Am I Really Okay?
February 29th, 2008 at 09:07pm
I can help.
I know alot about the songs, or atleast enough for some meanings
xdemolition-loversx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xdemolition-loversx
March 17th, 2008 at 02:13pm
So i'm getting confused because i don't know what songs are concept songs and what songs are not, can anyone help because i keep hearing things from different people.
=)
my_nocturnal_romance
Killjoy
my_nocturnal_romance
March 21st, 2008 at 11:59am
i agree with them ^^^ im confused also.
elenaleerush
Killjoy
elenaleerush
August 16th, 2008 at 07:40pm
After having analised the words, sounds and possible hidden meanings in this song i have come the conclusion that it talks about a soildier in a trench of the first world war
To support my idea i gathered a handfull of clues: the noises at the beginning of the song, clearly it represents artillery fire
the letter thing, sending letters was the favourite passtime for soldiers in ww1
the "stop asking cry" phrase, letters were controlled very strictly and very often were scrapped because of the information they contained.
"made us famous" in the various conturies involved in the war the newspapers always spoke of the heroic heros fighting for freedom, completely ignoring their real situation.
"full of lies" propaganda, but this was a common thing in any war really.
"meant for the flies" hundreds of thousands of soldiers were left on the battlefield to rot, attracting insects and small animals to feast on the dead bodies.
"well mother tongue" the phisical and mental damage done by the war.
"baby girl" women wern't sent to war.
infection amputate" amputation was the only real thing medics could do to get rid of an infection and was a VERY common thing.
"for what own" still thinking on this one. its either an anonimous sign in a cemitary or a room in a mad house (since the war caused thousands of men to lose their mind due to the incredible stress).
"its really smell" when things were calm the situation might become confortable enough, everyone had food and somewhere to sleep whilst the smell was always bad because they had no toilets, only a ditch where to do what they had to and the smell of the dead started to be quite strong.
"brothers in arms" the friends that die in war.

As you can see all the various clues and hints all point to the same direction, the horrors of ww1.
XxXjetsetlifeXxX
Killjoy
XxXjetsetlifeXxX
August 17th, 2008 at 12:11pm
we need to make our website like this: www.mychemicalromance.com !!!
meatbeater
Killjoy
meatbeater
September 5th, 2008 at 06:53am
Wow, i believe world war one is a strong influence on the album. The characters in the song Welcome to the Black parade looked like they were in the 1918's. The patient who died, died in a tent which is indicative of a pandemic like the 1918 influenza outbreak that killed like 33% of the human population. The flu killed a whole generation as it affected mostly people between the age of 20-40. Overall, about 20,000,000 people died.
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
September 15th, 2008 at 09:52am
20 MILLION!?!?!?!?
whoa
mYcHeMiCaLrOsE
Killjoy
mYcHeMiCaLrOsE
March 16th, 2009 at 02:44am
It is a good idead to discuss what the songs mean. I more or less know some of them but I cant be to sure. Gerard was the one who wrote the songs.
Joker-love-Harley
Killjoy
Joker-love-Harley
June 8th, 2009 at 10:37pm
Song meaning; I'm Not Okay (I promice)

I always get the feeling that-well obviously through the music video: A nerd, A Popular-Together
The Popular person doesn't like (lets make it a girl) her life as a popular person "It's not the life it seems" And she's kinda secretly ♥With♥ the nerd and "It's better off this way" Means both -Nobody should no about us and you are better off not popular"
Now it's the nerds turn to talk
"Photographs your boyfriend took -and- remember when you broke your foot from jumping off the second floor" He's saying that she makes the popular life look so fun or she is just a b****

Okay -then "Im Not Okay" Would be Im not okay with my tag "Nerd or Popular" and the other one thinks they are.

Sorry if Im wrong (It's just what I think)
ChemicalKisses
Killjoy
ChemicalKisses
March 11th, 2010 at 09:17pm
I'd love to help with anything I can
The Aftermath
Killjoy
The Aftermath
December 1st, 2010 at 06:12pm
What's the policy on creating new threads for some of the new songs? Unless I'm much mistaken, a few them are missing, right? Didn't want to step on any toes by starting a thread myself...
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 2nd, 2010 at 09:09pm
The Aftermath:
What's the policy on creating new threads for some of the new songs? Unless I'm much mistaken, a few them are missing, right? Didn't want to step on any toes by starting a thread myself...
I don't think you can make threads in this section, only site staff can.

I've been working on posting them but I have a lot of end of semester work to do right now and I've been a bit busy.
CrashKing
Killjoy
CrashKing
December 29th, 2010 at 08:27pm
A . L . I . V . E
A LIVE I VAIN ENTERNITY
I WILL LIVE FOR EVER!!!
AS A GREAT KILLJOY!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 1st, 2011 at 11:38pm
CrashKing:
A . L . I . V . E
A LIVE I VAIN ENTERNITY
I WILL LIVE FOR EVER!!!
AS A GREAT KILLJOY!
wrong section ;D

you can go there to introduce yourself and more people will say hi there than in here. =]
skee_save_me_mcr
Killjoy
skee_save_me_mcr
January 21st, 2011 at 09:12pm
sounds epic Smile
RockHardAndLoud
Killjoy
RockHardAndLoud
August 4th, 2011 at 09:50am
I'd love to do this,three cheers for sweet revenge is my favourite album but I own them all so could easy analyse any of them in a 4-7 days
mar0o0ha
Bleeding on the Floor
mar0o0ha
September 6th, 2011 at 05:26pm
i can help too ...
for me all the songs by mcr are awesome i got them all but
Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys is my fav album
HiddenBehindDarkness
Killjoy
HiddenBehindDarkness
November 2nd, 2011 at 10:36am
I can do Im not Okay
mar0o0ha
Bleeding on the Floor
mar0o0ha
November 3rd, 2011 at 09:28am
guys i noticed that there's no ftwww thread is that right or im a blind Wink
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 18th, 2011 at 08:30am
mar0o0ha:
guys i noticed that there's no ftwww thread is that right or im a blind Wink
these were made when the album first came out, I don't think ftwww was out at the exact time i made the DD ones.

i'll look into it over the weekend.