Don't have an account? Create one!

Listen and Compare

AuthorMessage
M.Y.O.B.
Jazz Hands
M.Y.O.B.
March 22nd, 2007 at 02:42pm
Hi everyone!
I hope this is the right place for this topic.If not I'm sorry.
Well...I realized after listening to some MCR and FOB songs that there are similarities.
Like:
FOB: I've got all this ringing in my ears and none on my fingers---compare with---MCR:You know what they do to guys like us in prison------>Listen the beggining of these songs.
ALSO:
MCR: Welcome to the black parade(00:26)--VS--FOB: The take over the break's over(02:55)-->the drum rythm.

SmileListen them and You will hear it.

Have you already found songs like these?Post them here and discuss what do you think about it.And again:if this isn't the place for this thread or there's already a thread on this topic please inform me!!!

Anyway I think it's funny how you can find exactly the same rythms in these songs.I think it's amazing.
And I'll search for some more examples! It's so much fun! Dance

Also if you find the same lyrics as MCR's in other band's songs post them here!
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:02pm
Comparing MCR to FOB? MCR sounds like nothing else...and certainly not FOB. Thumb down
daniel radcliffe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
daniel radcliffe.
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:06pm
Two Bands I Love..........Yay........
M.Y.O.B.
Jazz Hands
M.Y.O.B.
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:10pm
Okay well...Its just a thread.And I just realized some similarities.I did NOT say that we can compare THEM as BANDS.I just think it's interesting.But you don't think so.It's okay.
And if I wasn't clear,I'm sorry.I love MCR more than any other bands in the world but it's just interesting.And not only MCR-contra-FOB.
I also wrote, if you find some rythm or lyrics similarities between MCR and OTHER bands(not only FOB) post them here.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:15pm
...can I compare MCR songs to MCR songs?

I've said before on this board that Headfirst For Halos and Dead! sound alike stylistically.

Like there's the mini guitar part in the beginning, then it's fast paced, then there is a guitar solo. The clapping in Headfirst goes with the "lalalalala"'s in Dead!, and then at the end they both have shouting. Headfirst has a shouting of "woo!" and Dead! has "DEAD!".

Oh and WTTBP and Bohemian Rhapsody sound the same.
M.Y.O.B.
Jazz Hands
M.Y.O.B.
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:23pm
Yeah!
I've just discovered!Wow thanks!It is good!But yes....okay well Dead! is faster while Headfirst For Halos is slower but yeah.I can hear it!Smile
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:27pm
why are we laughing?:

I've said before on this board that Headfirst For Halos and Dead! sound alike stylistically.

Like there's the mini guitar part in the beginning, then it's fast paced, then there is a guitar solo. The clapping in Headfirst goes with the "lalalalala"'s in Dead!, and then at the end they both have shouting. Headfirst has a shouting of "woo!" and Dead! has "DEAD!".

Yeah, I always thought "Headfirst for Halos" and "Dead!" sounded alike.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 22nd, 2007 at 07:42pm
Forget Fall Out Boy, doesn't this sound a lot like part of "Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us"?
daniel radcliffe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
daniel radcliffe.
March 22nd, 2007 at 07:45pm
^^Yes It Does
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:46am
why are we laughing?:

I never noticed that. But now that you say that, your right. Hmm, I can't
wait to go listen to the songs. -in school-
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:52pm
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
why are we laughing?:

ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:52pm
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
why are we laughing?:

"Dead!" was modeled on HFH. It was stated in the TBP spec ed booklet (which I dont have :[)
queen bodicea
Motor Baby
queen bodicea
March 23rd, 2007 at 04:15pm
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
Forget Fall Out Boy, doesn't this sound a lot like part of "Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us"?

Very similiar! Especailly the bass lines.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:03pm
megamouth2:
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
why are we laughing?:

"Dead!" was modeled on HFH. It was stated in the TBP spec ed booklet (which I dont have :[)
Really? Cool. I wish they would sell that stuff seperatly from the cd. I have the cd...I don't need a second one. Plus it cost a lot..I have lots of $$$ but I'm pretty miserly.
ophelia
Killjoy
ophelia
March 25th, 2007 at 07:34am
so. this is my first post (be happy and surprized!! Razz) and so. you're absolutely right, these songs are a little bit similar... i'll find more similarities that you will be happy!!

(im so sorry, because my English knowledge is rather poor... Embarassed )
M.Y.O.B.
Jazz Hands
M.Y.O.B.
March 25th, 2007 at 01:25pm
Hehe!Wow!Nice to see you here my friend!And you don't have to worry we are tolerant....hihi......so just go for it and write down those song you found!Smile
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
April 10th, 2008 at 07:07am
I'll have to get the FOB song.
I'll then compare them and see.
I'm sure they didn't do it on purpsoe.
That goes for both bands.
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
April 10th, 2008 at 11:13am
my gran is pretty damn certain that the guitar in Teenagers is from a different song, but she doesnt know which ,so if she remembers ill get back to you guys
but a dream
Jazz Hands
but a dream
April 10th, 2008 at 11:26am
there's just that many notes in music, and that many chord structures... i guess it's inevitable that some songs will sound similar, even if one was not explicitly modelled after another.

but hell they are all good songs!
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
April 25th, 2008 at 09:18pm
My dad is certain he knows the guitar part from Disenchanted from a random old song, that he doesn't know the name of