialbloo
April 5th, 2021 at 10:36pm
I can see that. I just couldn't believe when I was shopping around for condos that some of the hoa fees were like a quarter of the mortgage alone.
beaker;
beaker;
April 6th, 2021 at 12:55am
my sister signed me up for her county. which is in a different state, but apparently they're taking pa residents, because pa can't get their shit together with vaccinations
and she said she might be able to administer it to me herself once I get an appointment

my dad got his 2nd dose today. so how he reacts will be a good indication of how my body will react
liza minnelli;
Ghost in the Snow
liza minnelli;
April 6th, 2021 at 04:31pm
i never thought i'd be into first dates, but i watched an episode for the first time recently and now i'm hooked, it's actually so good
whipstickagostop;
Like Phantoms, Forever
whipstickagostop;
April 6th, 2021 at 04:37pm
thought you went on a first date
liza minnelli;
Ghost in the Snow
liza minnelli;
April 6th, 2021 at 05:40pm
haha nah, it's this british reality show
beaker;
beaker;
April 6th, 2021 at 06:28pm
I'm pretty sure that anyone who thinks eating sounds or mouth sounds belong under the label of asmr, don't actually experience asmr themselves
beaker;
beaker;
April 6th, 2021 at 07:58pm
there's something strangely satisfying about using the slow cooker to make dinner.
especially since I'm home all day, I can put the food in on my break, and it's ready by the end of the day
Celestialbloo
Demolition Lover
Celestialbloo
April 7th, 2021 at 12:03am
whipstickagostop;
Like Phantoms, Forever
whipstickagostop;
April 7th, 2021 at 01:07pm
beaker;
beaker;
April 7th, 2021 at 06:25pm
New TOP song released, and I think it's safe to say I don't care for the direction they went. It's not bad, just not for me.
I miss being excited for new music.
beaker;
beaker;
April 7th, 2021 at 08:36pm
I got that purple pajama shirt, and I love it. It fits well enough to be a pajama shirt, and it's really cool to the touch, so that'll be great when it gets really warm out. I haven't worn it to bed yet because I have to wash it, but I'm happy with it so far
I kind of want to get more of that shirt so I can wear them out walking
Celestialbloo
Demolition Lover
Celestialbloo
April 7th, 2021 at 09:28pm
Filing my taxes wasn't nearly as crazy as I thought it would be this year. I didn't even know there was a filing date extension.
Celestialbloo
Demolition Lover
Celestialbloo
April 8th, 2021 at 12:00am
Why do tik toks have to be so loud? They always have to be at like the max decibels that my laptop can produce.

/old man yells at cloud