Don't have an account? Create one!

Cobra Starship

AuthorMessage
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
August 22nd, 2007 at 04:50pm
I'm glad you had fun.
Cobra Starship is one of my favorite live bands.
And Gabe has got to be one of the nicest guys on Earth.
I like that bottom picture. Smile
soleil vs the dark.
Awake and Unafraid
soleil vs the dark.
August 22nd, 2007 at 11:11pm
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
August 23rd, 2007 at 12:33am
LOL at that for real. Smile
magda_poland
Joining The Black Parade
magda_poland
August 24th, 2007 at 03:05pm
beehived harlot.:
I'm glad you had fun.
Cobra Starship is one of my favorite live bands.
And Gabe has got to be one of the nicest guys on Earth.
I like that bottom picture. Smile

I'll definately try to meet them again! Cobra Starship is the best live band I've seen...
Gabe was so funny xD I still remember his surprised face when I told him not to hit my friend with a piece of paper he held xD or when I noticed that he winked right after he said something xD LIAR! Hahaha xD

My friend came up with an idea for those joint fangs up ^^ Cute.
Nine in the afteroon
Joining The Black Parade
Nine in the afteroon
August 24th, 2007 at 07:06pm
i think now that heir new CD is coming out they need to a headlining tour
magda_poland
Joining The Black Parade
magda_poland
August 24th, 2007 at 10:31pm
New record, yeah... It'll be like late birthday gift for me <3 I have b-day 2 days before the release! My fav bands tend to give me birthday gifts xD MCR gave me TBP album. LOL.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
September 4th, 2007 at 07:24am
According to the new issue of AP:
Cobra Starship have put snakes and planes in the past and are moving forward with a new album. Produced by senior Fueled By Ramen associate Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy), the currently untitled album is still in the knob-fiddling phase in New York City, but expected to drop in late October on Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen.

YAY YAY YAY.
I may be biased, but I think Patrick is a great producer.
soleil vs the dark.
Awake and Unafraid
soleil vs the dark.
September 4th, 2007 at 08:08am
YAAAY.
oh my god.
if it comes out on my birthday.
i'm going to be so happy.

edit// oh wait. we already know the release date.
whatever, a week before my birthday.
YAAAAAAAAAY. <3
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
September 4th, 2007 at 02:23pm
screech powers.:
When? : D
magda_poland
Joining The Black Parade
magda_poland
September 4th, 2007 at 04:53pm
bedussey:
screech powers.:
When? : D
Release: October 23rd
2 days after my b-day ^^
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
September 4th, 2007 at 09:33pm
I'm so excited.
I'll be there waiting, probably. Smile
soleil vs the dark.
Awake and Unafraid
soleil vs the dark.
September 4th, 2007 at 11:39pm
wait, wait, wait.

COBRA STARSHIP
We’re very excited to announce that Cobra Starship’s new album Viva La Cobra! will be out this fall.

Viva La Cobra?! I thought it was "If the World is Ending, We Are Throwing the Party" ??
soleil vs the dark.
Awake and Unafraid
soleil vs the dark.
September 5th, 2007 at 02:38am
v e n g e a n c e
Salute You in Your Grave
v e n g e a n c e
September 5th, 2007 at 04:19am
i dont like the new album name D:
the other one was so much cooler
v e n g e a n c e
Salute You in Your Grave
v e n g e a n c e
September 5th, 2007 at 04:21am
Have you guys heard the bring it demo?

lol it's seriously just gabe and it sounds strange
soleil vs the dark.
Awake and Unafraid
soleil vs the dark.
September 5th, 2007 at 04:26am
OH MY GOD
THAT'S WHAT HE SAYS
AT THE END OF
IT'S AMATEUR NIGHT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
I NEVER KNEW WHAT HE SAID
UNTIL NOW.
THANK YOU
FOR SHOWING
ME THAT.

OH MY GOD.
v e n g e a n c e
Salute You in Your Grave
v e n g e a n c e
September 5th, 2007 at 04:27am
WHAT DOES HE SAY I DONT KNOW THE WORDS!
i keep going "so kiss me go-"
what does he saaaaaaay
AND ITS OKAY!

OH MY GOD.
soleil vs the dark.
Awake and Unafraid
soleil vs the dark.
September 5th, 2007 at 07:36am
icecreamhdaches@livejournal:
COBRA STARSHIP SET TO LAUNCH NEW ALBUM; PATRICK STUMP-PRODUCED COLLECTION "¡VIVA LA COBRA!" DROPS ON OCTOBER 23RD

Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen dance-punk sensation Cobra Starship has disclosed details of their new album, entitled "¡VIVA LA COBRA!" The album - which follows the band's 2006 debut, "WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS, WE RULE THE STREETS" - will arrive in stores on October 23rd. The sophomore release was recorded in Brooklyn, NY in July and was produced by Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump.

"¡VIVA LA COBRA!" was written in its entirety while the band was on a North American tour with labelmates Fall Out Boy. About the writing experience, frontman Gabe Saporta says, "We were always bored on tour because we played these enormo-domes outside the city. There was nothing around for miles, so we started writing songs on our laptops." Patrick Stump, a long-time friend of Saporta's, saw the tour as the perfect opportunity to collaborate with the band.

"We weren't planning on releasing a new album so quickly," Saporta says, "but by the end of the tour we had almost 15 songs written." The band made arrangements to record as much as they could in the twenty days they had before leaving on their world tour, and in that time managed to complete the entire record.

Lyrically, the album is both poignant and sarcastic. This paradox stems from the band's existence on the cusp of celebrity over the past year; the irony of being on high-profile tours, but being the opening band who still has to come home and worry about paying their rent. "It hit me in a weird way one day when this girl asked me what it was like to be famous, and I'm like, 'What? I'm not famous!'" As fortunate as Saporta is to experience and observe the celebrity lifestyle from the inside, the humor of it all is never lost on him. Among the album's many telling and electric highlights are such party anthems as "Guilty Pleasure," "Kiss My Sass," and "Damn You Look Good And I'm Drunk (Scandalous)."

An overt and overlying theme of the album is the tongue-in-cheek critique of celebrity culture, apparent in songs such as "Smile Wide for the Paparazzi," and "Prostitution Is The World's Oldest Profession (And I, Dear Madame, Am A Professional)." When asked about some of his lengthy song titles, frontman Gabe Saporta replied sardonically, "Well we decided to get a lil' crazy and 'push the envelope' on this album. So we brought back the one-word title too." (see "Angie" )

Cobra Starship's first effort, "WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS, WE RULE THE STREETS," made a spectacular chart debut in October 2006 by entering in the #1 spot on SoundScan's "Top New Artists" chart, while earning the band widespread critical praise. "It cannot be denied that Saporta can craft one hell of a hook," declared Alternative Press. "Every single one of (the album's) swaggering 11 tracks is immediately likeable." Newsday awarded the collection an "A-," noting that "strong hooks... let Cobra Starship surpass new-new-wave bands like The Bravery and The Rapture at warp speed."

The band hit the road hard right from the start, touring nearly non-stop through 2006 and 2007, including tours with Fall Out Boy, 30 Seconds To Mars, Panic! At The Disco, Gym Class Heroes, Boys Like Girls, and Cartel. Most recently, Cobra Starship completed a series of international dates, including performances at such world-renowned festivals as Japan's Summer Sonic '07, Belgium's Pukkelpop, and the UK's Carling Weekend at Reading and Leeds.
magda_poland
Joining The Black Parade
magda_poland
September 5th, 2007 at 05:35pm
Album's name has changed?! WTF?... .____. I don't like it xD

The lack of Beckett in the demo is frustrating xD I started to sing his part while listening to it xD
v e n g e a n c e
Salute You in Your Grave
v e n g e a n c e
September 18th, 2007 at 08:53pm
fvjnhkj
anyone know what brand gabes purple hoodie is?