Don't have an account? Create one!

The MCR Main Thread - the Personal Lives of the Band.

AuthorMessage
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
September 14th, 2007 at 12:02pm
Lyn-Z has tattoos, right? If she does, isn't Gee creeped out by it?
DylanLee-Way
Fabulous Killjoy
DylanLee-Way
September 19th, 2007 at 09:29am
maybe binalewala na lang ni gerard yun....hehe...
haha....ang ganda ni Lyn-Z! botong-boto ako!!! hehee....

(belated happy birthday kay celeb.crushie kong si mikey way....) Naughty
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
September 19th, 2007 at 10:40am
Yeah. Maybe. Dahil mahal na mahal ni Gee, binalewala lang niya yun
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
September 21st, 2007 at 12:23am
Okay, I like Lyn-Z, but I don't like the vocalist of her band, MSI.
The vocalist tried to set his pubic hair on fire in a concert!
lorilee krizelle.
In The Murder Scene
lorilee krizelle.
September 23rd, 2007 at 11:39am
frerard still owns
i don't care that gee is married
and
frankie is engaged
they are perfect together!
lmfao

kidding people.
Tehe
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
September 24th, 2007 at 10:51am
Check this guys. Let me see your views. Read the whole thing:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Troubled band put out of self-harm's way

On a wet Wednesday morning, four black-clad teenage girls sit on a wall in west London, staring at the entrance of the sleek boutique hotel where My Chemical Romance are staying. The girls wear determined expressions and the kind of eye make-up that looks like it has been applied while wearing oven gloves. Occasionally, one of them gingerly makes her way across the road and into the hotel lobby. Once there, she nonchalantly attempts to blend into her surroundings. Within seconds, a member of staff gently ushers her back into the rain. With meek, good-humoured resignation, she returns to the wall. A few minutes later, the process starts again.

These are the emos, a pop-culture tribe outed by a British tabloid as the Dangerous Teen Cult of Self-Harm, a menace devoted to black hair dye, My Chemical Romance and cutting themselves. As they plan their umpteenth timid assault on the hotel's revolving door, they don't look much like a terrifying youth death cult and it's hard to work out precisely how severe a threat is posed to society by a few girls who can't outfox a hotel receptionist.

In a suite several storeys above, My Chemical Romance are inclined to agree. The band's five members make unlikely candidates for leadership of a dangerous teen cult, but they also make unlikely candidates for global rock superstars, which they are becoming: their record company confidently predicts sales of 10 million for their third album, The Black Parade.

Intelligent, disarmingly frank and extremely polite, frontman Gerard Way speaks with the kind of nasal, blue-collar New Jersey accent that evokes a shadowy world of wiseguys and made men. But this rather belies his nerdy previous career as an unsuccessful comic-book illustrator, who was spurred to form My Chemical Romance by the events of 9/11. He is handsome, but not in the angular way of the rock frontman: between the curious silver dye job and the military jacket lurks a rather wholesome, apple-pie face.

By contrast, his brother, bassist Mikey, looks every inch the stuff of middle America's post-Columbine nightmares: his dyed black hair plastered to his head, his eyes ringed with kohl, his skinny frame swathed in a black leather trenchcoat. Guitarist Frank Iero wears the male emo uniform - tight black jeans, dyed black hair swept over one eye, pierced lip, tattoos - but his fellow guitarist Ray Toro gives the appearance of having been parachuted in from an entirely different band at short notice: his hair is long and frizzy, his expression permanently set to mild bemusement. Jazz-trained drummer Bob Bryar bears more than a passing resemblance to Elbow frontman Guy Garvey. Iero suggests that their peculiar appearance may have something to do with their popularity among adolescents: "They're not f---ing ashamed of who they are any more because this cool band came out that is f---ing retarded and ashamed and awkward like me, so maybe being retarded and ashamed and awkward is not a bad thing."

Way says with a frown: "I'm surprised a newspaper thought we were such a threat that they had to write a whole article about us and our fans, calling them a death cult." His brother wearily points out that we have been here before. "In the 1980s, people thought Judas Priest was promoting suicide," he sighs. "They were like, Dee Snider from Twisted Sister? Dude's in league with the devil, man!"

In addition, they claim not to be an emo band at all. "We're so opposed to it because when we started out there were emo bands all around and we stuck out as not being emo," Gerard complains. "What that translated to is that we couldn't get booked up for shows; no one would take us on tour with them apart from Christian metal bands. We didn't get any of the benefits of being an emo band, our influences didn't come from emo. We just became emo by default, because we became one of the biggest bands from that scene." He quickly corrects himself: "That we weren't even a part of."

You could argue that Way's protestations are par for the course: it's a long-established custom that every band self-evidently at the forefront of a musical sub-genre will loudly announce they have absolutely nothing to do with said musical sub-genre, fearful of being swept aside when fashions change. But My Chemical Romance have a stronger case than most, largely because no one seems to have a clue what emo is. It is the business of new movements in youth culture to baffle older onlookers, but emo seems to have gone one stage further and baffled even its participants.

The "emo" name has been lurking in the US punk underground for 20 years. First, it was shorthand for the "emotional hardcore" plied by mid-1980s Washington DC combos Rites of Spring and Embrace. A decade on, it was used to describe the tuneful, angst-ridden punk-pop of Sunny Day Real Estate, Thursday and Jimmy Eat World.

Now it is appended to My Chemical Romance. The case for the prosecution includes Iero's appearance, their debut being produced by a member of Thursday and the band members' openness about their mental-health issues. One unnamed member apparently suffered a nervous breakdown during the recording of The Black Parade, while Way's punishing intake of alcohol, cocaine and the anti-anxiety drug Xanax - long since abandoned - caused him to become suicidally depressed. "Let me put it this way: I went on tour to Japan and I didn't pack anything because I thought I wasn't coming back."

The case for the defence would note that The Black Parade has absolutely nothing in common musically with Rites of Spring or Sunny Day Real Estate. A florid concept album about a thirtysomething cancer victim, it variously recalls Pink Floyd's The Wall, T Rex, the tormented oompah of Kurt Weill, Queen and, most unlikely of all, Oasis. It is so deliciously, unrepentantly over the top that when Liza Minnelli makes an unexpected guest appearance on a track called Mama, it barely causes the listener to raise an eyebrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is from The Sydney Morning Herald
DylanLee-Way
Fabulous Killjoy
DylanLee-Way
September 26th, 2007 at 07:33am
"We're so opposed to it because when we started out there were emo bands all around and we stuck out as not being emo," Gerard complains. "What that translated to is that we couldn't get booked up for shows; no one would take us on tour with them apart from Christian metal bands. We didn't get any of the benefits of being an emo band, our influences didn't come from emo. We just became emo by default, because we became one of the biggest bands from that scene." He quickly corrects himself: "That we weren't even a part of."

>i love this line from him!!!!
and i've read the entire article.....
it purely described 'emo' people, that MCR wasn't reallty part of.....<
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
September 26th, 2007 at 09:56am
yeah!!! awesome awesome awesome! alam niyo naman kasi, kahit anong pilit nyo dyan, hindi EMO, and they never will be, ang MCR. They'll never be EMO, they said it themselves.
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
October 7th, 2007 at 06:23am
yah!!

ang kuLet kc ng mga classmates ko!!
azar!!!
pinagpipilitan nilang EMO ang MCR..
fuck them!!!
azar tLga..
naku... iprint ko nga ung mga nakasulat dun ^
ipangungudngod ko sa mga mukha nila..
subukan pa nilang kumontra..
papatayin ko sila..
hehehe

by the way..
Lyn-Z's real name...
Lindsey Ballato...
yan kc nabasa ku sa Wikipedia..
try searching for it..

un lng...
Jeanne Paulin.
Shotgun Sinner
Jeanne Paulin.
October 7th, 2007 at 09:10am
Ha?!?! Oh my, I'm spacing out.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 8th, 2007 at 09:30am
Lindsey B. Way...... Cool. I just don't like the B. Parang "fat" letter.... But I'm not saying Bob is fat!
Jeanne Paulin.
Shotgun Sinner
Jeanne Paulin.
October 8th, 2007 at 04:56pm
^^ HA?! Sino yun?
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 9th, 2007 at 11:58am
Si Lyn-Z!!! Yung asawa ni Gee! Tapos si Bob! As in Bob Bryar!
Jeanne Paulin.
Shotgun Sinner
Jeanne Paulin.
October 12th, 2007 at 07:11am
Naguguluhan na ako.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 12th, 2007 at 12:42pm
Ako din, sorry.... naguguluhan din ako sa lahat ng nangyayari...
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
October 12th, 2007 at 12:48pm
hey.. zzup?!

anchute nmn nun..

Mrs. Lindsey B. Way

hahaha...
am happy for the both of them...
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 13th, 2007 at 07:57am
Lindsey Ann B. Way... Aw, ang cute !
Jeanne Paulin.
Shotgun Sinner
Jeanne Paulin.
October 14th, 2007 at 11:39am
T_T
I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYMORE.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 15th, 2007 at 10:01am
^...Awww... Why? D ka ba updated?
Jeanne Paulin.
Shotgun Sinner
Jeanne Paulin.
October 15th, 2007 at 10:54am
^ Yep, I'm not. I'm not really in the MCR zone these days... it's been months though XD