Don't have an account? Create one!

World War Three (WW3)

AuthorMessage
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
December 30th, 2007 at 03:46pm
Firstly, I've searched for a similar thread and didn't find one.
If there is, I'm sorry for taking up forum space, and Mods, feel free to delete it.

Worlds wars.
We've already had two of them.

- Is it likely there will be another world war?
- If so, when do you predict it will be? In our lifetimes? In our children's lifetimes?
- Do you think that if there was another world war, it would end up in the ending of the world, what with all our advances in weapons, focusing on nuclear weapons?
- Who do you think will be the starters of the war?
- What do you think would be the reason for the war?

And any other questions you wish to raise.
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
December 30th, 2007 at 05:02pm
Mr. Brightside.:
If there is, I'm sorry for taking up forum space, and Mods, feel free to delete it.

Worlds wars.

- If so, when do you predict it will be? In our lifetimes? In our children's lifetimes?
- Do you think that if there was another world war, it would end up in the ending of the world, what with all our advances in weapons, focusing on nuclear weapons?

Man, this is a depressing subject, but here goes:

Okay....I would say definitely YES to the first 2 questions, and I do believe that the war will be a nuclear one. There are just WAY too many countries with nuclear weapons right now, and FAR too many power-mongers leading this world, with agendas that are both zealous and hostile.

As far as the war's conception, I believe it will start in the Middle East, and Europe will be heavily involved. I also think that the reason for the war will be religious in nature.

I won't go into too much more detail, but those are my opinions.

BTW, I LOVE your avatar. The Killers ROCK
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
December 30th, 2007 at 05:25pm
- Is it likely there will be another world war? -- Knowing human natural, saddly there probably will be.
- If so, when do you predict it will be? In our lifetimes? In our children's lifetimes? --- Maybe ours if my country keeps it up. If not, then our children's.
- Do you think that if there was another world war, it would end up in the ending of the world, what with all our advances in weapons, focusing on nuclear weapons? --- If someone stupid set of a nuclear bomb. Then yes. But, I personally think that it would be useless to have a war if you were just going to kill everyone, including yourself.
- Who do you think will be the starters of the war? -- America, not to dis my country or anything. But it would most likely be us.
- What do you think would be the reason for the war --- I'm not sure on this one. Most likely something that could of been handled WITHOUT a war.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
March 15th, 2008 at 10:50am
I think if that there is another world war, what with the development of weapons, it could be the end of the world.
Nuclear weapons have the power to get rid of us all, and they'll be used one day.
It's just a matter of when.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
March 15th, 2008 at 11:20am
If/when there is another world war, I highly doubt nuclear weapons would be used because of MAD, mutual assured destruction.
Basically, if a country with nuclear weapons were to bomb some other country with nuclear weapons or a country allied to a country with nuclear weapons, they'll just bomb that country back. If said country were smart, they wouldn't use their nuclear weapons.
And as far as WW3, I could see that happening at some point. I don't really know when it would be or what the cause would be, nor do I care. But it's a huge possibilily.
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
March 15th, 2008 at 09:25pm
Mutually assured destruction, was, is and always has been a completely insane idea. It's worrisome to know that the two superpowers in the cold war thought like that.

But to the questions.

No. Not in a sense at all connected to the first two, which were essentially european affairs which spilt over into the colonies. Countries are getting smaller, and relations are now run by economics. The EU and the advent of the euro have tied together most of europe's economies as such to prevent them warring with each other. The UN security council probably has enough about it to stop anything too big kicking off at least between the big nuclear powers.

Anything close to a world war will need a very different political situation, which I can only really see happening after some sort of major economic crash, thus forcing political upheaval.

No, purely because the major powers are too dependant on one another and are forced into (fairly) friendly relations by the UN. I've also little doubt, that if the US were to enter into a war with the clear moral highground, no need to win over an indigenous population, they would finish it quickly, on combat terms western nations are the likely winners of any war.

I'll answer both of these together, one of the countries is almost certain to be the US, simply because they are the major players on the world stage but I imagine that they would be reacting to aggression coming from either Russia, China or the middle east.
dark desire.
Salute You in Your Grave
dark desire.
March 15th, 2008 at 10:09pm
I think there will be another world war. When, I don't know and it will be nuclear for sure. I think China will most likely start it because of how much money they've gotten from Wal-Mart having all of their products made there.

We are going to die of Chinese bullets paid for by Wal-Mart.
Kayla Doesn't Care
Fabulous Killjoy
Kayla Doesn't Care
March 16th, 2008 at 10:26pm
a thousand apologies:

Worlds wars.

-yes, very likely.
-probubaly in my childrens lifetime if not mine
-considering the dangers mordern weapons, yes.
-honestly, the U.S ... but hopefully our new prez can stop us from acting like idiot like our last one did *cough* bush *cough*
- who knows, their are so many problems, anyone of them could start it.
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
March 17th, 2008 at 04:55pm
I would say yes, because people dont seem to be capable of accepting opposing views to theirs, and with religious fundamentalism and communism, its pretty likely. And in theory it could be argued the Cold War and the War on Terror could be world wars 3 and 4.

Could be our lifetimes, as someone above said it would take an economic crisis, and we are heading into one of those right now. And I think communism will become more of an issue again.

- Do you think that if there was another world war, it would end up in the ending of the world, what with all our advances in weapons, focusing on nuclear weapons? Well I believe it was Einstein that said "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" and i guess I kinda believe that too. If you think what would happen if a nuclear bomb ended up in the hands of a suicide bomber... things would escalate pretty quickly from there. And with nuclear weapons in the hands of russia and china all you have do to is think back to the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 and you realise how close we can come to nuclear war.

Well I don't believe 'The West' would act without being provoked, so it will be either Religious Fundamentalists or Communists.

Religion or Communism
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
March 20th, 2008 at 05:50am
Rock Steady:

Could be our lifetimes, as someone above said it would take an economic crisis, and we are heading into one of those right now.

It's at worst a recession. Which is only two quarters of negative growth. Economic crisis is going to require a crash of the US stock market and massive inflation in the US, and probably Europe as well. Zimbabwe is an example of an economic crisis, I believe western governments know have enough knowledge to keep any recession from spiralling out of control.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
March 21st, 2008 at 12:30pm
I think that there will most definitely be another world war, and that we're well on our way to starting it now. Countries are building up weapons, alliances, and the tension worldwide is rising. Historty shows that, when countries, build up weapons, they tend to use them, and when countries make alliances, it tends to spark wars. I think that we'll be using said weapons in, not just our own lifetimes, but within the next 20 or so years. Probably sooner rather than later too, since I think a lot of WW3 will have to do with the lack of oil, and religious fundamentalism.

Nuclear weapons are going to be a huge factor in WW3, which may in fact bring the end of the world, if countries aren't smart about it. We have so many weapons of mass destruction at our disposal now, and if we launch one, someone else is going to launch one right back, and then someone else will launch one back at them, etc etc. Even if a city isn't directly hit by a nuclear bomb, there's still the issue of radiation poisoning, which is just as deadly (and a hell of a lot more painful).

I mean, look at the state of the world today! There's the war in Iraq and the Middle East, for starters, which is causing huge amounts of global tension. On top of that, Iran and several other Middle Eastern countries are determined to blow Isreal off the face of the map, and (we think) are building up the weapons to do it. China has huge armies at their command, not to mention nuclear weapons and a good space program. And there's more to add to that list, I'm sure, but I'm not that well-versed on geopolitics to be able to know what it is.

So, bottom line: Yes, I think there will be a WW3, and I think it will be soon.
hidden black heart
Killjoy
hidden black heart
March 21st, 2008 at 02:19pm
I think there will be another world-wide war, but it will probably have a different name. There will most likely be little or no connection to the two world wars that have already occured.

It could happen very soon. If the unlikely possibility of other countries getting involved with the war in the middle east, it has the possibility to escalate. However, that leading to a world war is unlikely. I'm guessing we have at least fifteen years.

The tension from the Cold War never entirely died down. I think it might be possible that fired nuclear weapons could end the world, but I hope no one in power would be dumb enough to hope the enemy couldn't hit the launch button in time.

If there is a world war, it'll probably happen because of religion, or because of some guy in power accidentaly pushing the big red button. The starters will probably be the US in some way, since we always seem to be in a war, and either a communist country with a large army or an empowered religious group.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 4th, 2008 at 06:10pm
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstien
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 6th, 2008 at 05:56am
oh most definatly. weve shown to be damn good at killing each other. and not much more.

probably not in our lifetimes. the wold even though it does look rather messed up
really is kinda quiet, there arnt really any major massive squables over ideals like communism and capitalism.

i dont think it would end the whole wold. i think even though there are so many nuclear weapons i dont think countries are really prepared to use them. i mean the atomic bombs only been used in war once. and never again so its clear that even though there are massive amounts of weapons were still reluctant to push the big red button.

im really not sure as to whos going to start it. could be anyone really.

world wars usually happen over a clash of political ideals. i mean world war two was a stand against facism and the nazis the last war would have been about a clash against communism and capitolism

KingRex:
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstien

if your not gonna imput your own thoughts and answer the question
maybe you really shouldnt leave anything.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 6th, 2008 at 10:00pm
i think if there was a WW3, it would be sparked because of terrorism. I think that MAD is one reason why countries wouldn't use nuclear weapons on each other, but then terrorist groups come in to the mix. When Hezbala(sp?) was able to launch a battle with Israel even though the government of the country that it was based in, Lebanon, didnt attack Israel, was pretty much proof that a terrorist group could use some sort of attack on a country which would trigure alliance and there you have it WW3
Mercutio
Motor Baby
Mercutio
May 10th, 2008 at 02:22am
Yes, definitly. There is still a lot of war, and many of them involve lots of different countries, we just have to wait until more get involved. (I don't mean that will be a good thing.)

I'm not really sure...I think it will be fairly soon.

I don't think it will be the end of the world, but we will definitly focus on nuclear. Even if we destroyed eachother (the richer countries) there would be places that would not be involved and would therefore remain untouched.

Most probably America because a middle-eastern country will commit a terrorist attack on them.

See above.
theghostofyou123
Killjoy
theghostofyou123
May 10th, 2008 at 10:18am
- Is it likely that there will be another world war?
It might happen, it depends on how ties between countries strengthen, weaken, or form.
- When do you think it will be?
I think it might towards the end of our lifetimes, but it could happen sooner than that or later than that.
- Do you think that it will end up with the end of the world?
I dont think it will be the end of the world, because the countries involved in the fighting will be the only ones harm, and the neutral ones will stay out of the way.
Any country could start the war, especially if they have the means of creating high-tech or nuclear weapons.
- What do you think will be the reason for the war?
I think that the reason for the war would be over terrosist attacks, or over oil (the prices are increasing, the amount is dwindling, etc.)
Basically, a WW3 will probably happen, although I'm not quite sure win. What with all our new advances in terms of weapons, it will probably be more destructive that the last WWs, maybe even more destructive than WW1 and WW2 combined.
Nadia Way
Jazz Hands
Nadia Way
May 11th, 2008 at 08:08pm
either way, with technology advancing and ww3 idk if humans will be able to live again.

we'll all just end up destroying eachother and it's tragic cuz it's all in vain : (
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
May 13th, 2008 at 02:23pm

I'd like to say no, but in all honesty, yes, there probably will be another world war.

Well, averaging on the fact that "our lifetimes" refer to kids in their teens right now, that gives about 60 years average more, so, by 2069, there probably will have been another war, sadly.

If we make it past that without a world war, then I will be extremely surprised.

I'd like to hope not, and it's probably not likely anyway. The weapons would probably be used to wipe out entire countries, though.

Probably someone in the Middle East. Of course, that would only be a relatively minor war, but America and the UK probably wouldn't be able to keep their noses out, meaning they'd be heavily involved.

It might be religion-based, or it might be that another dictator thinks s/he can take over. That I don't know, but I think something to do with religion.
k?!
Always Born a Crime
k?!
May 19th, 2008 at 07:15pm
As much as want to believe I am lying, I do think there will be another world war.
People of this lifetime are too obsessed with war, weapons, etc. And it is pretty pathetic and utterly disturbing. But for ages, humans have been obsessed with war, and I doubt that can ever change.
I do think that another world war could end the world, or at least damaging it. I'm sure alot of species will be wiped out from nuclear explosions. And many species will probably get sick.
My beliefs are that the United States will either be the one to start a WW3 or be the cause. The US gets into every countries business and affairs, and don't believe they can handle it on there own.
That's all I can say. =)