Don't have an account? Create one!

True love.

AuthorMessage
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
February 5th, 2008 at 03:40pm
Heartbreaker16:
hi im jenna but my friends from florida call me Angel. i have a question to ask and no one has answered it on the other threads. ok so my bf of four months broke up with me for no damn reason. and i feel hated. wut should i do??
Hi Jenna/Angel!
I see that you're new, but a question like this belongs in the Personal Questions section of the INO Chamber Smiley
vampirate516
Fabulous Killjoy
vampirate516
March 17th, 2008 at 03:47pm
I believe that true love does exsist, even though many can't find it. Its a bond between two people who do love eachother, can trust eachother with thier lives, be compleatly open and honest, and love the other for who they are and not what they have or can do/give the other. Regardless of looks, sex, or someone just to pass the time with, its something so much more than that, and no one can truly describe or explain it becuase it goes way beyond words.
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
March 17th, 2008 at 06:43pm
I think there is such a thing as true love... I happen to be lucky enough to have some first-hand experience, but then, I'm lucky.

I do think there's someone out there for each person. There's a reasonably good chance they'll never meet, but sometimes also, people grow to be perfect for each other.
xdemolition-loversx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xdemolition-loversx
March 20th, 2008 at 04:47pm
true love exists and i don't know exactly how many feel [b]true[b/] love or even if they really even know if it's true love. so what i'm saying is that true love is out there for every one, it just takes you to find it
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
March 20th, 2008 at 06:27pm
I think true love is real and exists.
People always go on about how they will never find it and all that, but I believe there is someone for everyone in this world, you just have to keep searching, and don't ever give up.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
March 20th, 2008 at 11:02pm
Catastrophic Hymns:

True love, to me. . .

Is sticking through all the shit. It's waking up at three in the morning to hold back your love's hair while they're getting sick. It's not walking away when you're having an argument. It's being able to say "I'm sorry, and I love you." It's looking at another person, a beautiful person, and comparing them to your love and realizing all the things they don't have on them. It's driving 45 minutes just to hold them and tell them "It'll be okay."

It's after 50 years of being married . . . crawling into their hospital bed and letting the cry on your shoulder because you're scared.

It's being there. It's in sickness and it's health. It's no matter how tired you are, how much you want to give up - holding on. It's a promise.

It's hard. It's not sunshine and fucking butterflies.
But it's being able to sit back at the end of your life and realize that you did good. That you lived your life with your love by your side and you never gave up.

That, to me, is true love.

I absolutely agree with everything you just said. I think too many people are under the impression that once you find true love, everything's going to be perfect and you're never going to fight because you're just so meant for each other, etc etc. At that point, I think people need to wake up and smell the coffee. True love is not going to be easy, and it's going to be simple. It will be hard; it will break you apart, and pull you back together again. But it will also be wonderful, and it will complete you inside.

However, I'm not sure if I believe in soulmates. There are billions of people in this world, and the thought that you are only really, truly compatible with one of them seems somewhat ridiculous, at least to me I believe that there are many people in this world whom we could all connect with and truely love. But maybe, just maybe there is one person in the world who is the best possible match for you. As far as I'm concerned, if you find true love, even if it's not with your "soulmate", you done good, kid. Love makes the world go 'round, and without it we are nothing.
Beast And The Harlot
Salute You in Your Grave
Beast And The Harlot
March 21st, 2008 at 11:50am
Catastrophic Hymns:

True love, to me. . .

Is sticking through all the shit. It's waking up at three in the morning to hold back your love's hair while they're getting sick. It's not walking away when you're having an argument. It's being able to say "I'm sorry, and I love you." It's looking at another person, a beautiful person, and comparing them to your love and realizing all the things they don't have on them. It's driving 45 minutes just to hold them and tell them "It'll be okay."

It's after 50 years of being married . . . crawling into their hospital bed and letting the cry on your shoulder because you're scared.

It's being there. It's in sickness and it's health. It's no matter how tired you are, how much you want to give up - holding on. It's a promise.

It's hard. It's not sunshine and fucking butterflies.
But it's being able to sit back at the end of your life and realize that you did good. That you lived your life with your love by your side and you never gave up.

That, to me, is true love.

spot on!
i think that is the perfect definition of true love.
(Y)
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 23rd, 2008 at 10:59pm
True love is the strong feeling of attachment you have to another person, where you feel just this gravitational pull towards them and they are the most amazing person you've ever met. Nothing can separate you except for death, and in some cases, most people feel they can't go on without their loved one (like Romeo and Juliet). True love exists, it exists everywhere. Of course, it's a bit harder to spot nowadays due to all the divorces of celebrities that keeps gettting shoved in the world's face. Love is not a fickle thing, it's not where you can love Johnnie or Debbie (whichever you prefer) and then the next day decide that fate made it so that you fall in love with Becky or Howard (again, whichever you prefer). You'll know when you have fallen in love for real, and I can't exactly describe it to you because I myself have not experienced it. But everytime I see the way my mom looks into my dad's eyes, or vice versa (I know, sounds gross and icky) I know that's true love. It's when you care so much for someone and there will never be anyone like them.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 5th, 2008 at 11:16am
I think that true love does exist.
True love is different because when you find that someone they will be there for you through all of it even if you fight, someone that you just love they might walk away when you fight. The person that you love with all your heart will stand up for you and defend you when you need it most, they will always be there for you.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2008 at 12:11pm
I believe true love does exist. But there are different kinds of true love. I don't think it applies solely to couples. I mean I truly love my family and friends. I think everyone will find true love in life.
Ierosistible
Killjoy
Ierosistible
August 6th, 2008 at 09:40pm
Eponine:
I believe true love does exist. But there are different kinds of true love. I don't think it applies solely to couples. I mean I truly love my family and friends. I think everyone will find true love in life.

I couldn't agree more. I would hope that everyone has some sort of true love in their life. It's a blessing everyone deserves to have.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
August 10th, 2008 at 01:40am
everybodys view of true love is different but in the end the feelings all end up the same.

From my point of view true love is when you can really see yourself growing up and having a life with this person.Not just being able to see yourself holding thier hand next week,but actually getting your own house and having your own children. Wanting to know everything about this person and in general,when your with them you feel complete.
Knowing that everything you say to them about your feelings is from the heart,not something copyed from a song or a quote from some one else.
Its one of the hardest things in the world to explain,but i do personally believe true love exists.
Otherwise what else would we all be living for? it must exist for us all to crave it,i dont go a day without hearing and seeing someone moan about how they want a big perfect wedding and a knight in shining armour and to spend the rest of thier lives together etc.
if it didnt exist we wouldnt have things such as valentines day,why would we celebrate something we dont know about.

true love-everything.
love-something that'l last for a while,and in the end was worth it and you learn from your mistakes until eventually you have the above.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 10th, 2008 at 04:00am
true love can be easily confused for other things such as lust.

When you realy love someone, you would give up anything to see them smile. You dream about just being around them, and then if you lose them, it can make your whole world shatter and you seem stuck in that one point of timem it can quitely easily devoure you. I have been there and it is not pretty. I gave up on love personally
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
August 10th, 2008 at 04:14am
i believe true love does exist.
for others. just not for me, atm.

when that certain person makes you smile, and that smile lasts longer than anything, to the point where you forget your smiling, thats love. when that certain person makes your entire body ache when they leave, thats true love. when you know if that person leaves you, you will, by all means, shatter into a bazillion unputtogetherbackable pieces, thats true love. WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN START ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER HUMAN BEING BECAUSE YOU LOVE THAT CERTAIN PERSON SO MUCH, thats true love.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 10th, 2008 at 05:23am
jeffree fucking star:
WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN START ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER HUMAN BEING BECAUSE YOU LOVE THAT CERTAIN PERSON SO MUCH, thats true love.
...or they could be an obsessed stalker who can't move on Shifty2 Tehe

I think true love has the potential to exist for all. But I also feel as though some people in their lives may miss that opportunity for true love, for whatever reason. I guess no one knows what their whole life will entail, but I'd like to think we all get to fall in love at least once...
Anon.
Killjoy
Anon.
August 12th, 2008 at 08:24pm
I Believe it Does (:
All the little things,like remembering conversations that had some sort of meaning an acctually be interested in how the persons day was,And stuff like that,
stuff thats like in The twilight series, that what i think true love is,
Willing to risk what you have, for the other person,

--
i haven't explained that properly for what i mean, i'll get around to it another time :]
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
August 13th, 2008 at 04:18pm
its funny because back in the day (over like 200 years ago) people fell in love instantly, and usually stayed in love. so i pose this question, was it because they were naive and didnt think about it first? or was it because they didn't complicate it as much as we do today? back then there was no myspace, no phones, no txting, no mixed signs to read, you said how you felt and that was that.

so i think it does exist, just in complicated forms.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 13th, 2008 at 06:19pm
Ghostgirl191:
its funny because back in the day (over like 200 years ago) people fell in love instantly, and usually stayed in love.

Umm no, people just didn't get divorces because women where considered the property of their husbands.
No matter what day and age love has always been a very complicated thing.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 13th, 2008 at 08:44pm
Ghostgirl191:
its funny because back in the day (over like 200 years ago) people fell in love instantly, and usually stayed in love. so i pose this question, was it because they were naive and didnt think about it first? or was it because they didn't complicate it as much as we do today? back then there was no myspace, no phones, no txting, no mixed signs to read, you said how you felt and that was that.

so i think it does exist, just in complicated forms.

Marriage used to exist for convenience or for political reasons rather than love. Women were not allowed to have a say in the decision and they didn't stay in love, they just never got divorced. If you got a divorce as a woman, during most centuries this would probably cost you your entire reputation and no one would ever want to marry you again. A man, however, probably could.

Love doesn't change over the years, it's just as complicated and hard to understand today as it was hundreds of years ago. The difference is now we're allowed to act on it and marry who we want. (Or are we, considering homosexuals are still denied this basic right.)
Seabirds.
Bleeding on the Floor
Seabirds.
August 15th, 2008 at 10:43am
jeffree fucking star:
i believe true love does exist.
for others. just not for me, atm.

when that certain person makes you smile, and that smile lasts longer than anything, to the point where you forget your smiling, thats love. when that certain person makes your entire body ache when they leave, thats true love. when you know if that person leaves you, you will, by all means, shatter into a bazillion unputtogetherbackable pieces, thats true love. WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN START ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER HUMAN BEING BECAUSE YOU LOVE THAT CERTAIN PERSON SO MUCH, thats true love.

I TOTALLY agree. Thats pretty much my view on true love, anyway.