Don't have an account? Create one!

Obscene profanity in kids?

AuthorMessage
My Chemical Kid
Killjoy
My Chemical Kid
November 18th, 2013 at 11:21pm
I *being 14* ride the bus to and from school everyday as I did last year and I noticed there the most on how horriby kids talk. Yes I understand its "cool" and just about every kid goes trough a phase like this but it seems to be spiraling out of control!
The age group when this starts seems to get younger and younger first of all. When I was in the sixth grade, all the kids knew all the curse words but they wouldn't use them. Now, being a freshman in highschool I've come across kids with horribly obscene language. This I think is lowering the class of our generation, which I care about. I don't want adults looking at me and assuming that I'm a shallow kid cursing and talking badly because every other kid does. I want my generation to be some what knowledgeable and skillful but with the way we talk people don't think that. They look down on us as kids not young adults. Some of this is to blame on some television shows (particularly on MTV) and other media but it ultimately lies in our ever shrinking maturity.
I can totally see cussing I mean I'm in school I know it's a 'cool' thing to do but it gets outrageously excessive alot. It's not really the words much it's the content of what they are saying. It's very graphically sexual and I don't even think they know what they are talking about. Also guys talk very sexually when girls are around which I hate because I feel they are just trying to impress a pretty girl by saying these horrible things. What's the most annoying is that the girls laugh and play along with it. I find this very absurd.
This is just my view on kids talking with horrible language and introducing it to younger generations.
My Chemical Kid
Killjoy
My Chemical Kid
November 19th, 2013 at 09:24pm
Thanks for reading! Smile
Hello World
Killjoy
Hello World
March 2nd, 2014 at 11:33pm
It's true, but it's been going on for a number of years. I'm in my late I'm not too much older than you, and I remember being in the sixth grade and being completely cursed out by a small group of girls who didn't like me. All the time, these girls would just curse me out and say the most vulgar things, randomly, just because they didn't like me and they thought that I was lame or something. It just started, all of a sudden, and eventually fizzled out. When I was younger, maybe about 9 or ten, in a religious institution this kid who was around the same age as I was cursing me out and saying the rudest things that I would never call someone, like "fucking asshole" and "stupid dumbass" in the most contemptuous ways possible. I'm white. I hate it when nonwhite kids start making stupid, inappropriate racist jokes to impress their friends and or girlfriends. I have barely escaped being hurt by teenager because of my race. I was in a community activity, and a very intelligent, talented young kid was saying "When I grow up, I want to be Crypt." Wow, that's a nice thing to aspire to be. That's from our media glorifying be "gangsta".

I didn't have cable during my childhood, so I was surprised when I saw kids dancing sexy during a sixth grade dance. By the eighth grade dance, it was crazy

The media raises children to be bums by implanting the cute little idea into their heads that "Homework's not cool!". Okay, teach the next generation of Americans to have a sense of entitlement and a shitty work ethic.
Emo Trash
Killjoy
Emo Trash
May 29th, 2017 at 10:46pm
At My school no one cares I really don't see why children swearing is so bad. They're most likely going to swear sometime in their life I personally don't give a fuck.