Don't have an account? Create one!

12/01/2007 - Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena.

AuthorMessage
Snoopaky
Killjoy
Snoopaky
December 3rd, 2007 at 03:01am
that was THE best concert EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DemonLeaf
Bleeding on the Floor
DemonLeaf
December 3rd, 2007 at 11:01am
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! it was fucking amazing!!! Very HappyVery Happy my first real concert!!!!Very Happy LOL! ahh so awesome!
Emmii_MCR
Killjoy
Emmii_MCR
December 4th, 2007 at 07:33am
FANTASTIC, AWESOME, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, BREATHTAKING AND SPECTACULAR CONCERT MUCH? I HAD SOOO MUCH FUN!!!

sorry, still hyped up and it was 3 days ago!
Emmii_MCR
Killjoy
Emmii_MCR
December 4th, 2007 at 07:33am
FANTASTIC, AWESOME, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, BREATHTAKING AND SPECTACULAR CONCERT MUCH? I HAD SOOO MUCH FUN!!!

Snoopaky
Killjoy
Snoopaky
December 4th, 2007 at 07:51am
Emmii_MCR:

my friend and I still can't get over it either... it was exactly what you've said above... Gerard was fantastic!!
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
December 6th, 2007 at 06:48am
Yeah, it was amazing.

Does anybody have a good quality version of Cancer? & the full song?

Or does anybody have Prison?
DemonLeaf
Bleeding on the Floor
DemonLeaf
December 7th, 2007 at 07:01am
yeah i have prison and the whole speech thing gee did at the begining of it lol
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
December 7th, 2007 at 07:17am
^ AH! could you put it on youtube for me?
Snoopaky
Killjoy
Snoopaky
December 11th, 2007 at 09:16pm
Hayley Williams:
Yeah, it was amazing.

Does anybody have a good quality version of Cancer? & the full song?

Or does anybody have Prison?

there's a good version of cancer on youtube, I think it's just missing the end bit where Gerard stops before singing the last word... the sound quality is really good though, better than other ones that are on youtube...
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
December 15th, 2007 at 01:15am
what happened after the show?

about 20 minutes after everybody started screaming.
Snoopaky
Killjoy
Snoopaky
December 16th, 2007 at 09:23pm
Hayley Williams:
what happened after the show?

about 20 minutes after everybody started screaming.

what do you mean? outside? i think my friend read somewhere on the internet that they came out and got into a car... and left... i was standing in line hoping to buy a bag but they were all sold out Sad should have gone before the show....
elizaFREAK
Killjoy
elizaFREAK
December 19th, 2007 at 05:57am
Gerard did run off stage straight away, didn't he? (From what I can remember)
Cemetery Drive1992
Killjoy
Cemetery Drive1992
December 27th, 2007 at 06:48am
It was the best night of my life!!! I loved the fire in Mama! I loved the big bangs in Famous Last words! ahhh... I miss them!
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
December 30th, 2007 at 11:31pm
^ If anyone was wondering what exactly happened after the show, a whole group of people were waiting outside at the carpark for MCR to come out. Circa Survive came out first, and well...they didn't appreciate it. Apparently they threw coins at him [because he needed money to buy shoes...].
And then straight after that MCR came out and everyone went crazy, but the security got pissed at the fans and made them go away. So yeah. That's the story.

AND. I bought Blunt mag and I found this article in it:

Letter of the Month
I was recently went to the My Chemical romacen/Circa Survive/The Getaway Plan show at Rod Laver arena. Not by choice mind you - the amount of brainwashed, black-donning fans there was enough to make me sick. I mean, damn - aren't people sick of these overrated, overplayed tossers? (To MCR fans; MCR have NOT saved your stupid life. They're just another bunch of godless, money-hungry backstabbing bastards like the rest ofthe cockheads out there). But anyway, back to my point. Frankly, I was expecting the show to be a flop - and it turned out to be largely so. I don't know if the thousands of other ignorant people in the arena thought that Gerard Way could sing, but I've heard better sounds coming out of cats mating. The pyrotechnics throughout the show didn't compensate for the garbage being referred to as "singing".
And was it a joke getting Circa Survive to support?! I purposely missed their set to buy merch from the ONLY decent sounding band on the night. The Getaway Plan were utterly superb, and I was surprised by how good the sound transition from CD to stage was. It was crap that they only had enough time to play 4 or 5 songs, especially since the two bands following them had singers whose voices sounded NOTHING like their albums. Personally, I htought it was a laugh that an unpretentious local band could upstage the international "hotshots".
In short, I think I'll stick to the little gigs from the bands not overplayed on radio or shows such as the Hot Hits, Take 40 or bullshit like that. Chances are they'll sound better live.

That sort of...ruined my day.
Cemetery Drive1992
Killjoy
Cemetery Drive1992
December 31st, 2007 at 03:13am
I waited after the show about an hour or so. ^^ I know! I read the article today! It was the best concert!! I loved it!! I thought the The Getaway Plan and Circa Survive were okay
Cemetery Drive1992
Killjoy
Cemetery Drive1992
December 31st, 2007 at 03:13am
I waited after the show about an hour or so. ^^ I know! I read the article today! It was the best concert!! I loved it!! I thought the The Getaway Plan and Circa Survive were okay
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
January 1st, 2008 at 08:34am
TGP were awesome.
My friends and I got a photo with them.
Cemetery Drive1992
Killjoy
Cemetery Drive1992
January 2nd, 2008 at 06:54am
^^ Awesome!! lucky to meet them Smile
xXrevengeXx
Killjoy
xXrevengeXx
January 4th, 2008 at 10:11pm
That concert was absolutely awesome. I couldn't help laughing because my friend only knew 3 songs and she was singing what she thought the lyrics were, it was really funny. I wish i got better seats though, i was down the bottom of the upper level lol. oh well i was glad i still went there!
meganelizabeth
Thinking Happy Thoughts
meganelizabeth
February 2nd, 2008 at 11:05am
i get that the concert was a while ago and you probably don't remember,

but can anyone recall when they played a song that noone had a clue was?
it only went for about a minute,
but was it a cover?
or a little sneak peak of their new stuff?

i got a recording of it,
but it's really crap =[

i still keep listening to it though, and its bugging me..

can anyone help??

xx