Don't have an account? Create one!

Cobra Starship

AuthorMessage
brand new eyes
Always Born a Crime
brand new eyes
August 21st, 2008 at 01:13pm
Okay, so I'm seeing Cobra for the fourth time in October.
How early do you guys reccomend I get in line?
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
August 21st, 2008 at 03:17pm
Well, when does it say your show starts?
Because there are people who will get there VERY early to secure a spot up front.

We generally get to shows between 1-3 pm. The line isn't very long at that point, mostly die hards waiting with you.
But like I said, it can completely depend on the time your show starts.
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
August 21st, 2008 at 03:54pm
SparklingAppleCider:

actually, they just posted a bulletin/blog about west coast dates on their myspace, and there are five in california now. :]
brand new eyes
Always Born a Crime
brand new eyes
August 21st, 2008 at 09:10pm
zack hall.:
Well, when does it say your show starts?
Because there are people who will get there VERY early to secure a spot up front.

We generally get to shows between 1-3 pm. The line isn't very long at that point, mostly die hards waiting with you.
But like I said, it can completely depend on the time your show starts.

the show starts at seven i believe, maybe six.
but the thing is, it's an hour and a half away and on a friday, so my friend and i would get to my house about 2:45 PM after school, and to the venue about 4:30.
So I should be able to get a good spot, right?
Because all the other times I've seen them where I was wasn't a problem really.
When I saw them the first time March of 07 I got to the venue late because of a goddamn snow storm. It's a wicked epic story and when we told Ryland and Gabe, Gabe attacked us and thanked us for coming to the show. lmfao
And then I saw them the second time and it was assigned seating, and the third there was a major storm, and I got in line an hour before the doors opened and i got barricade because no one would wait in the bad weather. xD
jkl
Demolition Lover
jkl
August 21st, 2008 at 09:32pm
gabanti.:
actually, they just posted a bulletin/blog about west coast dates on their myspace, and there are five in california now. :]
Thanks!

Oh dang, all the shows are at least 3 hours away from me. At warped, I thought Gabe said they would be returning to Fresno on their tour. I must have heard wrong. =/ I need to do some major ass-kissing to convince my parents to let me go to one of the shows. XD
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
August 22nd, 2008 at 10:57am
chris fucking lent!:
the show starts at seven i believe, maybe six.
but the thing is, it's an hour and a half away and on a friday, so my friend and i would get to my house about 2:45 PM after school, and to the venue about 4:30.
So I should be able to get a good spot, right?
Because all the other times I've seen them where I was wasn't a problem really.
When I saw them the first time March of 07 I got to the venue late because of a goddamn snow storm. It's a wicked epic story and when we told Ryland and Gabe, Gabe attacked us and thanked us for coming to the show. lmfao
And then I saw them the second time and it was assigned seating, and the third there was a major storm, and I got in line an hour before the doors opened and i got barricade because no one would wait in the bad weather. xD
That's awesome!

That sounds like a decent time to get there. :]
You should get a good spot. <3
brand new eyes
Always Born a Crime
brand new eyes
August 22nd, 2008 at 02:40pm
zack hall.:
That's awesome!

That sounds like a decent time to get there. :]
You should get a good spot. <3

It was pretty amazing, because we were the only people who had an epic story to tell. We walked seven miles and took two trains, three busses, and a cab. lmfao

YES! Wow

My friend and I are bringing glow sticks.
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
August 23rd, 2008 at 03:12pm
so i'm trying to think of something to get gabe for his birthday, and i've decided i probably want to get him something he can wear.. like a hat or shirt or something. but i want to make it. and by make it, i mean put the words on it and stuff, luls.

ANYWAY... a fan made him this shirt which says "because i'm gabe saporta and i can do that." lmao. i know he likes to wear shirts like that, so i'm trying to think of something kind of similar to put on a shirt or hat or anything.
or something about dancing. xD
my friend and i came up with a few possibilities..
"i own the dancefloor."
"me > you."
"that one guy in that one band who dances."
or something. lmao. I DON'T KNOW. that type of thing.

help plz? :]
jkl
Demolition Lover
jkl
August 23rd, 2008 at 11:31pm
^Sorry I'm not all artsy farsty, but I really like the "me > you" one. Or perhaps, change it to "Gabe > you." I don't know, just a thought.

And if I somehow think of something clever, I'll let you know. :]
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
August 25th, 2008 at 11:07pm
so, fall out boy released a mixtape with some demos and new songs and stuff from themselves and other fbr bands, and cobra starship has a song on there.
i kissed a boy. lmfao.
I LOVE IT. i wish gabe sang higher, though.
but ahhh. <333
jkl
Demolition Lover
jkl
August 25th, 2008 at 11:15pm
No joke, I was gonna post about this earlier, but I had to leave. XD When I downloaded the mixtape I only added I Kissed A Boy and the Guy Ripley Intro.Tehe I might listen to the rest of it another time.

Hmm I'm wondering what people will get if they entered in their address on the form. I skipped out on that because I don't want my parents to be like, "Why are you giving our address out to strangers!?!?!!" It'll probably be something FOB related.
brendon urie.
Full of Ephedrine
brendon urie.
August 30th, 2008 at 05:39pm
cobra got in a car accident ):
from vicky-t's blog:

"so what happened my first day in New Zealand? well, I had a sweet day of sight seeing, took a nap, got up and dressed to go out. Was super excited to go out as I've been sick with a cold the past few days and stayed in. My good friend Aaron is in town which is fantastic. Gabe, Suarez, Aaron, our friend Sue and I get into a car. Just before we take off, I realized I couldn't wear a seatbelt. I ALWAYS wear a seatbelt and make everyone wear theirs as well.

I said to everyone "well if we get in a car accident. I love all of you." sure enough, what happens? we get in an accident and I get injured. Gabe went flying into the seat in front of him and hit his chest, I flew forward and was holding onto a handle inside the car and fucked up my arm and shoulder as a result. Luckily everyone is okay, sadly my arm is not. I couldn't move my arm at first but then eventually could after it clicked a few times.

An ambulance pulls up and out pops some paramedics and a camera crew. Some kind of reality tv show was in the ambulance and has been documenting different accidents. crazy.
So of course we dropped cobras and told the story of our accident!

I then had to go in an ambulance with my friend Aaron. There was a guy in the car with bad head injuries. It was sad. We had a dialogue about our accidents and I told him I knew he was going to end up alright. He smiled and thanked me.

Finally get to the hospital. Waited around for 5 hours. Got X-rays eventually. Ends up my shoulder is very badly sprained. I can't move it without coming to tears. It feels like every time I move it that it is dislocating - sucks. As I go to leave the guy with the head injuries is leaving as well. I smiled and said, "glad you're alright." he responded with, "glad you are too.
"

I was given a bunch of pain killers at the hospital. Returned to the hotel where TAI, Panic at the Disco and my boys all came back to meet me. They all greeted me, we had drinks, I then ate some breakfast and passed out around 7am.

I am on a couple pain killers at the moment and feeling loopy so hopefully my story telling is coherent. We just played a show. I had to play part of it in an arm sling. I was really out of it the whole time because of the pills I had to take for the pain.

I'm gonna go lay down. My arm is killing me.

but there you go. a little update- drive safe everyone and wear your seatbelts please! I'm so thankful none of us were severely injured."
brand new eyes
Always Born a Crime
brand new eyes
August 30th, 2008 at 06:18pm
Oh jeez, thank god it wasn't more serious! Cheese
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
August 30th, 2008 at 06:52pm
thank god it was nothing worse than a sprain.
it sounds horrible though, so i hope vicky-t is alright.
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
August 30th, 2008 at 08:34pm
Ugh, I'm glad they're all relatively okay. <3333
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
August 30th, 2008 at 08:50pm
zack hall.:
Ugh, I'm glad they're all relatively okay. <3333
jkl
Demolition Lover
jkl
August 30th, 2008 at 11:14pm
I'm so glad that they're all okay. And I think Victoria should have sat out of the show to get some rest. I'm sure the crowd would've understood.
brand new eyes
Always Born a Crime
brand new eyes
August 30th, 2008 at 11:22pm
^Yeah, I agree.
But I can understand why she'd wanna play through her pain. She probably didn't want to dissappoint anyone.
I hope she has a speedy recovery. : ( poor thing.
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
August 31st, 2008 at 01:05am
OCTOBER 26 Wow

They got in an accident?

Get well now, Victoria. Sad
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
September 14th, 2008 at 02:04am
gabe
came in and sang on folie a deux today. he also had a few more tricks up his sleeve.
-FOE

I am SOOOO excited about this. :D