Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard doing a London Signing

AuthorMessage
Big_Pants
Really Not Okay
Big_Pants
October 26th, 2007 at 04:52pm
It's a comic book signing. A lot of the time they take place during the day on week days. I'm sorry that a lot of fans may miss this but he's going as a comic writer not the singer of a band. I'm travelling back from Sheffield that day and will probably get there too late too but I'm just glad that some people will get to meet him and get their comics signed. You can't please everyone. Some people don't finish work until after 7 so the 5-7 suggestion doesn't help them. Ditto having it at the weekend.
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
October 26th, 2007 at 05:35pm
It WAS just a suggestion. I think you're answer was rather snippy.
12-2 is NOT practical for anyone, even comic book lovers, which is what we are.
x-men FTW! *gigglesnort* Very Happy
and at the momnet, they aren't pleasing anyone.
That's all we're saying, we're unhappy.

Big_Pants
Really Not Okay
Big_Pants
October 26th, 2007 at 05:45pm
It's not good for me either lol! What I mean is at the very least some people (most likely NOT me) will get to meet him. The guy's just trying to promote his comic while he's over here with his band. I'm surprised he's got the time to do it at all if the single release is due on the 12th. I figured any days not playing a show would be spent on promo for that.

And I wasn't being snippy Smile
CryIDontCare
Salute You in Your Grave
CryIDontCare
October 26th, 2007 at 07:56pm
Can anyone answer these questions for me please? Err, well, I've never been to one of these things before (I might be able to go... I dunno) and well, do you just go in and order a ticket there, is it whoevers there first gets the ticket? Or do you have to pre-order a ticket? Where can you get the comic book, I can't go to a website without in already being sold out Disgust

And yeah, when you get to the place, would you know where to go to the signing place? Or is it really easy to get lost.

Sorry about all the questions if they sound stupid or 'teenie-like' xDDD
banana
Fabulous Killjoy
banana
October 26th, 2007 at 08:19pm
oh why do i have to finsih work at 12?!!
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
October 27th, 2007 at 12:15am
I really want to go.
It's the day after my mcr show.
My mum would let me, she knows how obsessed I am with the comic!! I forced her to read it. xP
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
October 27th, 2007 at 11:02am
CryIDontCare:
Can anyone answer these questions for me please? Err, well, I've never been to one of these things before (I might be able to go... I dunno) and well, do you just go in and order a ticket there, is it whoevers there first gets the ticket? Or do you have to pre-order a ticket? Where can you get the comic book, I can't go to a website without in already being sold out Disgust

And yeah, when you get to the place, would you know where to go to the signing place? Or is it really easy to get lost.

Sorry about all the questions if they sound stupid or 'teenie-like' xDDD

well there is nothing there about ordering a ticket so i would suggest its a turn up and queue thing but i would keep checking the website.

forbidden planet sells the comic i got a signed book day one and the first one in there so you should be able to get a copy on the day.
and the place isnt that big. when you go in there will be tills to your right head up past them and down the stairs in front of you. cause i imagine it will be downstairs as thats where all the comics are sold.
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
October 27th, 2007 at 11:05am
i hope i can go everytime i go in there (which is alot) I nag the guys about when he will be in and now its typical i am at work that day. maybe i will use some of my holiday.
i hope other people can sort it out so they can get there too. but remember guys he is a busy guy too so dont bitch about the timing not suiting you cause its not like he can please everyone and this is primarily about the comic not the band.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 27th, 2007 at 12:31pm
I would call the store to find out if it is a ticketed signing or a queue signing. Every store is different and will do a signing based on their size. A large store or a mall store will hold bigger artists and do a ticketed signing so that people can wander around waiting for their ticket group to be called. Smaller stores may just queue up and close the queue when they reach capacity. I don't know what size store this signing is in or which kind of ticketing they will be using. Some are required that you wait for *your* number to be called, others will call ticket numbers in groups of 50 - 100 and queue them up, then call out the next group of numbers as that group gets finished.

When a store hosts an artist for a signing they usually lay in a supply of that artist's work so that people will have something to buy. That's the main reason they do signings, to sell more books. I would assume that would be true at this store as well, if you don't have a book, you should be able to purchase one from the store then get it signed. They get the money that they spent on the artist back from book sales. If you bring something in from outside, they don't make any money. You may also want to make sure the store is allowing you to bring in outside items, some of them require a book purchase from the store for exactly that reason.

(sorry if that was too much information for a simple question -- I help set up signings so I know a lot about what goes into them....)
jadepansy459
Thinking Happy Thoughts
jadepansy459
October 27th, 2007 at 11:42pm
aaaarghh... if it is a wednesday.. then i can't go either *cries*
does anybody know if it definitely is that date???
im stressing lol.
xxx
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
October 28th, 2007 at 01:15am
Oh God, I hope at least a sustancial amount of people go (even if it doesn't include me but fuck school). I'm kind of thinking that if not alot of people don't come because of the times he'll think no one's interested.
CryIDontCare
Salute You in Your Grave
CryIDontCare
October 28th, 2007 at 06:51pm
thanks for all the info you guys gave me! it was really helpful Mr. Green!
hmm, well after much begging and giving my parents the silent treatment im allowed to go! im just fucking scared of the police down there cos if they see me bunking off school, y'know. Me, my two friends and my mum are going, i figured if my mum came with us then not too much attention would be drawn to us... I hope.

any of you guys know what time we should get the train up there, from my house to the place it would only take about an 1hour 15-30 to get there. the stations open up at 5am and i dont mind how early i have to get up so..

im gonna ring the place up at some point today or tomorrow then try to post some info on here or something Very Happy
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
October 28th, 2007 at 07:17pm
I so can't wait for this.
What time is good to start queuing at FP, d'you guys think?
And any information on the signing would be amazingly awesome, so if anyone rings or emails and gets some answers, please post them here. = )
jadepansy459
Thinking Happy Thoughts
jadepansy459
October 28th, 2007 at 09:18pm
WOOP WOOP
turns out i can go
FUCK YES FUCK YES.
do you think people will stay overnight??
because he is only doing it for 2 hours.. so everyone might not get a chance to meet him SadSad
ill try and get there so early
xxxx
CryIDontCare
Salute You in Your Grave
CryIDontCare
October 28th, 2007 at 09:45pm
hmm, this is a stupid question, but like, would it be really easy to get caught by the police down there? if they caught you what would they do? any excuses...?

my mum just told me to run very fast.. great parenting.

sorry, but im such a worrier!
Ebonylox
Joining The Black Parade
Ebonylox
October 28th, 2007 at 09:51pm
CryIDontCare:
hmm, this is a stupid question, but like, would it be really easy to get caught by the police down there? if they caught you what would they do? any excuses...?

rolling on floor That so much sounds like you're planning a kidnap attempt!!
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
October 28th, 2007 at 10:00pm
CryIDontCare:

It's real unlikely that the coppers'll go down there and bust the whole queue for ditching school but if they do, don't run. Just cooperate because I mean, shit...it's the police, right?
It really won't happen though...I mean, it's just so unlikely. Things like this happen all the time and cops usually only get involved in truancy if it's a more-than-one-time thing anyway.
jadepansy459
Thinking Happy Thoughts
jadepansy459
October 29th, 2007 at 03:19pm
is it worth getting there really early?
xx
CryIDontCare
Salute You in Your Grave
CryIDontCare
October 29th, 2007 at 07:35pm
i just rang up the place and god, i was actually really scared, but im just shy so whatever.
the guy said that there isn't any tickets for the thing, you just have to line up and then he goes through as many people as he can in that time slot.
you should probably get there 1-2 hours before the signing starts, so like 10-11am.
they give you the comic there, on the table you pick it up as you go and you may be able to get more then one autograph on the comic book, but that depends on how many people go.

hope i helped xD

thanks to the The Rumor above for the info and maybe i will kidnap him Shifty
CryIDontCare
Salute You in Your Grave
CryIDontCare
October 29th, 2007 at 07:36pm
oh, and would any of you guys give him anything like letter/pictures/gift whatever.. just wondering.