Don't have an account? Create one!

Environmental Issues

AuthorMessage
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 4th, 2007 at 06:47am
I believe that we need to change the way we live significantly to improve the world.
However, this belief doesn't need to be linked to that of Global warming occuring.

Although people may have been talking about it for years all that I seem to hear is; 'global warming is happening', 'we need to stop global warming'. Very few people actually seem to be aware of what it is and what it means.

Firstly, where is the conclusive proof that the world is heating up? I read in the paper today a statistic that this is the warmest recorded january world wide since 1882. So, was global warming occuring then? Or was it maybe just hotter due to other factors?

Secondly, there are a wealth of studies into why the worlds climate may be changing, while i'm not going to cite any as my actual beliefs if you do your research then you'll find many plausible theories out there.

When I say that global warming is the 'thing to think' at the moment, I mean that many people believe (and force this belief on others) so fervently without, it appears, understanding what they are talking about.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
March 4th, 2007 at 07:21am
Fix_Me_In_45.:
I think no expense should be spared on using renewable energy sources to save the earth from global warming, pollution ect. But then you could argue that the government don't have enough dosh... i'm not really that clued up on politics
The earth can't be saved from global warming.
We're up shit creek.

If factories stopped, everyone started riding bikes and using oil to warm their houses, that still wouldn't fix it. The ozone layer is screwed, and just stopping won't fix it.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
July 10th, 2008 at 04:29pm
Too many people do not care about the environment and too many people do care, and I'm one of those people who do care about the environment.
Don't you just hate it when someone throws trash where it doesn't belong? I sure do, I've actually asked and told others to pick their garbage up and dispose of it in its proper place.
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
July 11th, 2008 at 02:21am
I love the way global warming is about politics and barely about science.lol
The fact is we've had the resources to stop this for a long time and failed to use them. Nuclear Energy anyone?
Seriously though, I think one of the biggest issues when it comes to global warming is that 2 of the biggest contributors ( namely India and China) haven't got the resources to reduce their carbon emissions. And the 1st world isn't doing as much as it can to compensate.
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
July 13th, 2008 at 11:14pm
HaleyRevanssi:
Ok. So I made the petition and here is the link:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/globalwarmingneedstobestoped/

Thanks. If you sign it!

Nice thought and everything but online petitions never really work. Especially with an issue this big.. :/
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 14th, 2008 at 12:13am
amity_xo:

Seriously though, I think one of the biggest issues when it comes to global warming is that 2 of the biggest contributors ( namely India and China) haven't got the resources to reduce their carbon emissions.

Don't forget America. While other countries have made a huge effort and succeeded in cutting back greenhouse emissions, America has really done nothing to reduce it's carbon footprint.
I think that it''s all up to us, we are the next generation and we're going get stuck with the problems of, and end up having to clean up after, those that came before us.

China is a 1st world country.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 14th, 2008 at 09:00am
pinkslip:
go hug a tree all you liberals.

That was really unnecessary. Next time you post in this section of the board, make sure you actually contribute something, yeah?
Reading the rules might help.

amity_xo:

Seriously though, I think one of the biggest issues when it comes to global warming is that 2 of the biggest contributors ( namely India and China) haven't got the resources to reduce their carbon emissions. And the 1st world isn't doing as much as it can to compensate.

What do you mean by "they don't have the resources"? Usually it doesn't take very much to become conservative with your energy consumption...